OneUp Dropper V2 - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Hi folks.

I ordered my 210 one with the additional v2.1 actuator... and in my case I prefer the v2 one... Take into account that on several frames with a curved seat tube (like my Strive CF), if the seatpost is fully inserted v2.1 actuator, with non centered housing-stop position can end up so close to tube inner and make the things work worse.

In my case v2 works better, smoother and with lower remote lever travel. Also v2.1 made some strange sounds inside my frame...

This afternoon I'll remove the rattling and I hope this will be the last mod to the dropper.

IMHO the best to do is to offer both actuators and allow buyer to choose the prefered one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hey Jon question on the oneup post. I have rebuild my dads post because it had the rattle so added tape and fix worked. Last night I rebuilt mine for same concern and found mine has an o ring around the outside of the schrader valve that my dads did not. Iím pretty sure his didnít have one at all not just stuck to the seat head etc because the flats on the schrader valve were pretty even with the seat post head. So is his needing an o ring or did mine get something it wasnít supposed to?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Hill View Post
    Hey Jon question on the oneup post. I have rebuild my dads post because it had the rattle so added tape and fix worked. Last night I rebuilt mine for same concern and found mine has an o ring around the outside of the schrader valve that my dads did not. Iím pretty sure his didnít have one at all not just stuck to the seat head etc because the flats on the schrader valve were pretty even with the seat post head. So is his needing an o ring or did mine get something it wasnít supposed to?
    They all have the oring by the valve. If you didn't see it, it was likely just inside the upper tube. If it is missing or misplaced hit us up and ask for SP1C0031 (KIT, CARTRIDGE HARDWARE).

Cheers,
    Jon

mtbr member
    Iím a few weeks into using my 120mm v2 replacing a bikeyoke. No issues with bikeyoke just too tall for my new bike. Using a cheapie amazon trigger and though it was sticky at first, everything is silky smooth now. Iím not using the 2.1 attachment. easy to modulate height no noises and pops up great. And the seat clamp hasn't loosened a bit and quite solid. For the cost and slight weight addition there is just no excuse not to run a dropper other than high level Xc racing where every gram counts.
    Ď19 orbea oiz tr
    '16 Scott Genius 700 Premium traded in
    Cervelo R3sl
    Seven Alta
    Curtlo h/t

mtbr member since 1996

Scratched stanction

I got a new 210mm v2 and after a quick test ride to make sure it worked...I saw a scratch in the stanction. You can also see a faint line where something is rubbing. After some more actuations it got worse.

What could cause this? Any reason it may cause more problems?

Iíve opened a warranty claim with the place I bought it.

OneUp Dropper V2-0a4d4385-fbc2-456d-b583-127f2d07c589.jpg
    OneUp Dropper V2-d5038e52-609e-4526-9050-bea43f70041b.jpg
    My Wife's Channel for Women - LadyMTB

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Iíve had four V1 x 170mm, got a V2 x 210mm when they were first released, running it with a Wolf Tooth lever, very easy swap from a 170mm, has worked great, though it was a little sticky in the cold a few weeks ago.

The top cap/wiper seal is quite snug, i unscrews it and this was what slowing down return, hopefully itíll wear in over time. The post is pretty long, so it flexes a smigein, but not enough to be noticeable.

Post insert is really short, Iím amazed I can run such a long post slammed.

Two thumbs up!
    Guerilla Gravity Shred Dogg
    Fezzari Signal Peak (For Sale)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    I just want to say that I have a 180mm v2 one up that I use on my giant trance 29, paired with a WT remote. I also have a bikeyoke revive 185 on my megatower that utilizes their remote. For the money, I think the oneup v2 is every bit as good as the bikeyoke in practical usage.

The bikeyoke feels more expensive when using it. The operation is smoother, the feeling of the breakaway/actuation point in the remote is more buttery and easier to find for those 1/8 presses to slowly drop the post. In general, it's easier to intuitively ever so slightly actuate the remote and feather the control of the post. Overall, it just feels like a more premium product when it comes time to actuate the remote.

