Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member

OneUp dropper post

damned rocks...
    I like the remote, it looks very clean and functional.
    And it's cheaper than the big PoS from Fox that costs almost the double.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Looks good. I'd want to see a few reviews ideally long term though.

If the lever is any good might buy that to swap out my awful brand-x lever .

Out spokin'
    Two hundred bucks -- cool. Good lookin' head & lever -- cool. Somebody get some time on this thing and report, please.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    It looks nice and it's VERY compact, and light, but I want to know what is going on inside. I was pretty set on a Revive but this is interesting.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crimedog View Post
    but I want to know what is going on inside.

Exactly. Info seems lacking. Internal parts diagram or an install video from them would have been nice. Anything to further explain the operation basically. Is it air charged? Gas charged (like Giant) or spring loaded? They really failed with the info on this release IMO.

Oh, and the shims aren't available for another month. LULZ.
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Ordered one earlier to replace my 1st gen reverb stealth 150.
    Been thinking about switching to the 170mm reverb but it was a little tricky, this one however shouldn't be a problem.

It looks perfect on paper. But then again, they all do!
    @ 209 euro with the matchmaker remote it's probably the cheapest 170mm dropper right now.
    One thing I haven't figured out is, how many points of engagement does it come with?
    To me it is no biggie though, which is why I just went ahead.

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    we need details. going to check it out on Thursday.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

Just A Mountain Biker.

additional thoughts

Stunning lack of details and press coverage on this thing. Priced right, big claims, no info on what it is from an internal workings perspective.

I also find it really interesting on their "dropper comparison chart" that the Crank Brothers Highline isn't listed. Wonder if this is some kind of collaboration using their internal cartridge technology, but with a different remote (as well as some styling changes). Would make sense if they agreed not to go after each other's business, as literally every other competitive brand post I can think of is listed. Not sure how Crank Brothers sales have been on those Highlines since everyone is scared off by their previous dropper offerings. Also not sure how the shim plays into it.

Just supposing because I am bored and there is no info out on the post yet other than the email I received this morning.
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    Stunning lack of details and press coverage on this thing. Priced right, big claims, no info on what it is from an internal workings perspective.

I also find it really interesting on their "dropper comparison chart" that the Crank Brothers Highline isn't listed. Wonder if this is some kind of collaboration using their internal cartridge technology, but with a different remote (as well as some styling changes). Would make sense if they agreed not to go after each other's business, as literally every other competitive brand post I can think of is listed. Not sure how Crank Brothers sales have been on those Highlines since everyone is scared off by their previous dropper offerings. Also not sure how the shim plays into it.

Just supposing because I am bored and there is no info out on the post yet other than the email I received this morning.
    It's only been announced to dealers so far. LBS has ordered one.

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    It's only been announced to dealers so far.
    and anyone on their email list...

mtbr member
    Email response I got:

Hey Scott a full press release will be going out soon with more info. We use a sealed cartridge that can be replaced if necessary. This will retail for $80 and be available in a month.

Cheers,
    Chris
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

damned rocks...
    Apparently it uses a replaceable cartridge, so not on my list.
    Not been able to fully service it at home is what made me get a Revive, over the Transfer.
    Last edited by Aglo; 04-18-2018 at 03:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Remote looks interesting, cool to see them doing something slightly different there and probably an improvement (like most everything else they do!). I ordered the remote... to try with my Revive.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Bummer, was hoping for a mechanical brake / mechanical pressure seatpost. Price is good, but it actually costs $250 if you buy it with a remote. That puts it on par with a lot of other stuff at this point.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Porch View Post
    Bummer, was hoping for a mechanical brake / mechanical pressure seatpost. Price is good, but it actually costs $250 if you buy it with a remote. That puts it on par with a lot of other stuff at this point.
    I already have a remote, but I agree. Brand X and Giant make some great posts for less than 200$ that include the remote. I have one of each and can't seem to kill either one. No matter how cold or muddy it gets they keep truckin.

mtbr member
    fc i believe has been testing one so a review is coming soon i would think. They will be at Sea Otter this week!

mtbr member
    Nobody else likes the adjustable travel? To me that is huge! That opens up a lot of doors for people that are just under a 150mm dropper but dont want to have to drop down to a 125mm.

That is the number one thing that caught my eye!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Pierce View Post
    Nobody else likes the adjustable travel? To me that is huge! That opens up a lot of doors for people that are just under a 150mm dropper but dont want to have to drop down to a 125mm.

yeah, to my knowledge 9point8 was the only adjustable travel dropper until now.
    2017 yeti sb6c turq x01 eagle

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Yeah?? What do you thinkl?

IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    That looks great, will try to get a 170 one and see how that fits compared to the current 125 brand-x (that has quite a bit of seat tube showing).

mtbr member
    Thanks FC! Infinite adjustment, 170mm, shimmed height adjustment and gas charged are all pluses for me. Next time a dropper dies on me this may very well be on the short list.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Porch View Post
    There are currently no other droppers at this price point with adjustable travel (and travel longer than 150)

mtbr member
    I gotta have one....

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Pierce View Post

I agree 100%. The ability to tune this to your needs is brilliant. I believe I can get away with a 155 or 160mm drop. That is awesome. Itís light, affordable, nice remote. I donít care about the replaceable cartridge - Iíd prefer to service it myself but all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --------------------------
    Rokworth.com
    MTB Reviews & Tests - for the love of writing and riding

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    Iíve been looking for a good excuse to replace my 125mm Reverb (with the new 1x remote which makes it quite good). This is it. I will be ordering one.

Rokworth.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Looks like I found a match! I want to get one. Does Wolf tooth work with it?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    My wife is very excited at the prospect of a 150mm dropper!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KGAmoto View Post
    I agree 100%. The ability to tune this to your needs is brilliant. I believe I can get away with a 155 or 160mm drop. That is awesome. Itís light, affordable, nice remote. I donít care about the replaceable cartridge - Iíd prefer to service it myself but all good.

If itís anything like the Giant post, the cartridge is easily replaced by the end user.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleStyle87 View Post
    Does Wolf tooth work with it?
    Head at the post and loose cable end at the remote type design. So yes!

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    A rep from OneUp has been active in the comments section of the Pinkbike article on this and has been answering questions on how it works, etc. there.

mtbr member
    The shim mechanism is genius. Wish they made one in a 185 drop with 34.9 diameter! Was going to get the Revive in that size but it's like 5mm too long for my setup, NEED MOAR SHIMZ!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    The shim mechanism is genius. Wish they made one in a 185 drop with 34.9 diameter! Was going to get the Revive in that size but it's like 5mm too long for my setup, NEED MOAR SHIMZ!
    Apparently the Revive can be travel adjusted with a spacer, it's just a bit more complicated to do it. Maybe BikeYoke will address this?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglo View Post
    Apparently it uses a replaceable cartridge, so not on my list.
    Not been able to fully service it at home is what made me get a Revive, over the Transfer.
    Sorry for the delay in getting on here. Couldn't comment before the official release and PB comment section goes mental

Yes, The cartridge is a user replaceable, sealed gas/hydraulic unit. warranty on the unit is 2 years. Replacement cost after warranty is $80.

Cheers,
    Jon @ OneUp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleStyle87 View Post
    Looks like I found a match! I want to get one. Does Wolf tooth work with it?
    Yes it does but we feel our new remote is the best in the business. That said, if you have a WT it's a great product too.

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OneUp View Post
    Sorry for the delay in getting on here. Couldn't comment before the official release and PB comment section goes mental

Yes, The cartridge is a user replaceable, sealed gas/hydraulic unit. warranty on the unit is 2 years. Replacement cost after warranty is $80.

Cheers,
    Jon @ OneUp
    Looks like youíve made a great product - canít wait to get mine. Nice work.

Rokworth.com

mtbr member

No relation to Crank Bros but I added them to the chart. I think we now have all the details up. Let me know if we're missing something.

Cheers,
    Jon @ OneUp

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Are these shipping now?

mtbr member
    Are these shipping now?
    Everything except the shims which are delayed until May 14th.

Cheers,
    Jon @ OneUp

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkerfiveo View Post
    Oh, and the shims aren't available for another month. LULZ.
    So you expect to buy one, shim and then move it to another bike requiring a new shim all in a month?
    Tallboy 3.1
    OG Ripley v2

mtbr member
    Will these be available at Sea otter, specifically the 30.9 170mm?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    Will these be available at Sea otter, specifically the 30.9 170mm?
    We won't have anything available for sale at SO except T's

mtbr member
    I was thinking that was the case, thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Yes it does but we feel our new remote is the best in the business. That said, if you have a WT it's a great product too.
    Ok thank you I will add with your remote. Already have the pedals. Great product. Excited to try the dropper.

mtbr member
    I wonder if the 150mm will fit a Stumpjumper? I've got a short inseam...and the SJ has a kinked seat tube.

