Dropper choices- Mtbr.com

Thread: Dropper choices

mtbr member

Dropper choices

Hi all

Looking to upgrade my Giant Contact dropper. I have a few options available and would like to try and get consensus of which is the best option. Ideally I'd like something completely reliable but as smooth as possible as the Giant one is a bit flaky when I comes to lowering it. I have to get my weight just so or it binds up a bit.

Options are:
    Bikeyoke Revive. Seems the smoothest and easiest to rebuild. Though I have heard it can develop some up and down play.
    Rockshox Reverb B1 1x. Had an A2 version with the 1x remote before. Was really smooth, but there is the saggy post issue.
    Fox Transfer. Friend of mine has one and it seems awesome. Rebuilds are stupid expensive locally though.
    OneUp V1. The cheapest option. Seems to potentially have the binding issue as the Giant.

All feedback appreciated

Always in the wrong gear
    PNW components.

Reliable, smooth, cheap and great customer service if the need arises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shiftin' jumps and huckin' gears

Trying to be helpful
    +1 what he said ^^^
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5CA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Bob View Post
    Hi all

Looking to upgrade my Giant Contact dropper. I have a few options available and would like to try and get consensus of which is the best option. Ideally I'd like something completely reliable but as smooth as possible as the Giant one is a bit flaky when I comes to lowering it. I have to get my weight just so or it binds up a bit.

Options are:
    Bikeyoke Revive. Seems the smoothest and easiest to rebuild. Though I have heard it can develop some up and down play.
    Rockshox Reverb B1 1x. Had an A2 version with the 1x remote before. Was really smooth, but there is the saggy post issue.
    Fox Transfer. Friend of mine has one and it seems awesome. Rebuilds are stupid expensive locally though.
    OneUp V1. The cheapest option. Seems to potentially have the binding issue as the Giant.

All feedback appreciated
    Don't have a Revive...but do have the other three. For the money...the OneUp gives the best bang for the buck. I have two of them now. I had to replace the Transfer on one of my bikes for the OneUp because the Fox even fully inserted was still too long at full extension. I've had the Reverb A2 and now the B1. Neither have ever given me issues...but the hydraulic lever can be a pain when it needs to be bled.

A dropper for me just needs to go up and down reliably. If the OneUp can do it for $200...I don't see the need to pay more.

The good thing is if you want a used Transfer or Reverb for a good price...check the Pinkbike classifieds. There are tons of them for sale.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I have two Revives, previously I had a transfer and command post. There is no comparison, the revives are many seasons old now and they are amazing. I've serviced them. It's like everything else is filled with crunchy peanut butter, after you try the Revive. It's that smooth.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    New Reverb has a revive valve, improved action and shorter overall length/drop. Check out the PB review. I concur that the hydro remote remains dumb.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-...mmer-2019.html
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Hi all

Options are:

All feedback appreciated
    I am considering a OneUp v2.
    What is this binding issue?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Impetus View Post
    PNW components.

Reliable, smooth, cheap and great customer service if the need arises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bought the PNW Bachelor post a few months ago, and I have been very happy with it so far.

mtbr member
    Ended up going for an X-Fusion Manic dropper. Lever action is sublime, movement is ridiculously smooth and price was unbeatable. Very happy with it.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Ended up going for an X-Fusion Manic dropper. Lever action is sublime, movement is ridiculously smooth and price was unbeatable. Very happy with it.
    The real test is towards the end of a season at the end of a 100 mile race/ride
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    The real test is towards the end of a season at the end of a 100 mile race/ride
    This is true! Done my research and they seem to be pretty bulletproof with a cheap cartridge to replace if anything goes wrong. Specialized seems to have faith in them based on the number of their bikes that come with them as original equipment.