However, the OneUp post is noticeably firmer and has less vertical play/squish then the bikeyoke. This to me, is overall a good thing. However, it does transmit a bit more harshness through the saddle into the ole butt area. Again, I don't think this is a bad thing as it makes you in certain ways feel more connected to the bike and gives you better seat of the pants feel, but it is something to note. The overall remote feel is notchier (and yes i have used the v2 one up remote for comparison).

The bikeyoke does require fairly regular usage of the revive feature to curtail about 1/4" of sag that will develop over the course of say, 2-3 rides. Once done, it will curb that sag but there is no doubt the bikeyoke needs this feature for it's own longevity.

Overall, both great posts, but the oneup wins based on price, rebuild-ability and domestic customer support.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by minimusprime View Post
    Overall, both great posts, but the oneup wins based on price, rebuild-ability and domestic customer support.
    How is a seat post that requires the cartridge to be thrown in the bin and replaced with a new one winning on rebuild-ability?.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    How is a seat post that requires the cartridge to be thrown in the bin and replaced with a new one winning on rebuild-ability?.
    Because for 60 dollars you can carry a spare cartridge with you. If you're like me and your evoc bag sees 5-10 uses a year and you do another 5-10 weekends away at races, events or destination rides over 5 hours from home, it's a no brainer. Maybe i'm scared from ending up across the country with a borked reverb... but the oneup provides a solution to a very real problem for people like me.

If we're going to base which post to buy based on carbon footprint and sustainability... then I would advise a new hobby. We in this niche like to think we do this and it's good clean fun, but this industry is anything but good and clean. We ride highly tuned machines made that are shipped across the globe to your door, made of cutting edge materials with a shockingly short lifespan (5 years).

TLDR; thanks for your comment on my post, but I think your focus on the sustainability of seat posts isn't a significant factor in choosing the right seat post.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Does anyone know if it is possible to change the drop on a 180 to 210?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    It is not. You can drop them down cannot raise them past their max height.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieno View Post
    It is not. You can drop them down cannot raise them past their max height.
    Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

battle stag commander
    I've been regreasing more that I thought. Every once in a while my V2 180 starts feeling terrible. Unscrew the thumbscrew, grease it up, good to go. I have used slick honey (my go-to) and Kogel grease, and neither lasts more that 4-5 rides. Again, super easy to do on the fly, but seems unneseccary. Possible to run a foam ring in the future?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by planetx88 View Post
    I've been regreasing more that I thought. Every once in a while my V2 180 starts feeling terrible. Unscrew the thumbscrew, grease it up, good to go. I have used slick honey (my go-to) and Kogel grease, and neither lasts more that 4-5 rides. Again, super easy to do on the fly, but seems unneseccary. Possible to run a foam ring in the future?
    I have a Fallline 9point8 that experiences similar lubrication issues. 9point8 isn't that easy to crack open so what i do is give a quick shot before each ride with this :https://www.amazon.com/Maxima-78920-.../dp/B000WK5PWQ

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    I have a Fallline 9point8 that experiences similar lubrication issues. 9point8 isn't that easy to crack open so what i do is give a quick shot before each ride with this :https://www.amazon.com/Maxima-78920-.../dp/B000WK5PWQ
    How do you best use that stuff? I just got a can for all our suspension etc in the garage. Curious if there is a "best practice" or not. Also, how do you clean the stanchions before applying?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by svinyard View Post
    How do you best use that stuff? I just got a can for all our suspension etc in the garage. Curious if there is a "best practice" or not. Also, how do you clean the stanchions before applying?
    No fanciness here : Quick wipe w/ a paper towel then a shot of spray followed by one cycle of the dropper - done. I have been nursing my 9point8 all season long. I was instructed by 9point8 to lube the internals which is only good for a few rides only.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I haven't had that happen with my 210mm, which has been a nice so far...the extra length is incredible. What do you mean by "feels terrible"? Is its the remote feel or when pushing the post down? Just curious. What PSI are you running at?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by svinyard View Post
    I haven't had that happen with my 210mm, which has been a nice so far...the extra length is incredible. What do you mean by "feels terrible"? Is its the remote feel or when pushing the post down? Just curious. What PSI are you running at?
    This happens all the time with my V1. I was hoping the V2 has cured it. I thought the V2 was 185mm so maybe plaetx88 is referring to the v1 post?

