Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ultra member
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Pierce View Post
    Someone is having a bad day.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
    Bad day indeed. I just want a user serviceable post. Throwing away a sagging cartridge because it is out of warranty seems like a waste. 2 years is a descent warranty on the cartridge, but all IFP designs eventually ingest air and need a re-bleed. I was considering the Bike Yoke Revive, but the OneUp is considerably less expensive.
    Somersaults... that's how I roll.

mtbr member
    Whatcha got under the saddle? A Tubolito and some kind of pump? Ever had to use the Tubolito? I've been trying to find the Tubolito for months without success.

Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    Just fitted mine this afternoon. Very impressed so far...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal-Rider View Post
    Whatcha got under the saddle? A Tubolito and some kind of pump? Ever had to use the Tubolito? I've been trying to find the Tubolito for months without success.
    Yeah itís a Tubolito S-Tubo lightweight tube, never had to use it yet (knock on wood!) but I havenít had to use an inner tube on a mountain bike for a long long time, mainly thanks to the black thing you see there which is a Dynaplug Racer tyre repair plug thingymagig.

You can buy Tubolito tubes online but if you canít find them you could approach them directly like I did. I carry their tubes on all my bikes nowadays.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by OneUp View Post
    We also stock with MTBdirect in Aus. They will be carrying service parts. A cartridge swap is about as easy as it gets (and covered for 2 years).

Jon @ OneUp
    Well in that case if the cartridge is really only $80 US then I may consider it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    Well in that case if the cartridge is really only $80 US then I may consider it.
    Ya I mean these guys are basically saying here for $200 you'll have a working post for two years. After that, it may possibly could be another $80 for another couple of years of shreddin. Compared to what, $350 for pretty much any other post? Win.

What's there to complain about?

Mounting mine up on Thursday when my frame delivers. Only thing that is worrying me is not having that shim yet....gonna be tight!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithified View Post
    Ya I mean these guys are basically saying here for $200 you'll have a working post for two years. After that, it may possibly could be another $80 for another couple of years of shreddin. Compared to what, $350 for pretty much any other post? Win.

What's there to complain about?

Mounting mine up on Thursday when my frame delivers. Only thing that is worrying me is not having that shim yet....gonna be tight!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Agreed! Now if I could just convince my ex to buy me one with that large child support payment

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

n00b
    Seriously considering this post over the Bikeyoke, only because of the price.
    Buddy of mine should have his delivered today.
    Not many reviews up yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    Looks like the posts are on back order now. If they are selling that fast, there will undoubtedly be some reviews soon.
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Fixed my clamping issues with just using a different clamp for now, stoked

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I have 3 rides on the new post and it has been perfect----no complaints. Running 150 in my Pivot 429T---a 170 would fit that bike .

Anytime. Anywhere.
    For those who have em, how do they feel? My Revive is super smooth with a light lever feel.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    For those who have em, how do they feel? My Revive is super smooth with a light lever feel.
    Iíd say mine feels super smooth with a light lever feel.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    We have some in the shop and I'm looking forward to trying one out.

mtbr member
    We have some in the shop and I'm looking forward to trying one out.
    Honestly itís at least as nice to use as a Transfer and so much better than the Transferís standard lever.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Tried several BrandX/TranzX/Reverbs before. So far it seems absolutely solid, motion is smooth and fast, no side-to-side wiggle. Mine is quite sensitive to clamp torque (170mm slammed to collar).

The lever is a bit less smooth and has less travel overall than the Easton Alt+Shift I used before, but is hidden away below the brake better. No complaints there, not ever worth comparing with most other supplied levers.

The kicker is the price though. I paid 202eur for the whole package (170mm dropper and separate clamp lever). That is on par or even lower than a Ascend XL, while the post itself looks to be much higher quality and easier to operate and install.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Bolted mine up to a new build today. Pairing it with a Wolftooth Remote. Thankfully my math wasn't as bad as I thought and not only did the full 170 fit (Large 2018 Banshee Prime) but I had about 10mm to play with. So OneUp I am no longer mad at you for not having a small little plastic part available for shipping with the post. But it's still ridiculous

Very easy set up though. This thing took about 4oz of brain power to install. Very nice. Shakedown ride on the new bike tonight.

EDIT: Had several things I stopped to adjust tonight but this seatpost wasn't one of them. Smooth action with the wolftooth (a very definite "ok it's engaged" feel), no rotational movement like my LEVs have had, good return with the stock air pressure (didn't even check this) and most of all NOT ONE CREAK at the saddle.

