Which saddle looks more comfortable?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2019

Which saddle looks more comfortable?

Does any one have any idea which of these two saddles is more comfortable?

Ultralight Selle full Carbon https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/LbOpdlO

or
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/HlKrQwc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which saddle looks more comfortable?-240caf36-de08-43b7-b410-a5b8f5c1a0e8.jpg  

Which saddle looks more comfortable?-07aa9495-68d3-4fd2-9424-ec335a6e0645.jpg  

Bikesexual
    What's comfortable to me, maybe brutal to you, tough question to answer. Order both, return the least comfortable one?
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

mtbr member
    Saddles and comfort are a personal pursuit. Some saddles look great, but are uncomfortable when ridden for a length of time. I agree with JCD, hard to know without time in the saddle. Are there measurable differences between the saddles? Is one wider/longer? Does the width match your sitbones? Is there a weight limit? I have to consider the last question myself as I'm about 230.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

EAT MORE GRIME
    to me ? none of the above

the most comfortable saddle for me is a single carbon fiber sheet in the shape of a standard road saddle, on standard rails. no padding. super long ride comfort... they just tend to crack on the first crash is the only downside of CF sheet saddles.

but for the two you posted ...nope. both look like horror shows since they are el-cheapo generic factory spew.

either one might be amazing or disappoint...it's cheap enough so roll the dice and get both
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    That's a hard question to answer. Everyone's rear is going to be different. What's comfortable to me...might be an ass hatchet to you.

I've been riding one of the China carbon saddles (similar to the second pic) for years...and it works just fine for me...even after three hours of pedaling over Vegas rock. I did feel it a bit the next day in my rump...but it went away pretty fast. I also use some padded bib shorts under my MTB shorts. As long as you find a saddle that properly supports your sit bones...you'll be ok.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    That's a hard question to answer. Everyone's rear is going to be different. What's comfortable to me...might be an ass hatchet to you.

I've been riding one of the China carbon saddles (similar to the second pic) for years...and it works just fine for me...even after three hours of pedaling over Vegas rock. I did feel it a bit the next day in my rump...but it went away pretty fast. I also use some padded bib shorts under my MTB shorts. As long as you find a saddle that properly supports your sit bones...you'll be ok.
    I have the one on the bottom bought a sqlabs high dollar one to replace it...sold the sqlabs went back to the $30 130gram cheapo.

There are more varieties of the china carbon seats now I was giving them a look on eBay today.

I was looking at all the nice name brand carbon seats..and I don't know I think ill take someone's advice and buy a nice pair bibs.
    Looking at some assos centa $250 heard they are bee's knees and have the ku ku condo. (It's a snuggy place for Frank an beans).

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I think the first one claims to be stupid light, I ordered one a while back, tracking shows it got delivered but not on my porch (the seller is no longer on ebay, - always buy from a seller with lots of good feedback).
    My friend has the 2nd one, it looks just like the one on another race buddy's 10k Sworks. I avoided the 2nd one because we race in foul weather quite a bit, and I was afraid the holes would collect mud/sand.
    I'll present a 3rd option, I have these on 2 bikes, plus 2 spares (I like this one a lot). One racer friend I recommended it to got one, liked it a lot, but it broke during the first lap of a race, I'm not sure if he over-tightended the clamp, but I've heard that carbon failures are commonly due to over-tightening. The one I like: https://www.ebay.com/itm/full-carbon...72.m2749.l2649
    skidding is the signature of the novice; learn how to use your brakes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jimPacNW View Post
    I think the first one claims to be stupid light, I ordered one a while back, tracking shows it got delivered but not on my porch (the seller is no longer on ebay, - always buy from a seller with lots of good feedback).
    My friend has the 2nd one, it looks just like the one on another race buddy's 10k Sworks. I avoided the 2nd one because we race in foul weather quite a bit, and I was afraid the holes would collect mud/sand.
    I'll present a 3rd option, I have these on 2 bikes, plus 2 spares (I like this one a lot). One racer friend I recommended it to got one, liked it a lot, but it broke during the first lap of a race, I'm not sure if he over-tightended the clamp, but I've heard that carbon failures are commonly due to over-tightening. The one I like: https://www.ebay.com/itm/full-carbon...72.m2749.l2649
    That looks interesting. What is this about an oval track/thread? Not sure if it would fit my Oneup dropper post?

mtbr member
    It'll fit the OneUp. As long as the seatpost clamps the top and bottom...it'll work with oval rails. It's the posts that clamp from the side that'll need different clamps for oval and round rails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which saddle looks more comfortable?-img_1373.jpg