When pushing down it just feels terrible, way to much friction, doesn't move smoothly, feels like I am fighting something. I think I have 300 psi in there (pumped it to max right when I got it - because I was also having issues with it not making it the last 1/4" up when the friction developed).

Then I have to do exactly this procedure "unscrew the thumbscrew, grease it up, good to go. I have used slick honey (my go-to) and Kogel grease, and neither lasts more that 4-5 rides."

Works again for a little bit, rinse and repeat all the time.

Good to hear that it's not universal experience with the V2.

mtbr member
    It probably wouldn't hurt to contact OneUp about this. I've only been running a V2 for several months, and it has been great the whole time. No issues at all, past the cable housing popping out of the o-ring during installation.

mtbr member
    My v1 170 is giving me serious issues and I'm about to file warranty claim on it.
    Hopefully my replacement or fix makes it last a little more than 7 months (got it earlier but didn't ride for a while).
    Even after following all the maintenance videos and making sure it's well lubricated that thing would stop at about 1-2" before full extraction and sometimes it would take like 0.5-1 second to do so.
    It was awesome for first few months thou.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Grooverider View Post
    My v1 170 is giving me serious issues and I'm about to file warranty claim on it.
    Hopefully my replacement or fix makes it last a little more than 7 months (got it earlier but didn't ride for a while).
    Even after following all the maintenance videos and making sure it's well lubricated that thing would stop at about 1-2" before full extraction and sometimes it would take like 0.5-1 second to do so.
    It was awesome for first few months thou.
    I'm sure you've checked your PSI, but if not, jump that to 280. Other than that, for sure contact OneUp support. They are great to deal with, no BS. At least try the new IGUS bushing before asking for a new post. They will prob just send you one. Its nice hard, slick plastic. Should/might get you back to what it was before. Some people had some deformation of the OG bushing

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Well I read this entire thread hoping it would answer my question. I purchased a V2 Oneup dropper for my wife's bike; really impressed with how compact the thing is. It's a great value it would seem.
    Anyways I need to reduce the travel 10 mm and watched a video. It seemed easy enough. I trimmed my shim to 10mm, tucked it in real nice, like it's down in there now and I can't see it. Used a very small allan wrench to tuck it way down, even on all sides. But I can't get the white bushing to go all of the way down so that I can screw the collar back on. Tried kind of slamming the collar down on it, tried lowering the post, raising the post. Not sure what else to do.
    Help!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Still Stinky
    I know you said you tried lowering the post, but just to make sure, the post does need to dropped about 2Ē from full extension. The way they are designed, they can over extend a small bit when the top cap is off. Making it impossible to get the bushing in and thread the top cap back on. So make sure you have it dropped about 2Ē, then try to push the bushing in and thread the top cap on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
    Well I read this entire thread hoping it would answer my question. I purchased a V2 Oneup dropper for my wife's bike; really impressed with how compact the thing is. It's a great value it would seem.
    Anyways I need to reduce the travel 10 mm and watched a video. It seemed easy enough. I trimmed my shim to 10mm, tucked it in real nice, like it's down in there now and I can't see it. Used a very small allan wrench to tuck it way down, even on all sides. But I can't get the white bushing to go all of the way down so that I can screw the collar back on. Tried kind of slamming the collar down on it, tried lowering the post, raising the post. Not sure what else to do.
    Help!
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the V2 dropper doesn't require you to cut anything to reduce travel. All you do is unscrew the collar, slide up the white bushing, install the little pin shims that come with the post, and close back up. Here are the V2 instructions: https://www.oneupcomponents.com/prod...l-shims-kit-v2.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ckeyeus View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the V2 dropper doesn't require you to cut anything to reduce travel. All you do is unscrew the collar, slide up the white bushing, install the little pin shims that come with the post, and close back up. Here are the V2 instructions: https://www.oneupcomponents.com/prod...l-shims-kit-v2.
    That's an entirely different way of doing it from what I've seen. I bought a little plastic shim kit and used those instead of the metal pins.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    It sucks that when you google 'OneUp dropper post travel reduction' you are linked to videos of the plastic shim kit being used. The seller (a major distributor that clearly had experience with the product) even described the process to me and clearly had done it before.