Last edited by Lithified; 05-02-2018 at 06:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Had some emails with OneUp and install and service videos should be up in 2-3 weeks. Planning a new bike at the end of the year and this post is on my short list. Typically prefer posts I can rebuild all of the internals but if the cartridge is reliable then for the cost of this compared to a Bike Yoke I wonít mind!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I'm looking to get a dropper on the cheap. This has definitely caught my eye. It's this or a Brand X XL dropper.

Brand X is $173 and comes with everything needed. Oneup is $250 with the remote, but doesn't come with all the cables, nuts etc. About how much more money to get everything I need?

Both have two year warranties. Oneup has 20mm (or maybe 15mm) more drop, which isn't a big deal to me. I think 150mm will be enough. Oneup has nicer lever. I won't need the shim feature, but it is nice to have as a future option.

I'm not sure if the Oneup is worth the extra money. Decisions, decisions.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    Oneup is $250 with the remote, but doesn't come with all the cables, nuts etc.
    Not sure where you got the idea about lacking cables - mine had everything included with it (having ordered dropper+remote), didn't have to use any extras.

Personally I've moved from a BrandX(non XL) with a different remote to OneUp and am happy with it. Keep in mid that the remote that comes with BX is incredibly basic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I watched an unboxing and installation video and he starts off by saying he had to go back to the bike store to get cables since it didn't come with any. And on Jenson under in the box it only lists seatpost and manual.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Looks like all the cables come with the remote on Jenson.

mtbr member
    Mine came with everything apart from a ferule end cap for the exposed wire at the remote end. That's fine, I have like 500 I bought 12 years ago!

The only downside I found with the supplied stuff, was the Sram Matchmaker parts came with a bolt that was far too long, again I had a spare SRAM OE one in my spares so no worries there.

mtbr member
    I have a few miles on mine now and I love it, the lever feels light but positive, the dropper action is smooth and precise and the 170/165mm drop opens up plenty of options. Not only that but it looks awesome too and I much prefer it over my Reverbs and Transfer posts. One Up have knocked it out the park on this, I definitely recommend!

mtbr member
    I recently put a 30.9/150mm drop One Up post on my newly-built Trance paired with one of the Giant under-bar levers. I have a couple other droppers, and this one seems pretty nice and a good value (as is the Giant lever). It also saved me from having to size down to a 125mm post or finding a saddle with a really low stack height. I've only ridden it a few times, so we'll have to see how it holds up.

OneUp dropper post-trance2.jpg

OneUp dropper post-oneuppost.jpg
    Dave

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I installed one yesterday on a bike at the shop. Installation was easy and the post is fairly smooth with a fast but not violent return. Not as smooth as my Revive, but not as pricey either.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    when the dropper is fully compressed down, is the stack height really 37mm?

can someone confirm for me please?

OneUp dropper post-oneup-components-dropper-post-side-down-966.jpg
    2017 yeti sb6c turq x01 eagle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by useport80 View Post
    when the dropper is fully compressed down, is the stack height really 37mm?
    Looks about right.

OneUp dropper post-oneupstack.jpg
    Dave

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigloch View Post
    Seriously considering this post over the Bikeyoke
    If it helps with your decision, a buddy recently broke his Bikeyoke just below the seat mount head. No crash involved.

OneUp dropper post-bikeyoke.jpg
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    ^^Damn!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I received my 31.6 150 dropper in the mail yesterday, I can vouch for mtbdirect in Australia they were awesome.

Donít have the bike for it yet but I decided to install the full cable length, remote and a saddle and gave it a whirl.. so much better than my previous reverb with 1x remote, lighter and looks to be very well made. Cable and remote attachment process was a 20 second job, well done OneUp!

The only concern I may have is for the longevity of the stanchion seal, when fully dropped the lip rises up onto the flared section and stretches it out.. Anyone see this being an issue with dirt, mud, water ingress over time? Or is it worth putting in ~3mm of shim to keep the seal lip on the machined stanchion area?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    man i can't wait for the travel spacer to come in stock. putting in an order immediately

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    What's the actuator sticking out at the bottom like? I want one of these for my wife's bike as it only has very minimal insertion length thanks to a silly kink in the seat tube. Wondering if the actuator actually takes up room or can bend a bit to stick into the "kinked" section. I think it's like 35mm right? The posted is listed at 410mm but that doesn't include the actuator I think. Anyone with one of these have any thoughts?

