Difference Between Slim and Standard Ergon Grips?- Mtbr.com
    back in the saddle again

Difference Between Slim and Standard Ergon Grips?

I'm looking at the Ergon GE1 Evo grips but having trouble deciding if I should go with the Slim or Standard size. Is there any difference other than overall thickness?

I'm a female and my hands are medium leaning to small with gloves. Currently I'm riding mainly on paved trails and dirt on the side of the road so I'm not getting lots of techy terrain. I will eventually be getting back out to singletrack with some roots and rocks.

I'm pretty certain the Slim size will be a good fit for me in the long run but if anyone can help put the nail in the coffin so to speak, I appreciate it! Thanks.
    Just a Kitty cruisin' in the Rockies with her Pumpkin (TREK 820)

mtbr member
    I'm male and wear large gloves. I run GE1 slims grips. Of course the slims are a little thinner but not by much. It's mainly the circumference that's noticeably less as it's ~6x more than the diff in thickness. I like the shaping and feel. Previously I ran ESI Chunkies for a while and prefer slimmer grips. It is kind of a trade-off. Fatter distributes forces on you palms better whereas slim takes less effort to hold onto in rough terrain.
    What, me worry?

LCW
    mtbr member
    I like smaller diameter grips and decided to try the Ergon GE1 Evo Slim... Absolutely hated them. Hands were cramping up. Not sure if the standards would be better.

I really disliked how they were smaller diameter on the inboard side where you wrap your thumb and fore finger (which you think makes sense), but they flare out wider towards the ends. Felt like it was screwing my bar sweep.

So went back to what I was using which I should not have strayed away from in the first place, are the DMR Deathgrips in the THIN version, and flangeless. Almost the perfect grip. I wish the rubber was a bit grippier like on the Ergons, but the mechanical grip of them is fantastic with the knurl pattern and waffle grip under your fingers, and the mushroom portion under the thumb/fore-finger area is so comfy!

Santa Cruz Tallboy 4