Communication has always been a weakness of OneUp imo.

Does anyone have any ideas for getting the plastic shim out of there? The ones I paid for and used already.

mtbr member
    It sucks that when you google 'OneUp dropper post travel reduction' you are linked to videos of the plastic shim kit being used. The seller (a major distributor that clearly had experience with the product) even described the process to me and clearly had done it before.

Communication has always been a weakness of OneUp imo.
    The white plastic shim is what's used in the V1 dropper. The V2 method is probably better, but the tiny little pins can easily be misplaced. If you still have the stuff that came with the dropper, they would have come in a bag that also contained a bit of unlabeled grease.

Still Stinky
    Does anyone have any ideas for getting the plastic shim out of there? The ones I paid for and used already.
    Follow the service instructions and you should easily be able to remove the plastic once you have it taken apart. Be careful to hang onto all the brass pins! These instructions below are for the V1. The procedure is the same but the small parts are a little different on the V2. Look at the parts diagram for more info there..

V1 service instructions:
    https://can.oneupcomponents.com/page...e-instructions

V2 parts diagram:
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...251.1571797104

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    The white plastic shim is what's used in the V1 dropper. The V2 method is probably better, but the tiny little pins can easily be misplaced. If you still have the stuff that came with the dropper, they would have come in a bag that also contained a bit of unlabeled grease.
    Yeah definitely different process. The video is right on the Posts main webpage on how to do it with a nice animation. Youtube is filled with Shim stuff tho...I think a lot of the issue there is that the Droppers are the same name so you get some cross pollination outside of OneUp's site.

Nice instructions here:
    https://www.oneupcomponents.com/prod...ropper-post-v2

Suns if you hit them up via email Corey will get back to you quick too. [email protected]

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Thanks, all straightened out. It's a heck of a nice product and value.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Has anyone tried these in Mondraker Foxy Carbon.. I have the 180mm version and have to raise it nearly 30mm higher than I need to for it to work correctly (it will easily drop that much more) - otherwise it just drops down as there is pressure on the cable... I have been waiting 2-3 weeks already for the V2 Actuator and am close to sending it back.. I don't see why I should reduce the travel when there is enough movement left in the post.. Hoping the V2 Actuator will help with this - Any thoughts??

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I have 2 Foxy's (29er for me, 27.5 SL for the wife) and they have a very sharp turn at the dropper cable.
    Just installed the Oneup V2 with the newer style cable actuator on my wife's Foxy and am able to have the dropper just 1/4" from it's lowest position (any lower and the dropper quits working).
    It's a nice product but my wife being light and not such a strong thumb does find it sticky, but bearable, with the easy leverage WolfCreek remote. I attribute the stickiness to the old 'you get what you pay for' thing. I do consider the V2 a killer value and product, it just isn't the equal of my KS Lev Ci nor should it be with the cost difference.
    Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    I have 2 Foxy's (29er for me, 27.5 SL for the wife) and they have a very sharp turn at the dropper cable.
    Just installed the Oneup V2 with the newer style cable actuator on my wife's Foxy and am able to have the dropper just 1/4" from it's lowest position (any lower and the dropper quits working).
    It's a nice product but my wife being light and not such a strong thumb does find it sticky, but bearable, with the easy leverage WolfCreek remote. I attribute the stickiness to the old 'you get what you pay for' thing. I do consider the V2 a killer value and product, it just isn't the equal of my KS Lev Ci nor should it be with the cost difference.
    Hope that helps.
    Hmm. My V2 with the standard actuator and OneUp remote is super easy to drop. I don't know if I'd chalk this up to just "you get what you pay for." It's not unrealistic to expect the dropper to work. If it doesn't I'd verify the setup or get a hold of OneUp, even if it's possible there's a compatibility issue with the frame.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Hope that helps.

