ks lev dropper + sq lab seat- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2018

ks lev dropper + sq lab seat

edit: I have a ks lev dropper post that i am trying to pair with a sq lab seat with carbon rails. The sq seat has oval rails instead of circle rails and will not stay in place when torqued down in the rail clamps. The dropper post is made to accommodate 7x9 rails but i still can not get the seat to stay in place. I have torqued to 9nm, it calls for 8, not sure how much to push it. Any ideas besides carbon paste and more torque?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
    edit: I have a ks lev dropper post that i am trying to pair with a sq lab seat with carbon rails. The sq seat has oval rails instead of circle rails and will not stay in place when torqued down in the rail clamps. The dropper post is made to accommodate 7x9 rails but i still can not get the seat to stay in place. I have torqued to 9nm, it calls for 8, not sure how much to push it. Any ideas besides carbon paste and more torque?
    If the saddle is sliding, I'd put a little carbon paste in and be done. If that didn't fix it, not sure I would go for more torque though since that is the spec for the seat clamp. If you go to far, you may warp it and then it's toast....and then maybe no seat rail would be secure in it. Not sure what's happening with yours, another member here (matt.s67) posted they were using an SQ Lab on their Lev about a year and half ago with no issues.
    The member formerly known as Redtires....

mtbr member
    I don't have a SQlab saddle but I have seen that their carbon rails are smooth. I've got 7 different saddles from 4 different brands with 7x9 carbon rails and they all have roughened surfaces in the clamp area that feels like sandpaper. These haven't slipped in my posts using specified torques. As Joe above suggests, CF friction paste is certainly the thing to try.
    What, me worry?