From the kink in the seat tube to the top of the seat collar is about 10.5 inches. Then another inch from the top of the seat collar to the base of the Command Post collar. I want to ditch the CP.

I really like the aesthetics of the post too. Other posts in this price range have some bulky collars and post heads. The OU post is so svelte looking.

Bummer they're not selling posts at SO. I'll be there on Saturday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    So you expect to buy one, shim and then move it to another bike requiring a new shim all in a month?
    The website literally says the shims are available separately. Assuming this is not a misprint and the post actually comes with a shim, your sarcastic point would be valid. But the product page essentially says you buy the post, then in a month you can shim it.

SPECS

Drop 170mm or 150mm infinitely adjustable.

Diameter 30.9 or 31.6

Routing Internal only

Travel Reducing Shim Reduces travel by up to 50mm. Available separately.

EAT MORE GRIME
    this dropper post is brilliant

does what others do and more, at half the price

my 400 dollar DVO garnet is not as practical as the OneUp.

(I do like my Revive though)
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The website literally says the shims are available separately. Assuming this is not a misprint and the post actually comes with a shim, your sarcastic point would be valid. But the product page essentially says you buy the post, then in a month you can shim it.
    My mistake. Honestly would never have thought you'd need to buy it separately unless you're replacing it.

IMHO pretty petty money grab. If that is your big marketing plus to your post it should be in the box.

if it's shimable, it should come with it
    Tallboy 3.1
    OG Ripley v2

Out spokin'
    If that is your big marketing plus to your post it should be in the box.

Agree 100%. Ideally the post would arrive with a shim in the box. Are we certain it doesn't?
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    My mistake. Honestly would never have thought you'd need to buy it separately unless you're replacing it.

IMHO pretty petty money grab. If that is your big marketing plus to your post it should be in the box.

Agree 100% on all points. Hence, my "LULZ" at their nickel and dime business practice and 1 month wait for anyone who overlooked that lil tidbit on the product page thinking they could order their post and shim/tune the day it shows up.

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    Agree 100% on all points. Hence, my "LULZ" at their nickel and dime business practice and 1 month wait for anyone who overlooked that lil tidbit on the product page thinking they could order their post and shim/tune the day it shows up.
    I think itís safe to assume they would have preferred to have the shims available right now along with the post. Dealing with overseas production is tough - Iím sure they needed to launch the post at Sea Otter to meet deadlines and just has to deal with the downside.

But I do agree that including a .50 shim in the box would have added even-more value to this. I bet that was a tough decision to make.

Rokworth.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    Agree 100%. Ideally the post would arrive with a shim in the box. Are we certain it doesn't?
    =sParty
    *NOTE: Shim sold separately

Yeah, that's a silly move for what is obviously the cheapest part of the post.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KGAmoto View Post
    I think itís safe to assume they would have preferred to have the shims available right now along with the post. Dealing with overseas production is tough - Iím sure they needed to launch the post at Sea Otter to meet deadlines and just has to deal with the downside.

But I do agree that including a .50 shim in the box would have added even-more value to this. I bet that was a tough decision to make.

Simple solution that could be posted on the web: We'll be sending out free shims to those that buy now and will be included in future purchases once they arrive.

So now it'll be $10 fo a $1 piece of plastic, and like every other small part you buy $8 shipping.
    Tallboy 3.1
    OG Ripley v2

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    Simple solution that could be posted on the web, we'll be sending out free shims to those that buy now.

So now it'll be $10 fo a $1 piece of plastic, and like every other small part you buy $8 shipping.
    Yep that would be a great idea on their behalf. Iíve heard they have great service as-is; this would take it up another notch.

Rokworth.com

mtbr member
    Simple solution that could be posted on the web: We'll be sending out free shims to those that buy now and will be included in future purchases once they arrive.

well said!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    WAG time- The design of the keyways that allows for the shim was always part of the design, but they were just intended to be regular keyways, maybe the lower bushing engages them. And then someone had the bright idea about the travel adjust shim late in the game and they didn't have time to get them produced for release.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Damn, I literally bought a Fox Transfer + Wolftooth Remote like 2 weeks ago and getting it (and other things) installed at the LBS this week.

Looks like I could have gotten the 170mm OneUp instead and saved myself about $40 (along with getting a better warranty + user serviceability).