Thanks for that, it sort of reassures me that I should be able to drop it and it will work fine. Just got to wait now for the new actuator. The post itself seems to work alright currently - not at all sticky, and that is with the OneUp Lever - which I will say is nowhere near as nice as the Crankbrothers one it replaced..

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Just had the v2 180mm dropper not stay up (or down either) on my R.M Slayer 2020 thats only a week old. It was below 0 degrees celcius so it might be due to cable housing freezing or something.. It works fine when I brought the bike back inside. The cable housing doesnt move very easily in this bike so maybe the v2.1 actuator would be better?

Edit: It happened again on a 30 minute ride.. The cable housing was pre installed on the bike but otherwise I had to install the post myself.. Maybe I need to take out the housing and reinstall it to maybe get a better movement space?
    Last edited by Jukis; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    The housing seems to be inside a tube inside the frame.. So maybe its the same case like in santa cruz newer frames?

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukis View Post
    Just had the v2 180mm dropper not stay up (or down either) on my R.M Slayer 2020 thats only a week old. It was below 0 degrees celcius so it might be due to cable housing freezing or something.. It works fine when I brought the bike back inside. The cable housing doesnt move very easily in this bike so maybe the v2.1 actuator would be better?

Edit: It happened again on a 30 minute ride.. The cable housing was pre installed on the bike but otherwise I had to install the post myself.. Maybe I need to take out the housing and reinstall it to maybe get a better movement space?
    I had a look at the Slayer and the Seat Tube doesn't look like it would be too obtrusive as the kink looks quite slack. The design on the Mondraker has the shock running though the seat tube and the frame is very tight where the cable runs through.
    I was limited on my old Dune also, just hoped that the OneUp would be better as it is a fair bit shorter than my old CrankBrothers Highline I had on that.
    Fingers crossed the V2 Actuator will help...

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Its not a problem with the kink being too tight, its the problem with the cable housing guiding tube (inside the frame) being too tight and coming too far(it guides the housing to come up to seat tube).

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Its not a problem with the kink being too tight, its the problem with the cable housing guiding tube (inside the frame) being too tight and coming too far(it guides the housing to come up to seat tube).
    I understand now, the cable runs inside a tube to guide it... Great in theory just not for this post. The V2 Actuator may well sort yours as well. Certainly hoping it does mine.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    i bought a v2 150 mm dropper from the european distributor (i'm in france) and i believe it came with a v1 actuator, even though all v2 31,6 were supposed to come with the 2,1 actuator. Does this move the cable or the cable housing?

How can i get the 2.1 actuator?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OneUp Dropper V2-one-up-actuator.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    i bought a v2 150 mm dropper from the european distributor (i'm in france) and i believe it came with a v1 actuator, even though all v2 31,6 were supposed to come with the 2,1 actuator. Does this move the cable or the cable housing?

How can i get the 2.1 actuator?
    That version moves the housing.

You can buy the other version straight off OneUp UK website.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Right, but on their site it says that all new posts ship with v 2.1

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Right, but on their site it says that all new posts ship with v 2.1

That was not always the case and I would not be suprised if some shops still have some old stock. That's why ordered mine directly from oneup EU store. I've had a 210mm 31.6mm version since the release and now I'm getting 210mm 30.9mm for my new bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hece View Post
    That was not always the case and I would not be suprised if some shops still have some old stock. That's why ordered mine directly from oneup EU store. I've had a 210mm 31.6mm version since the release and now I'm getting 210mm 30.9mm for my new bike.
    Yeah, but i ordered it from the one up Euro store in uk.

