got my cheap chinese carbon bars- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

got my cheap chinese carbon bars

$18.99 on fleabay from some reseller outta texas

(at least I didnt have to wait 6 months)

31.something on the clamp part

" width="549">
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails got my  cheap chinese carbon bars-carbon-bars-1-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    22.something on the flattest part of the bar end

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    ad listed at 120g +/- 20g for the 720mm

as Bob Eucker says 'just a little outside'

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quality is second to none

since 4/10/2009
    hope you have good dental insurance

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Curious how they hold up to trail riding. Funny enough, I just watched a YouTube vid of a guy going over a small jump and his Chinese carbon fiber handlebar snapping on him on the landing.

Edit: Found a video. Actually there are a bit on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/6QBRjp9-uJg

Bikesexual
    No, thank you!

I'm not saying my bars won't snap, but that will increase the chances.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Ha, great video.

Can't believe how crappy this thing is. The other bar end is worse.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shortnugly View Post
    $18.99 on fleabay from some reseller outta texas
    We Texan's never trust a guy selling Chinese bars...
    You didn't quit riding because you're old, you're old because you quit riding.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I got curious about these Chinese bars last night and did some Googling/YouTube searching. Apparently there are a couple reliable Chinese carbon bars that are surprisingly good. There's one with a guy who stressed tested a Nukeproof vs a cheap Chinese bar and he managed to snap the Nukeproof but couldn't break the Chinese one. In another video, a guy was trying to break a cheap EC90 knockoffs road bike handle and couldn't. There may be some gems out there.

Quote Originally Posted by fredcook View Post
    We Texan's never trust a guy selling Chinese bars...
    lol, wise words to live by.

EAT MORE GRIME
    Quality is second to none
    really ? show the xray that proves the integrity of the carbon layup in this bar
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    really ? show the xray that proves the integrity of the carbon layup in this bar
    I think the chip on your shoulder blocked your ears from hearing the sarcasm

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    I got curious about these Chinese bars last night and did some Googling/YouTube searching. Apparently there are a couple reliable Chinese carbon bars that are surprisingly good. There's one with a guy who stressed tested a Nukeproof vs a cheap Chinese bar and he managed to snap the Nukeproof but couldn't break the Chinese one. In another video, a guy was trying to break a cheap EC90 knockoffs road bike handle and couldn't. There may be some gems out there.
    Ya, I saw some fake Race Face chinese bars on fleabay.
    Sounds like it'd be expensive and time intensive to wade through the crap to find good ones.

My Cannondale carbon bars are worlds above what I just got. They look and feel like a finished product.

Gonna stick to the trusted brands.

Saw a chinese carbon 29er hardtail for sale on CL, guy built it up, now selling it......wonder why.

(still like that video)

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Know what they say, buy once, cry once. Ya, I'm gonna stick to my LBS stuff.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Bikewagon: Answer Pro Taper carbon bar 720mm 1" rise $49.99

Works for me!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Bikewagon: Answer Pro Taper carbon bar 720mm 1" rise $49.99

Works for me!
    Yup - I bought two of those earlier this year. They are great!

mtbr member
    These bars are hit or miss...I'd hate to be the one that ends up with the "miss" bar. I bought two of them a few months ago to try out different widths...and honestly...I don't have the confidence to run them on an actual dirt ride. I ended up spending a whole lot more and got an Enve M6. This is my 4th Enve bar...so I'm pretty comfortable in using them.

I have a China carbon frame and several pairs of China carbon rims. The handlebar I just don't feel comfortable enough to use.

Chinese bars?????

A rabbi walks into a Chinese bar and orders a glass of Manischewitz wine. He downs it, leans over the counter, and punches the bartender on the nose, saying "That was for Pearl Harbor!"

The bartender is furious. "Pearl Harbor? That was the Japanese, you idiot! I'm Chinese!"

The rabbi shrugs. "Ach, Chinese, Japanese, what's the difference? Come on, I'll buy you a drink to make up for it."