Oh well

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    ok so this came out just as i was about to "drop" another post in my basket, took a chance.
    installed it last night but one thing that is a bit perplexing, the post side connection? there is a brass sleeve that slides off with a little rubber o-ring on it, it appears you slide it off, insert the cable (the cable stopper thingie side) and rotate it 180 to keep the cable from popping out. am i missing something, whats to stop that thing from sliding off from a big hit or bit of severe rattling?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Everything except the shims which are delayed until May 14th.

Cheers,
    Jon @ OneUp
    Thanks so much for this product. Now our young middleschool/highschool team can afford droppers. The best part is that since the travel is adjustable, it can fit a variety of riders/bikes which is something that was just out of reach financially before. And I love the replaceable cartridge and the price is great.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Does one need the Oneup cable---I want to use my KS trigger and cable if possible to save some coin

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pctloper View Post
    Does one need the Oneup cable---I want to use my KS trigger and cable if possible to save some coin
    I just used an old spare housing and shiftrr cable

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Hows the remote so far (if anyone is using one yet)? Saw a review talking about how the remote is a little difficult to use. Not sure how it compares but wondering if there something "amazing" that is a better option since its sold separately (a nice thing).

Also, anyone know how much weight it takes to drop the post down? I have a 6yo who is definitely in need of a dropper this year. He is on the MTB training team and I'd hate to see him jacking around with his seat when they do the downhill runs. Not sure if he can effectively use the quick release on the alum seat post.

Problem is that he only weighs like 55lbs, not sure if he's heavy enough to actually compress it. Doesn't feel like a waste of money (as much) since the post can grow with him via the shims.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by svinyard View Post
    Hows the remote so far (if anyone is using one yet)? Saw a review talking about how the remote is a little difficult to use. Not sure how it compares but wondering if there something "amazing" that is a better option since its sold separately (a nice thing).

Also, anyone know how much weight it takes to drop the post down? I have a 6yo who is definitely in need of a dropper this year. He is on the MTB training team and I'd hate to see him jacking around with his seat when they do the downhill runs. Not sure if he can effectively use the quick release on the alum seat post.

Problem is that he only weighs like 55lbs, not sure if he's heavy enough to actually compress it. Doesn't feel like a waste of money (as much) since the post can grow with him via the shims.
    It takes a lot for me to say this because I absolutely hate the company, but it's the last thing of theirs I have on my bike because it works.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/co...=220517-133087
    Tallboy 3.1
    OG Ripley v2

mtbr member
    It takes a lot for me to say this because I absolutely hate the company, but it's the last thing of theirs I have on my bike because it works.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/co...=220517-133087
    Wolftooth also now makes an ultra light lever so I don't think there would be any issue with the effort it takes to pull the lever.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Cable----note if you buy the dropper you do not get the cable.

I am using my KS above the bar remote as my bike is 2X. Wirh this the cable barrel goes in the remote---with Oneup it goes in the post so a standard cable does not work.

I managed to hack a solution but not what I want. You need some type of barrel on the non barrel end to make this work----

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

mtbr member
    So that can works with the Spesh remote?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    So that can works with the Spesh remote?
    Iíll have to find the part for you. Itís posted in the long Fox Transfer post. Itís a KS part I believe. Itís not what was posted above.
    Tallboy 3.1
    OG Ripley v2

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    RS VY6--yes this is what I did but it is hooky as it then tends to be in the way when you use the remote---but works and saves 50 bucks----I mean 50 bucks for a remote---someone is making bank and it is not us.

Rocks belong
    Surprised how many people are getting caught up on a remote.

My dropper's remote is an old X9 front shifter converted for dropper use. Ergonomics are excellent!
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Got and installed mine yesterday - went from a 120 BrandX with about 46mm of stanchion sticking to a 170 OneUp, fits perfectly.

However, I found out that it is incredibly sensitive to seat post collar torque - mine doesn't extend fully unless the torque is absolutely correct, and I am having some trouble of getting the sweet spot where I can't rotate the seatpost by hand and it extends fully.

Anyone else seeing this?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    No
    http://forums.mtbr.com/components/fo...1014388-3.html
    go to post #118 and 119 that's what I'm using and it works great.

The smaller radius on that part actually fits right into the hole on the Specialized lever.
    Tallboy 3.1
    OG Ripley v2

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Higs View Post
    Got and installed mine yesterday - went from a 120 BrandX with about 46mm of stanchion sticking to a 170 OneUp, fits perfectly.