Hopefully someone from one up is reading this and refunds the extra money i spent

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    But why are you buying the v2.1? You shouldnt get it if you dont need it. V2 is smoother IF your cable housing isnt blocked. Which bike do you have?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    But why are you buying the v2.1? You shouldnt get it if you dont need it. V2 is smoother IF your cable housing isnt blocked. Which bike do you have?
    I have a haibike with external routing, but i can use the internal, with a zip tie.
    I'm worried that the cable housing will stick, or not move freely.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    If it goes inside the frame from behind a straight seat tube, or from the front of it, it will quite surely work very well with the 2.0. I have similar on my mondraker panzer with wolftooth sustain reverb modification.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I have a 2019 Size Large SC Bronson. I built it with a 170mm reverb B1 post. I had to use the reverb barb https://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-R...Hose-Barb-Post instead of the connectamajig as space was that tight. The reverb is now shot and I am done playing that game. Based on what I have read in this thread:

1) The 180mm drop OneUp V2 is the same 480mm length as the 170mm reverb. So this will fit in my L Bronson and then I can adjust the travel height if needed?

2) If I order the Oneup from a major US based online retailer I may or may not get the 2.1 actuator that I need for the Bronson installed on it. They may have old stock? If it doesn't come installed I will need to order one from OneUp for $20?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dba4life View Post
    I have a 2019 Size Large SC Bronson. I built it with a 170mm reverb B1 post. I had to use the reverb barb https://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-R...Hose-Barb-Post instead of the connectamajig as space was that tight. The reverb is now shot and I am done playing that game. Based on what I have read in this thread:

1) The 180mm drop OneUp V2 is the same 480mm length as the 170mm reverb. So this will fit in my L Bronson and then I can adjust the travel height if needed?

2) If I order the Oneup from a major US based online retailer I may or may not get the 2.1 actuator that I need for the Bronson installed on it. They may have old stock? If it doesn't come installed I will need to order one from OneUp for $20?

Thanks
    Do you not get the option of choosing to have the V2 actuator with it? Itís an option on UK sites, I just never thought Iíd need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Thanks
    1) Most likely. Measure the stack of the Reverb and compare to the OneUp to be sure. My KS 150mm post had an almost identical stack to the 180mm OneUp.
    2) It probably wouldn't hurt to check with the vendor you're buying from or directly from OneUp to confirm the actuator. Otherwise, you'd need to get the 2.1 from someone, wouldn't necessarily have to be OneUp.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Yeah, but i ordered it from the one up Euro store in uk.

Hopefully someone from one up is reading this and refunds the extra money i spent
    I just received a new 30.9 210mm v2 dropper from One Up UK store. It also has v2 actuator Well, I think my new frame should not have any problems with the moving housing so this should be fine.

On my other bike I have a 31.6 210mm v2 with v2.1 and indeed it is not very smooth to actuate even with Wolftooth light action lever. I never tried it with v2 actuator.

mtbr member
    The OneUp V2 180mm is 480mm including the actuator. The 170mm Reverb is 480mm not including any type of connector

We have been selling most sizes with the V2.1 actuator installed for about a month. To be safe you would have to order direct from www.oneupcomponents.com to ensure that you be the updated design.

I hope that helps,
    Jon @ OneUp

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OneUp View Post
    The OneUp V2 180mm is 480mm including the actuator. The 170mm Reverb is 480mm not including any type of connector

We have been selling most sizes with the V2.1 actuator installed for about a month. To be safe you would have to order direct from www.oneupcomponents.com to ensure that you be the updated design.

I hope that helps,
    Jon @ OneUp

Thanks Jon

Can you confirm this is the 2.1 actuator? It looks like it from your website pictures, but the retailer told me they were still selling the 2.0 actuator.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OneUp Dropper V2-actuator.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Thanks Jon

Can you confirm this is the 2.1 actuator? It looks like it from your website pictures, but the retailer told me they were still selling the 2.0 actuator.
    Thatís the new one

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Thanks Jon

That is the 2.1 actuator.