My wife's bike is a LIV Embolden if that helps. Was going to get her a crappy external post 125mm but have decided to drill a small hole and convert to internal and go with 150mm OneUp. Similar cost and more travel, well hopefully

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by svinyard View Post
    What's the actuator sticking out at the bottom like? I want one of these for my wife's bike as it only has very minimal insertion length thanks to a silly kink in the seat tube. Wondering if the actuator actually takes up room or can bend a bit to stick into the "kinked" section. I think it's like 35mm right? The posted is listed at 410mm but that doesn't include the actuator I think. Anyone with one of these have any thoughts?

My wife's bike is a LIV Embolden if that helps. Was going to get her a crappy external post 125mm but have decided to drill a small hole and convert to internal and go with 150mm OneUp. Similar cost and more travel, well hopefully
    There is a little bit of wiggle play on the actuator so you might be in luck. I wouldnít like to put too much of a kink in there though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

im kinda worried about this also. my bike is a size small, with a kink in the seatpost as well. right now i have a 9point8 with a lower leg tube of 190-200mm and it fits fine.

chris@oneup said the actuator portion of the dropper is 32mm.

once the travel shims come in stock, i'll be ordering a oneup dropper and HOPEFULLY it fits.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    This is my wifes bike. You can notice the kink. The actuator is pretty narrow so much hope is that it being narrow to a point will allow it to slipe into the kink section without needing any bending. I'm feeling positive about it. We'll see I guess.

OneUp dropper post-embolden-2-blue-r_2000x1414t.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    On a side note, the bike above has a 2X drive train with separate clamps for shifter and shimano M315 brakes (long levers). Do you think I could somehow use the OneUp remote with that setup and just slide the other clamps in and mount the OneUp remote for now.... or would it just be a cluster? I'd love to get her off the 2X setup and onto an XT 11sp but have spent so much money on bikes lately I'm hitting my limit lol.

Pics of left 2X/Brake handlebar setup below:

OneUp dropper post-20180515_190701.jpg

OneUp dropper post-20180515_190705.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    On a side note, the bike above has a 2X drive train with separate clamps for shifter and shimano M315 brakes (long levers). Do you think I could somehow use the OneUp remote with that setup and just slide the other clamps in and mount the OneUp remote for now.... or would it just be a cluster? I'd love to get her off the 2X setup and onto an XT 11sp but have spent so much money on bikes lately I'm hitting my limit lol.]
    Is there enough room to flip it upside down and put it above the shifter on the right side? I did this with a Specialized SRL lever on my fatty while I ran 2x drivetrain. I run SRAM drivetrain so I didn't have the gear indicator to worry about like on your Shimano

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Just a heads up for anyone with Hope brakes, the matchmaker adapter for the tech 3 wonít work with the oneup lever. The oneup adaptor replaces the everything to the SRAM brake lever with an alloy block that the lever bolts to. Iíll probably use a spare SRAM clamp with the matchmaker adaptor next to the tech 3 lever until I either macgyver something or just try and get the standard mount.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Another heads up: I just failed to install this post, and the problem came down to the fact that the lowest point of the actuator moves up and down with lever movement. When the actuator moves up, it pulls the housing up with it, and then the housing drops down as the lever is released. In the case of my GG Megatrail, the housing kept binding on the insertion hole instead of moving in and out freely.

I don't think the actuator's movement would be an issue for full-internal routing, but on my frame the housing runs externally until it passes into a hole in the side of the seat tube, and the frame is not designed for free housing movement in and out of that hole.

mtbr member
    I had some issues with install. This black cap that goes over the cable housing gets inserted into the post actuator and is what causes it to engage. But since it only sticks in very slightly, it is very easy to come out, say if the housing bends against the frame as you are inserting the seatpost into the frame or pulling on the other side of the cable housing to remove the slack. After 2 failed attempts, I added some super glue as seen here. One of the times I was even riding my bike around for a while before it failed on my. (Not too sure how or why that happened) Even though I got it working, I am worried it can become dislodged (superglue is no longer there) while I am riding. Nothing worse that flying down a trail and having your dropper come shooting up.

Did I do something wrong?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I think itís important to keep tension on the inner cable during installation. I temporarily installed the lever at the full cable length to keep the tension, and then pulled the post back up 150mm and cut the housing and cable to length. This is described in the instructions on the oneup website and itís a good method. My cable came free the first time, and I ended up replacing that o-ring with a thicker tighter fitting one as mine was quite loose. I think yours should be above the lip to stop the cable end coming out of the hole.

