PNW Coast Suspension Dropper ok- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2020

PNW Coast Suspension Dropper ok

Has anyone rode the PNW dropper / suspension post on a hard tail?
    I really like the idea of air shock, very tune-able .. but Just getting back into mounting biking

I do not know much about PNW as a company?
    any insights ???

mtbr member
    Can't say I've used the Coast, but I've had two of their posts, no issues (both on hardtails)...and a pair of their grips.

To get to your question about PNW, they're a good company IMHO and they have great communication and service, again, in my experience. PNW is like many companies in the bike industry, they source well made components over an affordable price range. I'd say PNW's main goal is bringing user friendly components to mainstream riders who have a real world budget. I'd have no issue trying the post...if you had any issues, they'd help you out.

I would only add this....since it seems droppers are new to you, I'd do a little reading on what to expect from ANY dropper post in terms of service, use, wear and tear, etc....
    The member formerly known as Redtires....

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Sorry OP, I've only used a cheap SR Suntour (or possibly a knockoff) piece, unable to provide a proper opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Handlebar View Post
    Can't say I've used the Coast, but I've had two of their posts, no issues (both on hardtails)...and a pair of their grips.

To get to your question about PNW, they're a good company IMHO and they have great communication and service, again, in my experience. PNW is like many companies in the bike industry, they source well made components over an affordable price range. I'd say PNW's main goal is bringing user friendly components to mainstream riders who have a real world budget. I'd have no issue trying the post...if you had any issues, they'd help you out.

I would only add this....since it seems droppers are new to you, I'd do a little reading on what to expect from ANY dropper post in terms of service, use, wear and tear, etc....
    Not sure if you misread, but suspension and dropper posts are not exactly the same..

Sent from my Mate 30 Pro using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow4eva View Post
    Sorry OP, I've only used a cheap SR Suntour (or possibly a knockoff) piece, unable to provide a proper opinion.
    Not sure if you misread, but suspension and dropper posts are not exactly the same..

Yes it is both

40 mil of suspension and 120 mil dropper

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by goofyarcher View Post
    Yes it is both

40 mil of suspension and 120 mil dropper
    Oh, wow! I did not know such a thing existed. I'd say go for it, PNW is a reliable brand, I own a Bachelor dropper post and no complaints from me!