Quality price to value boost 148/110 hubs with 6 bolt disc mount- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Quality price to value boost 148/110 hubs with 6 bolt disc mount

Looking for recommendations for a quality price to value 110/148 boost front and rear hubs with proper wider boost flange spacing and 6 bolt disc mount. Iíve noticed some of the front hubs Iíve researched donít have the benefit of the wider flange spacing boost is designed for; mostly the 100-110 convertible hubs. Running SRAM X9, Shimano Deore and XT on my current rides and Iím happy with them, but it appears Shamino has moved to center lock disc mounts for the most part on a lot of there hubs.

New to boost here. My new frame has it, so time for new wheel builds.
    Shoot your TV and turn off your CPUís, then get outside and start living!
    Banshee Paradox & Soma Wolverine 3spd Belt Drive

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hope makes great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanna ride bikes?
    Are you having problems with your current front wheels? If not there's no reason to stress about the flange spacing on a front hub. Just buy whatever is cheap, or has the color you want, or whatever. There's not much to be gained by slightly wider flanges.

For front hubs nearly anything will do. Spend your money on a solid rear hub.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    No issues with my current 100 front hubs, but all currently in use on other bikes and are 9QR. Maybe true boost 110 hubs donít provide an advantage to average everyday riders (I donít know), but if Iím doing a new wheel build for a boost frame I canít see the point in using a small flange to flange hub.

Hope look solid and thereís those wonderful color options.

i guess a good additional question would be which hubs to avoid?

As far as the rear hub goes, the quieter the better for me. Keep them coming...

Wanna ride bikes?
    You need to do some reading. You should also request to have this thread moved to the Wheels and Tires forum.

Boost Hope hubs do not take advantage of wider flanges, and the rear hub is one of the loudest around.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

since 4/10/2009
    There's no good reason NOT to get centerlock hubs anymore. There are excellent CL-ISO adapters that give you the advantages of the CL interface with actual 6 bolt rotors. I use a few different ones.

mtbr member
    Did a bunch of research along your lines before having a wheel set built by Mike C last year. I likely have some Scottish blood because bang for the buck really drove the decision. I am planning on these to last "forever", so fitting other bikes is a distinct possibility.

Went with DT350 hubs for the front options of running anything from 9QR to 15MM through, by swapping an adapter. I don't think this option is available for boost. That wasn't a concern to me. Axle withs? yes.

There are a crapload of options for these hubs. 6 bolt/centerline, hub wdith, spoke count....Mike builds great wheels and was great to deal with. Like others here, been very happy with my set.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    You need to do some reading. You should also request to have this thread moved to the Wheels and Tires forum.

Boost Hope hubs do not take advantage of wider flanges, and the rear hub is one of the loudest around.
    Reading is exactly I have been doing. My reading says Hope Pro 4 front 15X110 Boost hubs have the flanges moved outbound. I sure "hope" they don't make noise. If the rears are some of the loadest out there, then those rears aren't for me.

I'm really a IGH fan, but only Rohloff makes a 148 Boost kit for their Speedhubs that I am aware of. If anyone knows of any 148 Boost IGH hubs please post them up.

Any thoughts Halo rear hubs? I like their new Vortex i33 29" rims. Are they noisy?

If this thread needs to be moved, please do. My apologies.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    There's no good reason NOT to get centerlock hubs anymore.
    Not a fan of centerlock myself. try to keep all my bikes 6-bolt; not that there is anything wrong with them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by milliesand View Post
    Did a bunch of research along your lines before having a wheel set built...
    I've read good things about DT350 hub, but there seem a bit pricey. My LBS builds my wheels up for me for a get price. 45 years of loyal service is hard to beat! Planning on Sapim Race and WTB KOM Tough 29 i35-i40 (have one i40 rim already) unless I find a quality prebuilt set like those Halo Vortex I mentioned. Had excellent luck with Halo Vapours laced with DT Swiss Alpine III's. I'm a Clyde at 230lbs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Iíve got 3 wheelsets with DT350s and 2 with Bitex hubs. Honestly, for the price I think Bitex are my new choice from here on out. Less expensive than DT350s and so far just as durable. All of my hubs are centerlock.

Check out Bitex. I donít think youíll be disappointed. Especially for the cost...

The White Jeff W
    I'm a big fan of Hope hubs. Great quality - reasonable price - easy to service - convertible to all the 'standards'. Here's front & rear for $250 bucks

https://www.merlincycles.com/en-us/h...60/?brand=hope
    No moss...

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Once Bitten View Post
    Iíve got 3 wheelsets with DT350s and 2 with Bitex hubs. Honestly, for the price I think Bitex are my new choice from here on out. Less expensive than DT350s and so far just as durable.
    Bigger/stronger riders should avoid Bitex, they are NOT up to the task. Many broken axles, blown out bearings, ruined freehubs, more broken axles. I had 4 or 5 at one point, waste of money, many rebuilt wheels.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    If you want to go a bit cheaper, SRAM 900 is very decent hub for a good price. 52 POE and steel axle.

mtbr member
    Leaning towards the new Halo Vortex i33 29er complete Enduro wheelset to get started with my first Boost bike, but long-term Iíd really like a Rohloff in the rear. The expensive of that and rather puzzling A12 ordering process with little discounts available put that dream on hold for now.

As for front Boost hubs, I like the stats on the SRAM X0 with wide flange to flange measurement and light weight, but is it really worth 2C-notes+? Itís certainly got the look. Are the bearings something special?