Flat Pedals with Wide Platform- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2019

Flat Pedals with Wide Platform

I currently use Raceface Chesters which have a platform size of 110x101mm. I can feel the sides of my feet hanging over the edge of the pedal. The Raceface Atlas has a claimed size of 101x114mm so it is a bit wider, however according to reviews the stated dimensions don't accurately portray how much usable platform there is to stand on. The Diety T-Mac is the common suggestion for those who want a bigger pedal, however with the stated dimensions of 110x105mm, they're only 4mm wider than the pedals I currently use. Does anyone have suggestions for pedals I should look at? Thanks!

banned
    Jul 2015
    ^^^ I use Stamp Large or Oneup alloy. Both are almost identical in width. Both work great with my size 12 shoe.

mtbr member
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/888/i.html?...nkw=CVO+PEDALS I have three sets of these and they've been great.
    Bucksaw, Farley, and a Sturgis....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicane32 View Post
    ^^^ I use Stamp Large or Oneup alloy. Both are almost identical in width. Both work great with my size 12 shoe.
    Same.

Stamp 3 large user here, with size 12 free rider shoes. I tried a buddies chesters, and they felt very small in comparison, which is why I went for something larger.

Id also check out the Kona wah wah. Its supposed to be huge.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    The Wah Wah 2 alloy and Stamp 3 both look great. I'll check them out

mtbr member
    The large Stamp 7 has been my favorite pedal so far. I have size 13 shoes btw. I've used the OneUp pedals in the past and I hate the convex shape. It always felt like my foot was in the wrong position and was constantly readjusting my foot position. With the Stamps I don't have to think about my feet. I have read mixed reviews about the Stamp 1's not having enough grip.

mtbr member
    The stamp 1s have a different pin configuration than the 2/3/7/11 models. They have 9 pins vs 10 per side, and the pins are a bit shorter as well.

Ive heard some people say that once you lengthen the pins, the traction is pretty much on par with the others.

Also worth noting that the stamp 1s are the composite model, and are affordable and review well. The more expensive models (2/3/7/11) are aluminum. Other than the pin placement differences, the aluminum models are also a touch thinner, which may or may not matter to you. Just thought Id call it out.

banned
    Jul 2015
    The Kona Wah Wah's didn't have enough pins for my liking to even try. The Stamp 3 is thicker than 7 and 11. 11 being the most expensive/lightest at $200.

high pivot witchcraft
    I have Chesters and Wah Wah 2s. The Wah Wah 2s are awesome in every respect for my size 12 shoes, except that running them with crank boots can be a challenge, since the inside edge of the pedal is pretty much flush with the top of the threads (if that makes sense). In other words, there is little room on the axle to easily allow for the thickness of crank boots.
    2020 Kona Unit
    2019 Forbidden Druid
    2018 Kona Honzo ST 30th BDay SE
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon Fixed Gear

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Chromag recently put out the Worlds Largest Pedal, called the dagga I believe. pricey though.

I have some wah-wah 2s in plastic and like em, though they're cracked and a pin+hole were ripped off in a pedal strike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    I have Chesters and Wah Wah 2s. The Wah Wah 2s are awesome in every respect for my size 12 shoes, except that running them with crank boots can be a challenge, since the inside edge of the pedal is pretty much flush with the top of the threads (if that makes sense). In other words, there is little room on the axle to easily allow for the thickness of crank boots.
    Double up on the pedal washers and they clear.
    Bucksaw, Farley, and a Sturgis....

banned
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bcriverjunky View Post
    Yep. Same with Oneup alloy pedals.

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by bcriverjunky View Post
    Okay. Thank you.
    2020 Kona Unit
    2019 Forbidden Druid
    2018 Kona Honzo ST 30th BDay SE
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon Fixed Gear

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Pedaling innovations makes a big pedal, i love them

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Size 12 dogs here. Wear 5.10 Freerider Contacts.

I have RF Chesters, Wah Wah 2 (composite), and CB Stamp OG large (now 7).

Chesters are too small for my feet, but doable and are my back up pedals

Wah Wahs have the best grip and platform feel out of the three. So big, yet so light. Grippy but still can move around. Don't worry about the number of pins. They would be my undisputed recommendation except I sheared one almost in half with a big rock strike. Had to ride out with half a pedal.

CB fell great under foot, lots of grip, more so after I added their taller pins. Had to add pins because theirs grind down at the slightest site of rocks. Bearings or bushings on the spindle are also loose and that happened in under a year. No response back from CB about warranty. I don't really notice it while riding, but still for the price?

So if I had to recommend one of these three is is the Wah Wah 2. I just bought another pair after I broke it. I can buy 3 pairs for the price of one set of faulty Stamp 7s and the Wah Wahs have the most grip and largest feeling platform.