I sent email to One Up Uk and they quickly sent the v2.1 which my dropper should have had shipped with.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianShep View Post
    Thatís the new one

Cool. I had contacted Backcountry and they told me they were still shipping the 2.0 version. And I got the 2.1 version lol. And I will have an extra one when OneUp ships me the one ordered from them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Cool. I had contacted Backcountry and they told me they were still shipping the 2.0 version. And I got the 2.1 version lol. And I will have an extra one when OneUp ships me the one ordered from them.
    Does anyone know if the Actuator is in UK stock?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    V2.1 is in uk, i just got over from them

mtbr member
    May 2018
    I received my 210mm dropper post 3 weeks ago and just noticed that the site that I bought if from now offers 2020 model with "improved adjustment"(mentioned on the site). Same price. Is this only the new 2.1 actuator? In what way is it better than 2.0?

Also, I notice a little bit of "sinking" with the post. It is around 2-3mm, so it is not excessive. To be honest, I don't notice it while riding. I notice it while I am off the bike and lean on the post. Is this a warranty issue? Does it usually get progressively worse over time? Previews brand-x post didn't have this, even after two years of riding. It was 100% sink free.

Currently I am running it in full 210mm configuration. 210mm drop is great, but maybe I don't need full 210 drop. If I lower it to 200mm or even 190mm, would I notice any better durability, because torque on the bushings would be reduced? FYI I am not that heavy (72kg naked) and real seat tub angle is 71į, so not too slack.

thank you

Still Stinky
    Quote Originally Posted by s-master View Post
    Also, I notice a little bit of "sinking" with the post. It is around 2-3mm, so it is not excessive. To be honest, I don't notice it while riding. I notice it while I am off the bike and lean on the post. Is this a warranty issue? Does it usually get progressively worse over time? Previews brand-x post didn't have this, even after two years of riding. It was 100% sink free.
    Out of curiosity, are you on a hard tail or full suspension? I noticed sinking in my 180 V2. I also had a bit of a bounce in it when I hit bumps or rock gardens while climbing in the sitting position. I am on a 2017 Santa Cruz Chameleon hard tail. I sent my first post back for warranty and the second post was the same. 2-3mm sag when weighted, another 4-5 mm of travel with hard hits while sitting. Total of 5-7mm of movement. OneUp has been super cool. They didnít find anything wrong with my first post. So Iím just riding this one. It seems nobody else is having this problem.. Iím heavy though.. 110 kg with gear on.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Hey,
    I am on full suspension bike. Most of the bumps are absorbed by the suspension, so force on the post while riding is not that high. This might be the reason for me not noticing it while riding.

I might as well just ride it than, and if it gets worse, I will warranty it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Im considering the oneup v2 210mm post. A crucial aspect for my bikefit is the ammount the saddle can be tilted downwards (to the front). Can anybody measure and tell me how much this can be done?

The bolts of my current fox transfer already contact the clamps and i actually need a tad more tilt. One of the bolts already snapped because of this.

Tnx in advance!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I now have the OneUp v2 installed on my 19 Bronson with the 2.1 actuator and it is working very well.

After living years with reverbs where I did not lift them up when lowered, is that necessary with the OneUp? Any other practices to avoid with this post to ensure maximum longevity?

The only service I can find is to remove the collar and re-grease. Is there an recommended interval for doing that?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I bought a150 mm dropper from uk, came with the old actuator. I ordered then the v2.1 actuator, and my mechanic said that when he installed it, it causes air to leak .

Anyone understands what the problem is?

He thinks the old actuator will work fine

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    I bought a150 mm dropper from uk, came with the old actuator. I ordered then the v2.1 actuator, and my mechanic said that when he installed it, it causes air to leak .

Anyone understands what the problem is?

He thinks the old actuator will work fine

I didnít think this was a sealed part.
    How long did it take you to get the actuator Iím still waiting for mine and where did you order from?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12