Rebound Bolt..... unobtainium.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2020

Rebound Bolt..... unobtainium.

Hey everyone! I'm hoping someone can help me find a bolt for my 2018 Revelation fork. The lower rebound leg is held on by this bolt (MANUFACTURER ID:114015404028):

My LBS decided to tighten this so much that they stripped it out. I have tried to undo it but have only damaged it further trying to loosen it. (Still stuck) I cannot find this bolt anywhere. Will most other rebound bolts work in its place?

Shartacular Spectacular

Why are you trying to find this bolt? Kind of sounds like the LBS should be addressing this being as they stripped it out, right?
    18’ SC Bronson C
    Grip2, Reserve 27's, i9, Float X2

18' SC V10
    Fox 40 w/Avy air/coil, WAO: The Outlier, i9, Avy Woodie

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Good question.... Same question my wife asked. I guess I just expect crappy customer service anymore. I honestly expected them to deny it, so I got to work with an assortment of tools and before I knew it, I had pretty well destroyed it. ....and, its still stuck on there. Once I get the new bolt I'm gonna get out the Dremel. But I dont want to go that far yet until I have the bolt in hand as I still want to be able to ride.

...Yeah, I wish I could do this one over.

Shartacular Spectacular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashy_McCrash_Face View Post
    Good question.... Same question my wife asked. I guess I just expect crappy customer service anymore. I honestly expected them to deny it, so I got to work with an assortment of tools and before I knew it, I had pretty well destroyed it. ....and, its still stuck on there. Once I get the new bolt I'm gonna get out the Dremel. But I dont want to go that far yet until I have the bolt in hand as I still want to be able to ride.

...Yeah, I wish I could do this one over.
    Yeah his was poorly played, at the very least you should mention it to them so they tell Bam-bam to use a torque wrench on the next poor bastard’s fork... Repost your picture, it’s not showing up. I’d start by contacting Rock Shox directly and if you have trouble getting through, contact Worldwidecyclery.com, they’ve been really good in the past at getting me Fox parts that need to be obtained from the manufacturer.

As an aside, best two brands of wrenches I’ve found when dealing with bolts prone to stripping, bolts seized up really bad to high temp/pressure, or bolts that are kind of already stripped and need to be taken off are Wright tools “Wright Grip” wrenches and Snap-on “flank drive” or “flank drive plus.” These will prevent stripping bolts or allow you to free up bolts that aren’t already too far gone.
    18’ SC Bronson C
    Grip2, Reserve 27's, i9, Float X2

18' SC V10
    Fox 40 w/Avy air/coil, WAO: The Outlier, i9, Avy Woodie