Iíd suggest checking out the installation guide on their website if you havenít already, itís very useful.

Edit: link added

https://www.oneupcomponents.com/page...n-instructions

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Has OneUp made their install video yet? This stuff should be clearly explained in a nice vid. It doesn't take long tweak up something.

mtbr member
    Rode with it for the first time today and it felt great. As good as any post Iíve used before.

mtbr member
    Has OneUp made their install video yet? This stuff should be clearly explained in a nice vid. It doesn't take long tweak up something.
    Thay said they were working on one shortly after it was released. I am not in marketing, but my wife is so I hear marketing BS all the time. From my under-educated marketing view, this has been a pretty poor job on their part. How do you not have videos and install instructions WITH photos on day one?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteox View Post
    My cable came free the first time, and I ended up replacing that o-ring with a thicker tighter fitting one as mine was quite loose. I think yours should be above the lip to stop the cable end coming out of the hole. [/url]

Is there enough space to cinch a small zip tie down really tight instead of using an o-ring? Seems like that would supply more pressure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkerfiveo View Post
    How do you not have videos and install instructions WITH photos on day one?
    The same way they didn't have a $0.50 part available that is critical to one of the most hyped features. Well, actually they charge $10. But it sure looks like $0.50.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velodonata View Post
    The same way they didn't have a $0.50 part available that is critical to one of the most hyped features. Well, actually they charge $10. But it sure looks like $0.50.
    Agreed. Which was my point. It seemed rushed, unprepared, and Bush league.

mtbr member
    hey guys, they had to have it released before sea otter, we should all understand why they would have something rushed and not completely finished to sell!

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I don't care about the lack of info for the release. I'm stoked the product is nice. But geez it's been a month... where is the install vids they mentioned?

That shim for 10$ is baloney tho lol. Regardless if it works, I'm really really happy to pay for it. (tall guy here)

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I had asked earlier about getting the post to slam into a short seat tube that has a kink in it. Well I saw this review (quoted below), it's of a similar bike to my wife's but not the same. It does seem like the 32mm actuator is kind of a hindrance if your bike doesn't have room. Specifically due to the actuator needing even more room than 32mm as it's pulled down to actuate. (I'm not 100% sure that's correct but the reviewer mentioned it). It's all good for my own RM bike and it's luxurious seat tube. It's also a bit ambiguous as it's not part of the stock dimensions that people measure against.

I bought this for my wife's XS Liv Lust (Giant.) After getting it installed the post would not actuate, turns out the mechanism on the bottom needs room to pull downward. with the post fully slammed into the frame it runs into one of the link pivots. I have to raise the post substantially to get it to actuate and even with the post in the lowered position it is over 3" taller than the trusty yet dated gravity dropper it replaced. Because of this I can't get my wife to proper pedaling height with the post in the LOW position, high position and she can't even reach the pedals. It seems very well made but this appears to be an oversight for smaller bikes and shorter riders. BEWARE of this before buying for small frames. I ordered direct from OneUp so hopefully they'll accept the return.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Side note: I'm building out a new carbon frame (my first build) and need to put the bike on my BikeHand stand. The stand has a kind of rubber clamp on it. So how do I get my bike on a bike stand once its all done for maintenance? Do I just clamp to the stantion of the OneUp dropper? Or should I remove the dropper, put in a temp alum seat post and clamp to that instead? (Not sure if I can even do that with cabling etc).

Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Side note: I'm building out a new carbon frame (my first build) and need to put the bike on my BikeHand stand. The stand has a kind of rubber clamp on it. So how do I get my bike on a bike stand once its all done for maintenance? Do I just clamp to the stantion of the OneUp dropper? Or should I remove the dropper, put in a temp alum seat post and clamp to that instead? (Not sure if I can even do that with cabling etc).

Thoughts?
    I always clamp to the dropper. But I also insist on owning non hydraulic droppers.

mtbr member
    I always clamp as well, just make sure there isn't too much torque in the dropper, let the bike drop the front wheel and stay in sort of a rested position

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Great, thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    I had some issues with install. This black cap that goes over the cable housing gets inserted into the post actuator and is what causes it to engage. But since it only sticks in very slightly, it is very easy to come out, say if the housing bends against the frame as you are inserting the seatpost into the frame or pulling on the other side of the cable housing to remove the slack. After 2 failed attempts, I added some super glue as seen here. One of the times I was even riding my bike around for a while before it failed on my. (Not too sure how or why that happened) Even though I got it working, I am worried it can become dislodged (superglue is no longer there) while I am riding. Nothing worse that flying down a trail and having your dropper come shooting up.