The bartender nods assent and produces two more glasses of wine. He downs his in one gulp, then leans over and punches the rabbi in the face, saying "That was for the Titanic!"

The rabbi is apoplectic. "The Titanic?!? That was sunk by an iceberg!"

The bartender shrugs. "Eh, iceberg, Goldberg, what's the difference?"

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    LOL!! Jeezus that was funny.

Hitching a ride
    I used some $18 BXT on my cheap hardtail for a while. They worked fine. I needed some rise and backsweep about a year later for a different bike, checked BXT, and now they want like $60 for their current bars. haha, vewy funny. I got some of the Answer Protaper for like $35 on sale and a set of Pro Tharsis carbon for $40 on sale. Probably made by the same people.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Been using some Toseek UD carbon bars for 5 years on a 160mm trail bike with no issues. I've seen the video of the dude breaking his cheap bars but there's no way the Toseek would break that easy and I'm a 220 pound rider.

mtbr member
    I am now a carbon bar convert. Got a set of cheap no name carbon bars a while ago, but they were too dam ugly to put on so I gave them away. Recently got some Renthal carbon Fatbar Lights, ...and wow. No more hand numbness. I am using them with either Knuckleduster's or Northshore's. Money spent for money riding.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    A guy I know bought Chinese aero road bars for 45 bucks and they looked nice. I paid $$$ for my Zipp SL-70 aero bars. His developed a crack near the stem. He cut them open and the carbon layup on the inside was a mess!

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I bought one of these cheap bars, but never had the b**ls to use it. Ended up buying a Spike Spank with Vibrocore (!) that was on sale. Didn't regret.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    I used some $18 BXT on my cheap hardtail for a while. They worked fine. I needed some rise and backsweep about a year later for a different bike, checked BXT, and now they want like $60 for their current bars. haha, vewy funny. I got some of the Answer Protaper for like $35 on sale and a set of Pro Tharsis carbon for $40 on sale. Probably made by the same people.
    I'm looking for carbon bars but am hard pressed to find anything from a reputable shop/ online dealer for much under $100. Where are you getting these tasty deals?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I got my Answer ProTaper SL bar in. Wow, what a difference in build and finish.

I just ordered a new Answer ProTaper 810 bar for $60 on Bikewagon.
    These are UD carbon lay up. They claim to be stronger than 3k weave. (dunno)

That ones gonna go on my new 2020 Spesh Fuse Comp 29

Woohoo, can't wait.

Sir Wreck-A-Lot
    Nov 2005
    Thing about cheap Chinese bars is that I can't find any with anything much than a 1" rise. I would like a 2" rise to replace what I've got on the bike now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Yeah, I'd bet they pretty much come from the same place, the EARRELL bars I got look exactly like the TOSEEK bars in graphics.

Got my new Answer Carbon 810 bars, UD carbon layup. Little heavier but look way beefier. AND NO RED GRAPHICS.

Hitching a ride
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    I'm looking for carbon bars but am hard pressed to find anything from a reputable shop/ online dealer for much under $100. Where are you getting these tasty deals?

It was a Black Friday deal last year. Check the Deals forum periodically and you'll see something. Then buy it cheap and stack it deep.

Also the Answer Protaper carbon is on L9 sports for $60.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post

I've bought 3 different carbon bars on Amazon in the past 2 years. I haven't had a problem with any of them. I tested each one by putting the bar on a 2x4 and standing on the bar ends and listening for any creaks or cracking sounds. They all passed. I've never felt unsafe. I do not do any jumps more than a couple feet high. If I was a racer and doing 20' jumps, I would spend $150 or $200 on a name brand. Since I don't race, $30 on Amazon works for me.

Co Springs
    Spent $38 I believe for a bar at amazon about 2 years ago.
    Working fine and holding up well but I don't get all knievel on my bike.
    Some slightly busy white design graphics on it but I covered some up with black tape. I bought it for another older bike but decided to try it out on my newer bike with the extra wide bars. I like the size of this one and think cf even in a cheapie is nicer than aluminum per nvh.
    bachman must spread some Reputation around before giving it to himself again. :madman: