Reverb dropper- Mtbr.com

Thread: Reverb dropper

mtbr member
    May 2019

Reverb dropper

Has anyone else experienced the dropper working a few times, and then failing to return to normal height? I have to rebleed this thing over and over for it to work in the shop, it works a few times on the trail, and then when I am at the deepest point of the woods(where mosquitos are considered a bird species) it fails to come back up.

I am about to rip this thing off my bike and say "ta hell" with these damn dropper things. I rip some pretty gnarly descents with my saddle up, and don't seem to ever need it where I ride.

Can anyone tell me why it won't come back up? Is there a slow leak or something?

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Many people complain about them, but they are by far my favorite dropper. I suspect you have a leak somewhere or the hose kinked.

mtbr member
    Seat post clamp too tight? Loosen it and see what happens.

The remote has a speed control. If the post starts not coming up, increase the speed and see what happens. If that fixes it, it suggest there's a leak in the remote circuit somewhere. You should be able to see the oil at the remote or at the base of the dropper.
    Do the math.

mbtr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzymusketeer View Post
    I rip some pretty gnarly descents with my saddle up
    No you don't.

Reverbs suck. Thanks to sram marketing, they have some value on the used market. Sell and get a real dropper. The reverb might be the worst dropper post you can buy.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

mtbr member
    Reverbs seem to be a complete hit or miss. It's been three years and my B1 has been fine so far. I've had two other ones and they've been trouble free too.

It's possible that you have a dislodged o-ring or something of that nature on the inside of the post. A rebuild might be necessary. If its new enough...try and get it warrantied.

mtbr member
    I agree with RS VR6. Reverb's seem to hit or miss. I have a 2018 model, and it's been working fine. Only issue was it got a little squishy. But the simple 'turn it upside down' trick fixed it. To prevent the squish from coming back, I don't hang the bike on the work stand by the seat post. I've noticed that Reverb's don't like to be pulled up on. Manual even indicates that.

I haven't had the issue fuzzymusketeer ran into. But I would check post clamp torque as Lone Rager suggested.
    You didn't quit riding because you're old, you're old because you quit riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Fox transfer...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Fox Transfer posts are not without their problems. I think they're pretty similar to the B1 Reverb in terms of reliability. My B1 has been problem free for two years now. The new Reverb C1 looks promising, still with the dopey hydro remote though.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    After 30 years of riding I finally got a bike with a dropper. My 2018 Kona came with a Reverb (170mm). I set up bike, shock, fork, dropper, tubeless, etc. First ride was in 20 deg F weather and right away I noticed dropper would not return to extended position due to cold. I got it back inside and once it warmed up it was fine. I did some research, bought a Reverb bleed kit (2 syringes) and did a proper bleed per manual and video on SRAM website. I pulled out a few air bubbles and went for a ride with no issues.

That was Jan 2018 and since then it's been flawless which includes 2 winters of cold riding and over 2000 miles of constant use. I have done NOTHING but ride it in all this time. I know it's overdue for service but I'm probably going to wait until this winter.
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...:thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Anything/everything Reverb in here...

https://forums.mtbr.com/components/r...ad-660853.html

I learned a few things. Figure out what model you have...not all issues apply to all models.
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...:thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hydraulic droppers are dumb. I changed mine to the one up components for that reason, and because the reverb was too long.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis256 View Post
    Hydraulic droppers are dumb. I changed mine to the one up components for that reason, and because the reverb was too long.
    Yeah, hydraulic brakes are dumb, too. We should all go back to cables.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by twodownzero View Post
    Yeah, hydraulic brakes are dumb, too. We should all go back to cables.
    Hydraulic brakes give a significant increase in performance, hydraulic droppers don't. Dropper posts don't need modulation, butts are too heavy for that.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Does anybody know the PSI it should be set at?