Did I do something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteox View Post
    I think itís important to keep tension on the inner cable during installation. I temporarily installed the lever at the full cable length to keep the tension, and then pulled the post back up 150mm and cut the housing and cable to length. This is described in the instructions on the oneup website and itís a good method. My cable came free the first time, and I ended up replacing that o-ring with a thicker tighter fitting one as mine was quite loose. I think yours should be above the lip to stop the cable end coming out of the hole.

Iíd suggest checking out the installation guide on their website if you havenít already, itís very useful.

Edit: link added

https://www.oneupcomponents.com/page...n-instructions
    This is the same basic construction as the Wolftooth conversion for the Reverb. As @whiteox noted, you simply have to keep some measure of tension on the cable/housing as you go. Either clamp it to the remote, or gingerly use a 4th hand with a lock on it. Push the dropper down/gently pull the housing through the exit hole, wherever that may be.

In practice, there should be zero issues. The actuation stroke shouldn't allow the housing to unseat, unless it was hung up on something. Also, and for what it's worth, I would use a metal ferrule on the end of a dynamic piece of housing (since it moves, you see...), as it will prove to be more durable in the long run. Wheels MFG sells brass/aluminum ferrules, or Shimano has a sealed aluminum ferrule option. Metal housing ferrules tend to be a tighter fit, too, if you desire that--but they can be difficult to remove later; spread a thin layer of grease over the ferrule's outside.

*edit* to specific ally answer your question: when the cable is properly 'tensioned' (that is, no slack at rest), it's not possible for it to come out of the actuator.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    I always clamp as well, just make sure there isn't too much torque in the dropper, let the bike drop the front wheel and stay in sort of a rested position
    I don't worry about that much either. As a 210# rider, I am putting far greater torque on the seat post than my 30# bike hanging from it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I tried to install one a couple of days ago with the post fully extended and was having the same issues with the ferrule until I had a Homer Simpson moment of clarity and pushed it back in, reinstalled and it worked perfectly. Their instructions should relate that an install will not work while the post is extended. The biggest install issue I found is that in order to cut the housing to the proper length you need to have the seat installed and the post at your desired riding height before moving on to the complete install. I installed the 150mm on a 2015 Trek Fuel EX8 17.5 and the post bottoms out in the seat tube at nearly the perfect height (maybe have 1/2 inch to play with) and if I were one inch shorter than 5'9 I'm not sure this post would have worked. The current install instructions need to be further refined. The other posts regarding the shim are spot on, this item should be shipped with the post, I paid $6.09 for shipping plus tax for the $10 piece of plastic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    It'd be awesome if one of you guys could throw up a video of the install nuances. OneUp is sticking with the written instructions for now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i finished installing the dropper earlier today and went for a ride. sorry i forgot to take a video.

my previous post was a 9point8 fall line. and i used the same wolftooth remote for the oneup dropper.

here are some things i noticed:
    1) install was fairly simple. i used the same housing, but used a new inner cable since the inner cable was smashed at the end on the wolftooth remote and it was difficult to pull the inner cable through the housing. so i ended up cutting the inner cable and removing it.

2) the cable pull seems quite short. with my 9point8, i could push the lever all the way down, and it was very light to push. now with the oneup dropper, it seems much harder to push and the total distance of lever travel is much shorter, probably 1/3 of the total wolftooth remote range of motion. doesn't seem to hamper the usage of the oneup dropper though. im going to add some triflow to the inner cable and see if that helps.

3) yeti says the seatpost collar should be 5nm and thats what i've been using for the past couple years. if i fasten the seatpost collar to 5nm, the oneup dropper will not fully extend. it'll extend about 20mm. i tried 3nm, and same thing. i tried 2.5nm and it's a lil slow to extend, but it does extend fully. lastly i tried 2nm and it seems to extend quickly and the seatpost doesn't rotate in the seattube, so i guess i'll be sticking with that.

