Dropper Post Lever Converter- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Dropper Post Lever Converter

I have an A2 Reverb with the old plunger that i'm not fond of so i plan to upgrade to an under bar lever. looking at the Rock Shox Reverb 1x and the Wolf Tooth Remote Sustain cable converter.

i like the idea of not having to bleed yet another system regularly. So the cable system looks enticing. They are both around $100 so price isnt really a factor. Any experience with either? preferences? Or a different option you like best?

since 4/10/2009
    Haven't used the sustain converter, but the RS 1x lever was introduced right about the time my wife ordered her bike. It came with the plunger remote, but as soon as I could get my hands on the 1x lever, that replaced it. Both of us absolutely hate the plunger and the RS 1x lever is a nearly infinite improvement.

I almost swapped out the whole post for a cable actuated one, but my wife didn't want to go that far if she could just get a lever that worked better for her. She's happy with the RS 1x lever, and it's been almost 2yrs for that.

mtbr member
    I use the Reverb 1x lever and it works fine. I have installed the Wolftooth cable remote for the Reverb. It works well too. The housing is what actuates the dropper so it needs to be free to move ~4mm up and down when installed. This is almost always not an issue unless the frame somehow constrains the the housing from moving that amount. It has been a problem on some Santa Cruz carbon frames with internal guide tubes for the dropper cable.
    Do the math.