mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Lockout lever AND dropper lever

I am going to be setting up my sons Trek top fuel 9.8 SL tonight with a 9point8 dropper. The bike is a XC race bike through and through and it came with the Duel Control Fox lockout. The way the suspension works, you have to leave that in place. That said, he wants to run a trigger style remove for a dropper on it, and I am trying to lay all this out. Anyone have any pics of setups for both on the front brake side of the bars?

since 4/10/2009
    got pics? fox makes a few different levers, it looks like, and I'm not clear which one you've got.

either way, to make all the controls work, they're going to have to be different types of levers from each other. If they're both "under-bar shifter-style" levers, then one of them will have to change to something else so that all the controls are actually accessible.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    https://www.probikesupply.com/produc...4aApcMEALw_wcB

This is what we had on his. As of now, I think I might have a way to make a highline dropper remote from Crankbrothers work with the other lockout. We both have reverb's on our "enduro'ish" bikes and we both agree we really don't love the positioning of the reverb button. Hard to reach if you really are raising and lowering the seat on short quick punch coures.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Isnít the twinloc of Scott a solution?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Might have been a too obvious solution, but 9point8 offer a trigger style remote, exactly like you're looking for

https://intl.9point8.ca/index.php?ro...&product_id=54
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Alright. Here is a bit of an update on where I am at.

1. The scott solution with the twin lock. That close but you really have to pull your thumb way up off the bar to get that dropper button going. For a 30 foot tech section and in a panic, you really have to work hard to get your had up high off the bar for that. That concerns me.
    2. The trigger. I have thought about that and that might be the last option but I am a bit worried about having to pull a finger off the brake to hit that trigger.

I tried my ideas on the highline remote, and it was promising at first, but the Dang fox two position button is just awkwardly in the way. We found an older version that is tucked up under the bar some. Thinking about trying that tonight. I will report back.

Best case really is the new rock shot twist version, but I was trying to avoid the cost.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmabus View Post
    Alright. Here is a bit of an update on where I am at.

1. The scott solution with the twin lock. That close but you really have to pull your thumb way up off the bar to get that dropper button going. For a 30 foot tech section and in a panic, you really have to work hard to get your had up high off the bar for that. That concerns me.
    2. The trigger. I have thought about that and that might be the last option but I am a bit worried about having to pull a finger off the brake to hit that trigger.

I tried my ideas on the highline remote, and it was promising at first, but the Dang fox two position button is just awkwardly in the way. We found an older version that is tucked up under the bar some. Thinking about trying that tonight. I will report back.

Best case really is the new rock shot twist version, but I was trying to avoid the cost.
    I have seen versions of the Scott Twinloc that just had the dual bottom triggers. Maybe some versions were built that way, or maybe people had modified them. But if you need to operate two cables that could be perfect, and clean looking

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmabus View Post
    https://www.probikesupply.com/produc...4aApcMEALw_wcB

This is what we had on his. As of now, I think I might have a way to make a highline dropper remote from Crankbrothers work with the other lockout. We both have reverb's on our "enduro'ish" bikes and we both agree we really don't love the positioning of the reverb button. Hard to reach if you really are raising and lowering the seat on short quick punch coures.
    With that Fox remote, you're going to have to find something OTHER than an under-the-bar dropper lever. Look at that pic of the Twinloc for a sec. Not the twinloc lever itself (that's for controlling both front and rear shocks at the same time, not necessarily for controlling a dropper). Look at the dropper lever it's paired with. I've circled it for your convenience.

Lockout lever AND dropper lever-dropperlever.png

Thomson makes a similar lever to this. RaceFace makes one. Pretty sure the one in this pic is a Fox Transfer lever. I think a number of manufacturers offer a similar style. This style would play reasonably nicely with an under-the-bar suspension lockout lever.

Look for an x-fusion BAT remote as another style that could work with the layout you're trying to achieve.

I also hate the Reverb plunger-style button. So does my wife, and the last bike she bought came with one. As soon as the 1x reverb lever came out, we replaced the plunger.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    The cool thing about that xfusion, is you might have the ability to tuck it under and have it sit below the brake lever and be index or middle finger activated.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Reporting back. We wound up ditching the lockout all together. I have never really used my lockout and my son feels the same way. Dropped some weight and added the better dropper lever so we are good.