However, I found out that it is incredibly sensitive to seat post collar torque - mine doesn't extend fully unless the torque is absolutely correct, and I am having some trouble of getting the sweet spot where I can't rotate the seatpost by hand and it extends fully.

Anyone else seeing this?
    This is a huge failing point of many dropper posts. The fact that you can't have the bolt more than hand-tightened is ridiculous on many posts. This is one of those areas of a bike that WILL see new standards, because the old way of doing things is not sufficient. Worked fine for non-dropper posts, but with droppers, this never seems to work out. It eventually helps to wear down the post and then it stops returning. Many of these work ok when new, but this becomes the failure point and having to run the thing so loose that it shifts all over the place or will collapse on a hard impact is not acceptable.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Throw some carbon paste at it, though it will mar the alu up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Anyone else get theirs and have some initial thoughts about the quality?

I have a Fox transfer that's still in the box and I'm debating on returning it and getting this one instead.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmos312 View Post
    Anyone else get theirs and have some initial thoughts about the quality?

I have a Fox transfer that's still in the box and I'm debating on returning it and getting this one instead.
    I have held off because I am tired of being the R&D department for these small companies.

My Reverb is back at Squish Dynamics AGAIN to see if he can figure out the slow return AGAIN. If anyone can fix it, it's Andrew - he's amazing. I'm going to see how it turns out, but if it still sucks I am just going to grab a Manic or Highline and use one of those, until OneUp gets some real consumer reviews.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Rode with my new oneup today----worked just as it should--no issues --but then again only one ride.

But the KS post I removed was totally corroded. All the coating was gone which is why the thing stuck in my Pivot frame.

Hoping for a better experience---good so far.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Higs View Post

Anyone else seeing this?
    Just got mine installed and it did not have this problem. I can't wait to get back on trail with dropper. This will be the first time on my new bike due to different seatpost tube diameters. The only thing it does so far that I don't like is there is an occassional small squeak when lightly pressing on the remote for a slow return. I can only compare it to a Reverb but the OneUp is smoother and easier to actuate. I also enjoy the 170mm vs 125mm. Currently I have a Transfer remote running it as well. I'll move to the OneUp remote most likely.

I have used a Transfer in a parking lot test, it also seemed much better than a Reverb. Going by my limited experience with both I would say they are equal in function. OneUp's warranty is double, comes in 170 and has adjustable travel. I spoke with the OneUp guys a long time at Sea Otter. The rep stated they cartridge they use is a widely used unit appearing is about 80% of similar products to quote him. After our lengthy conversation I decided on going with OneUp.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015

Cheers,
    Jon @ OneUp
    For international buyers, what's the warranty procedure? Am I going to have to ship the post back at my considerable expense and wait several weeks to recieve the new cartridge? Or is it just send some photos/videos and recieve a new cartridge in the mail?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imho4ep View Post
    ok so this came out just as i was about to "drop" another post in my basket, took a chance.
    installed it last night but one thing that is a bit perplexing, the post side connection? there is a brass sleeve that slides off with a little rubber o-ring on it, it appears you slide it off, insert the cable (the cable stopper thingie side) and rotate it 180 to keep the cable from popping out. am i missing something, whats to stop that thing from sliding off from a big hit or bit of severe rattling?
    You need to keep the slide in place and insert the cable nipple from the side. The housing ferrule will them slide into the bottom of the slide. We're working on a video. Sorry for the delay...

Quote Originally Posted by pctloper View Post
    Any remote with the cable nipple at the post end will work.

Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    For international buyers, what's the warranty procedure? Am I going to have to ship the post back at my considerable expense and wait several weeks to recieve the new cartridge? Or is it just send some photos/videos and recieve a new cartridge in the mail?
    We have warehouses in the UK, US and Canada. If the issue is obvious via photo/video we'll typically dispatch a replacement part and an RA. Once you receive the new part you will just send back the old one. We aim to limit downtime when possible.

mtbr member
    I received mine this week having ordered within 2 mins of receiving the email, it was just too good a price and looked too tempting not to order it there and then!

Looking forward to running it on my Pivot Les, a bike I never once thought I'd be able to run a 170mm dropper on, but the measurements work out, just have to work out the route to go through the frame now...

Norūwegr
    Is the clamp for the cable on the dropper or on the lever? Trying to figure out wether or not I'd need to buy a remote or use my existing one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    We have warehouses in the UK, US and Canada. If the issue is obvious via photo/video we'll typically dispatch a replacement part and an RA. Once you receive the new part you will just send back the old one. We aim to limit downtime when possible.
    Well I'm in Australia so I guess considering no dropper post is ever infallible I'll stick to something I can repair myself.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Is the clamp for the cable on the dropper or on the lever? Trying to figure out wether or not I'd need to buy a remote or use my existing one.
    Cable barrel is on the post actuator. Bare cable end at the lever. You need a lever that can clamp a bare cable end.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Cable ball end is at the post. Clamp is at the lever. Just like a Wolftooth remote.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    Well I'm in Australia so I guess considering no dropper post is ever infallible I'll stick to something I can repair myself.
    We also stock with MTBdirect in Aus. They will be carrying service parts. A cartridge swap is about as easy as it gets (and covered for 2 years).

Jon @ OneUp

mtbr member
    Just fitted mine this afternoon. Very impressed so far...

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    Just fitted mine this afternoon. Very impressed so far...

Cool! Hows the lever? That is the only thing I've heard mixed reviews of...though it seems like almost all dropper levers are a bit goofy in their action.

mtbr member
    Cool! Hows the lever? That is the only thing I've heard mixed reviews of...though it seems like almost all dropper levers are a bit goofy in their action.
    Well I can compare it to the Fox Transfer (not a great lever but never a big issue for me) which I swapped out for a Wolftooth Remote which is as good as everyone says. I have the latest Reverb lever on another bike which is fantastic, a massive improvement over the previous button.

The OneUp lever is nice enough, looks and feels great, has a light enough push. But I suppose it's nearest rival is the Wolftooth Remote, which it doesn't feel as high a quality as. I can't see it being an issue though but there is a little slack in the levers' return to position, a bit of play.

As long as the dropper works well over the course of it's life then I see no reason to buy another kind, the action is perfect and it's definitely a quality item. So much easier to fit than a Reverb, lighter and with a lower profile in the frame. One thing worth noting is that it actually only has 165mm of travel compared to the advertised 170mm. I'm not the only person that has found this to be true but then again I'm not one to quibble over 5mm either...

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Great, thanks man. The lever is nice and close to the Wolftooth. Weird that isn't a full 170mm. I wonder if there is some stock shim or something in there preventing the full 170?

mtbr member
    Great, thanks man. The lever is nice and close to the Wolftooth. Weird that isn't a full 170mm. I wonder if there is some stock shim or something in there preventing the full 170?
    Hey, no problem!

Yeah I was wondering the same, hopefully One Up might be able to chime in...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    I can't see it being an issue though but there is a little slack in the levers' return to position, a bit of play..
    Im assuming you tried tightening the barrel adjuster to remove the play?

mtbr member

OneUp dropper post

Quote Originally Posted by Imho4ep View Post
    Im assuming you tried tightening the barrel adjuster to remove the play?
    Yes but when I say play, itís hard to describe what I mean.

So basically, when youíve pressed the lever, it comes back but not fluidly, thereís a pause before snapping back lightly into position. Itís not a problem or a fault though, itís just how it is.
    Last edited by Just J; 04-30-2018 at 02:37 PM.

ultra member
    OneUp, is the internal cartridge rebuildable at all? KS claims that theirs is not but I have rebuilt mine twice. Once the two year warranty us up would it be possible to pull the cartridge apart to re-bleed it? Throwing away an entire cartridge seems like a huge waste when the post eventually develops some sag.
    Somersaults... that's how I roll.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by briantortilla View Post
    OneUp, is the internal cartridge rebuildable at all? KS claims that theirs is not but I have rebuilt mine twice. Once the two year warranty us up would it be possible to pull the cartridge apart to re-bleed it? Throwing away an entire cartridge seems like a huge waste when the post eventually develops some sag.
    From the literature the cartridge is replaceable at $80. Or did you mean instead of replacing the cartridge and rebuilding it instead? That I don't know.

ultra member
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    From the literature the cartridge is replaceable at $80. Or did you mean instead of replacing the cartridge and rebuilding it instead? That I don't know.
    I said rebuildable for a reason.

mtbr member
    I said rebuildable for a reason.
    Buy one and let us know.

ultra member
    My god you people are dense. My question is clearly addressed to the OneUp rep who has been posting on this thread.

mtbr member
    My god you people are dense. My question is clearly addressed to the OneUp rep who has been posting on this thread.
    Someone is having a bad day.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nah, not dense. Just trolling because you are acting like a dick.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast