Rockshox Reverb Stealth bleed question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2019

Rockshox Reverb Stealth bleed question

Hi All,

Looking for help/solutions.

I just ordered and recieved a Rockshox hydraulic bleed kit for a Rockshox reverb stealth, (I think b1).

However, i just noticed after fluffing around that you need a "special" bleeding edge tool for the stealth remote (BS). So i can't actually undo the bleed screw.Anyway around this?

This was an dropper post i immediately took off a new bike so i never used it. I put it aside for a few months and it doesn't actuate at all so i imagine i just need to add fluid firstly.

any help would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Umm did you check the air pressure? Because if it's low on pressure then it won't move. The bleed kit should come with two syringes; one attaches at the post head and the other at the remote so I don't know what you mean where you didn't get all the tools if you got the kit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    sram has a proprietary bleed tool for the lever called bleeding edge tool. I didn't realize the switched to it for rockshox stealth remote. that's the tool im missing

mtbr member
    If you have the 1x remote with the paddle, you need the bleeding edge tool. When you buy a new Reverb, you get the complete bleed kit and fluid with it so should be all set.

The kit and bleeding edge adapter are specific to mineral oil, which is used for the remote. The brake bleed kits are different as they use DOT. The push-button plunger type of remote uses standard threaded bleed fittings, but still mineral oil specific.

I got a deal on a oem post without packaging that did not come with the kit. It cost less than 1/2 of a new post. Fortunately I already had the bleed kit.

IMO, a hydraulic remote for a dropper is silly and a pain in the butt compared to a decent cable setup. There are a couple of kits that convert Reverbs to cable actuation if you want to go that route.
    What, me worry?