Post current pedal deals; flats/no clip-ons- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Post current pedal deals; flats/no clip-ons

Size 13 wide "violin cases" AKA shoes. (Also XXL hands; 2 out 3 isn't bad, right?)

I plan to buy from my LBS, and pay more than the web. I only bought one pair of flat quality pedals my whole life, I forgot the price at a shop 80 miles S of my home (where I bought a bike), and have no idea the price range for mid-to upper quality pedals.

All I know is Walmart pedals looked OK for $15, but weighed half as much as my entire bike.

mtbr member
    Race Face and One Up composite pedals go for $50. Knock offs of either are $25 on Amazon.

Metals, I have no idea what the average price is.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    I'm a 10.5 wide. When I demoed a bike with Chesters they felt too small to me. I bought a pair of OneUp Composites just based off the size of their platform and they feel fantastic to me. I also considered the similarly sized and priced Kona Wah Wahs, but they didn't have the color I wanted.
    Knorth - 2017 Jamis DragonSlayer Pro
    Tinkerbell - 1995 Trek 930

mtbr member
    I noticed the size difference too, and for that reason am getting the OneUps (I also like the design a little more).

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Just ordered the new Deity Deftraps. $50 also - check 'em out if you haven't ordered/purchased.
    :nono: :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    I wear size 10.5 - 12 shoes, depending on the type, brand, etc. My 510's are size 12, if that helps you.

I tried a buddies race face chesters. They were good pedals... but I wouldn't recommend them if you've got big feet and like big pedals. They had fair traction, but didn't even cover the width of my foot/shoe. I'd look elsewhere if I were you.

I'm using a pair of CrankBrothers Stamp 3's in size Large. I have had them for about a year or so, and have had zero problems with them. They are alloy, with 10 pins per side, and properly cover the width of my foot (but I honestly can't remember off the top of my head if they are wider, sorry). They tend to run $60-90 ish, depending on the sale, and color. I think I paid $57 for mine

They also make the Stamp 1 in the same sizes, but is composite (and has 9 pins per side instead of 10). They run $35-50. The Stamp 2's are alloy again, same 10 pins, but cast instead of forged. Their price often overlaps with the Stamp 3's, but it really just depends on what is on sale. They also make a Stamp 7, and 11 (which are wayyyy more money).

The new Diety Deftraps do look interesting, as they're basically a composite version of the TMac's, which people seem to really like (but run like $160).

I'd also say check out the Kona Wah Wah 2's. Another large platform composite pedal, usually about $60 or so IIRC.

Good luck with the search .

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    I wear size 11's in 510's and I also found the race face chesters to be too small and too flat feeling. I prefer a contoured pedal. I have race face atlas pedals on 5 bikes and dmr vaults on another. They're rebuildable and feel great under my wide foot. The cost of high end flat pedals can get up there quick. There are some cheaper composite pedals that are really good as well and highly rated such as those mentioned in previous posts. The Kona Wah Wah's and One Up's are really good.

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the help on such a mundane topic. I noticed that even though OneUp specifies larger dimensions (round corners), the Deity appears to cover larger area due to its square corners.

Had to order Deity Deftrap in green, almost identical to the green/yellow stripe on my Woodsmoke frame.

She Who Cooks said the green is "Too showy, immature, get black."

Perfect!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ro7939 View Post
    Thanks for all the help on such a mundane topic. I noticed that even though OneUp specifies larger dimensions (round corners), the Deity appears to cover larger area due to its square corners.

Had to order Deity Deftrap in green, almost identical to the green/yellow stripe on my Woodsmoke frame.

She Who Cooks said the green is "Too showy, immature, get black."

Perfect!
    Green to showy? LOL Iím ordering orange pedals and grips for my next bike. But current bike is orange.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Ha! I wish I could remember my wife's exact response when I recently put bright blue grips on my purple and red bike. Something along the lines of "It's very...baroque."

Life's too short for boring bikes.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Mine will be here Thursday (in black, of course ). I'll try to post when I've had a chance to try them out. Hope you like 'em!

edit: so far, so good. These are definite keepers.
    Last edited by noapathy; 06-16-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    :nono: :thumbsup: