Hydraulic Brake Replacement- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2020

Hydraulic Brake Replacement

I have a 2007 Kona Cinder Cone 26" All-mountain with original Hayes Sole hydraulic disc brakes.The bike was my wife's and she almost never used it, so structurally, the bike is sound. My son is transitioning from a smaller Mt. Bike to this one but some parts need replaced, mainly the rear brake assembly. I don't want to put top shelf parts on it as I know he'll grow out of this one in a couple of years too, but I don't want garbage either. He'll beat it up pretty good, but we are not pros by any stretch. Any recommendations out there? Thanks all

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Tektro - something like this
    https://www.amazon.com/Tektro-HD-M29.../dp/B07CXGF7RJ

Can find cheaper without the rotor. Cheapest will probably be to service what you have.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponche View Post
    I have a 2007 Kona Cinder Cone 26" All-mountain with original Hayes Sole hydraulic disc brakes.The bike was my wife's and she almost never used it, so structurally, the bike is sound. My son is transitioning from a smaller Mt. Bike to this one but some parts need replaced, mainly the rear brake assembly. I don't want to put top shelf parts on it as I know he'll grow out of this one in a couple of years too, but I don't want garbage either. He'll beat it up pretty good, but we are not pros by any stretch. Any recommendations out there? Thanks all
    Base no model name Shimanos. No fancy features but still work good.