4) i didn't bother checking the psi of the post

5) the spacer installation was pretty simple as well, the official oneup video was pretty spot on

6) performance wise, the post worked well

7) those that had issues with the housing slipping out, i recommend just maintain tension on the inner cable and it should help keep the dropper pulled down onto the outer housing

8) im surprised the actuator only has a lil rubber oring to prevent the cable end from falling out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    It does seem like the 32mm actuator is kind of a hindrance if your bike doesn't have room. Specifically due to the actuator needing even more room than 32mm as it's pulled down to actuate.
    Just FYI, the bottom of the actuator (along with the housing) is actually pulled up on actuation, while the cable end stays static. That was the cause of my install problem, as the housing needs to be able to move up and down freely in the seat tube.

mtbr member
    Just installed mine on my hardtail. Got the 170mm to replace the 125mm that came on the bike which was way too short (I'm 6'5"). I'm not a huge fan of how the cable attaches to the actuator but seems fine so far. The post feels super solid, like it literally feels like a solid seat-post. I got the OneUp lever and it seems alright except for the overly textured thumb contact point. I think I'd prefer a wolftooth or similar lever though which seems a bit more natural.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3220 View Post
    Just installed mine on my hardtail. Got the 170mm to replace the 125mm that came on the bike which was way too short (I'm 6'5"). I'm not a huge fan of how the cable attaches to the actuator but seems fine so far. The post feels super solid, like it literally feels like a solid seat-post. I got the OneUp lever and it seems alright except for the overly textured thumb contact point. I think I'd prefer a wolftooth or similar lever though which seems a bit more natural.
    Is it just the texture of the remote or is the action of a wolftooth that much better? I can live with the texture but I'm hoping the action is up to par with wolftooth

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Is it just the texture of the remote or is the action of a wolftooth that much better? I can live with the texture but I'm hoping the action is up to par with wolftooth
    the lever range of motion is shorter and firmer with the oneup+wolftooth versus 9point8+wolftooth and tranx+wolftooth and fox+wolftooth.

oneup rep confirmed that the dropper was designed for that ROM and firmness.

i can take a video if you like, but it'll likely be 2morrow or monday.

mtbr member
    Well the texture is enough to hurt my thumb but don't notice it much wearing gloves. I slightly prefer the remotes styled after down shift levers. The OneUp remote functions more like an up shift lever. Honestly that's me splitting hairs. I rode today and mostly forgot about it.

Stone Jack Baller
    Just ordered a 170. Backcountry has a 20% off code that actually works, unlike jenson. $159.20 w/ free shipping.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I've got one on backorder and they told me either late June or even early July to get it. I'm considering cancelling the order and going with the SDG dropper. I'd be losing a little bit of travel, but I'm not sure I'd miss it. Oneup's pricing is very disappointing. $10 for a cheap plastic shim is ridiculous. And they're asking $80 for a new cartridge whereas SDG is only charging $45. Decisions decisions

Stone Jack Baller
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    I've got one on backorder and they told me either late June or even early July to get it. I'm considering cancelling the order and going with the SDG dropper. I'd be losing a little bit of travel, but I'm not sure I'd miss it. Oneup's pricing is very disappointing. $10 for a cheap plastic shim is ridiculous. And they're asking $80 for a new cartridge whereas SDG is only charging $45. Decisions decisions
    Have you looked elsewhere for a oneup? The one I ordered from backcountry with 20% off was in stock with free 2 day air shipping.

*edit- Well, looks like everyone sold out in the last couple of days. Dayum. Backcountry, universal, and jenson all had some last weekend.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Looking to pair this with a Wolf Tooth remote. Would you guys go regular remote or the Light Action?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JCordell View Post
    Looking to pair this with a Wolf Tooth remote. Would you guys go regular remote or the Light Action?
    light action for sure. the dropper requires more force to actuate, so the LA would help with gaining more leverage.

i have a LA remote and it's much harder to actuate than my 9point8 dropper

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Is it a pain to actuate the OneUp or not that big of a deal?

mtbr member
    Is it a pain to actuate the OneUp or not that big of a deal?
    I find it easy to actuate. Iím using the One Up lever and itís a really nice action. I have a Fox Transfer on my Switchblade and I use a standard Wolftooth Remote that isnít as easy to actuate.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    it's not an issue for me, I only noticed the actuation and range of motion difference

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

always licking the glass
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoker View Post
    Have you looked elsewhere for a oneup? The one I ordered from backcountry with 20% off was in stock with free 2 day air shipping.

*edit- Well, looks like everyone sold out in the last couple of days. Dayum. Backcountry, universal, and jenson all had some last weekend.
    5 week wait AFAIK.
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF, Colorado Front Range
    Hadley hubs for sale

Stone Jack Baller
    Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    5 week wait AFAIK.
    Guess I just got lucky. Ordered 30.9x170 last Sunday and got it Thursday. The only catch is that backcountry didnít have any remotes. Worldwide Cyclery had a 15% code that worked on the remote, but it wasnít in stock. Bought it last Sunday, also, and got an email from them today saying they would have it by end of next week. Itís slightly annoying to have post in hand and not be able to use it, but I think it will be worth the wait to get post and remote for about $201.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi, @oneup, is it possible to lift bike by seaddle when seatpost in lover possition? To put bike on chair lift or so? Will it be ok for cartridge? ( Bike will be holding on the seaddle for 20 min)

As far as I'm aware for example:
    9point8/rf - possible due to construction
    Reverb - no

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_M View Post
    Hi, @oneup, is it possible to lift bike by seaddle when seatpost in lover possition? To put bike on chair lift or so? Will it be ok for cartridge? ( Bike will be holding on the seaddle for 20 min)

As far as I'm aware for example:
    9point8/rf - possible due to construction
    Reverb - no
    Hey Nick,

This is not recommended for any cartridge or IFP based system. It is obviously fine if the seat is full up however.

One note, 9.8 and RF turbine can be hung by the saddle. RF Aeffect can not.

I hope that helps,
    Jon

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Thank you very much for quick and valuable reply,

However that make my choice even harder

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

New question here.

Another quick question is it possible to install following dropper with RF turbine lever? , assuming that cable will be tightened with cable stop barrel on the lever end

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hi

I have installed oneup dropper (170mm 31.6) and noticed play in the post when trying to push the saddle by hand. There is minimal left/right and also fore/aft play. I had a test ride and don't notice any movement while riding. Have contacted oneup (sent a video) and received the following answer
    ''At full extension we have found that all (OneUp included) 170 or longer post can be moved slightly fore/aft when pushed by hand, off the bike. It's very slight but noticeable if you are looking for it.''

This is my first dropper post so don't have any comparison to other post. Is anyone experiencing similar play in the post?

Regards

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by slamc View Post
    Hi

I have installed oneup dropper (170mm 31.6) and noticed play in the post when trying to push the saddle by hand. There is minimal left/right and also fore/aft play. I had a test ride and don't notice any movement while riding. Have contacted oneup (sent a video) and received the following answer
    ''At full extension we have found that all (OneUp included) 170 or longer post can be moved slightly fore/aft when pushed by hand, off the bike. It's very slight but noticeable if you are looking for it.''

This is my first dropper post so don't have any comparison to other post. Is anyone experiencing similar play in the post?

Regards
    Yes. KS tho, not OneUP. Good luck finding a post with zero play.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_M View Post
    Hi, @oneup, is it possible to lift bike by seaddle when seatpost in lover possition?
    Thou shalt not ride thine bike with the post in the "lover" position. You playing a dangerous game my friend.
    Last edited by svinyard; 06-13-2018 at 11:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    [QUOTE=251;13658373]I recently put a 30.9/150mm drop One Up post on my newly-built Trance paired with one of the Giant under-bar levers. I have a couple other droppers, and this one seems pretty nice and a good value (as is the Giant lever). It also saved me from having to size down to a 125mm post or finding a saddle with a really low stack height. I've only ridden it a few times, so we'll have to see how it holds up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trance2.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	250.7 KB 
ID:	1197320

What size is your Trance?
    I've got a medium and trying to work out what size to get to get it as far out of the way as I can

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by da799 View Post
    What size is your Trance?
    I've got a medium and trying to work out what size to get to get it as far out of the way as I can
    OneUp dropper post-trancebhc.jpg

It's a 2017 large Trance 2 frameset, my BB to saddle extension is 735mm and the post (150mm drop/30.9mm dia) could be lowered about 10mm further until the collar bottoms on the frame.
    Dave

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    New bike build day. The OneUp dropper is fantastic (one ride in) so far. There is about 1/4mm of side to side plant when I wiggle the seat and that is it. Super easy install (took 15mins). I have the 170mm 30.9. I like how you can adjust the return speed via PSI pressure. Now the secret sauce is the Wolftooth Light Action remote. Holy cow, its buttery smooth and easy but not mushy/vague. Love it for sure. Assuming it all holds up, I'm stoked.

(yeah I know the seat is DJ'd out...I fixed it before the ride).
    OneUp dropper post-myinstinct.jpg

Wanna ride bikes?
    Been riding my 170 dropper with a Wolftooth lever for about a month now. Super happy, would buy again.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

Nothing seems to kill me
    FYI Oneup droppers back in stock this morning.
    Also 9point8 has their droppers on sale on their site
    Twilight falls upon old souls darkening our skin & bone.Soon I'll follow Prudence home until then just let me chase this sun

mtbr member
    Finally got my email from Worldwide Cyclery yesterday saying mine was shipping.
    Hey guys, lets go play bieks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I just received one of these and in relation to the cable popping off the end, would you not just pull the green piece, that is held on with the oring, off, slip the cable end in, and then install it the other way around capturing the cable end inside? Then it can never come out?

mtbr member
    Well this sucks. Might have to get a wolf tooth remote.

OneUp dropper post-20180728_190349.jpg

always licking the glass
    Quote Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    Been riding my 170 dropper with a Wolftooth lever for about a month now. Super happy, would buy again.
    Anyone try it with a race face lever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF, Colorado Front Range
    Hadley hubs for sale

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Name:	20180728_190349.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	1210019
    my friends oneup remote broke like also. the body just snapped

damned rocks...
    Well this sucks. Might have to get a wolf tooth remote. Click image for larger version. 

I thought the lever body was Carbon, but that looks like cheap plastic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglo View Post
    I thought the lever body was Carbon, but that looks like cheap plastic.
    I think they are compressed carbon (so think MDF for F1 Engineers!).

Anyway, a lot of things break if hit correctly (or not), I have no issues with mine, it's the nicest feeling lever I've tried so far...

damned rocks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    I think they are compressed carbon (so think MDF for F1 Engineers!). Anyway, a lot of things break if hit correctly (or not), I have no issues with mine, it's the nicest feeling lever I've tried so far...
    I have no doubt that they have a nice feel, that's one of the reasons I thought to buy one to replace a Specialized remote. When they say "A carbon remote with..." people think they are made of carbon fiber, but that is no carbon fiber, I don't see any layup, just some kind of resin/epoxy and maybe some carbon powder at most. So I will pass, and get a WolfTooth ReMote or a BikeYoke Triggy.

mtbr member
    I can vouch for the Wolf Tooth being a nice solid item but I personally prefer the lever feel of the One Up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    170mm fitted to my Medium Evil Calling.

Fitting was a breeze, using standard Wolf Tooth lever.
    Feels awesome to me.

Joke the shim is not included, had to pay an extra £10 and is on back order.

Any issues will report back.

Wanna ride bikes?
    So I had a little problem over the weekend. The dropper started sagging and would not stay up. A few miles later the saddle started turning left and right as I pedaled. Not good. Something died internally in a serious way and it happened suddenly.

I haven't had time to investigate the issue yet, but will dig into it before initiating a warranty claim.

Will report back when I know more.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    I installed my 170mm dropper with a wolftooth remote last week. I was nervous that it would be a bit too long based on some measurements I took and the infor on the oneup site. The post actually seem more compact than expected(or my measurements were wrong). Took all of 10 minutes and I am no mechanic. I did find that the post was slow to extend up the last 20mm or so until I backed off the seatpost clamp a hair. Went out for my first ride and everything functioned flawlessly. Little to no play in the seat . I might add a few psi just to speed things up a bit but it goes up and down. What more could you ask for?
    2016 Santa Cruz Hightower C
    2017 Specialized Epic Hardtail
    2018 Chromag Rootdown

Nothing seems to kill me
    Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    Anyone try it with a race face lever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Raceface lever uses the cable stop end and has no screw. It works on post where the cable is terminated on a set screw on the post. Oneup is the opposite. I have a RF on my KS Lev and 9point8. Great levers. I would by a Raceface if they would put the screw on the lever.
    Twilight falls upon old souls darkening our skin & bone.Soon I'll follow Prudence home until then just let me chase this sun

Nothing seems to kill me

Oh Gezzh. I hope this does not become an issue for everyone. Did you contact Oneup? Did it break in a crash or just snap.
    I do like the levers position. But if this is going to happen, I'll bail and get a WT.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CUP-TON View Post
    Oh Gezzh. I hope this does not become an issue for everyone. Did you contact Oneup? Did it break in a crash or just snap.
    I do like the levers position. But if this is going to happen, I'll bail and get a WT.
    I was screwing around in the street doing endo crankflips. Endoed a bit too hard, jumped off the pedals and my thigh hit the lever. So it's my fault but that's also the kind of scenario I expect any shifter or brake lever to hold up to. I didn't bother contacting OneUp because I honestly don't want another lever from them. I've liked all their other products so far but not this dropper lever (see my previous posts for other reasons).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast