Deity supracush.. good new for arthritic / prone to numbness hands.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2018

Deity supracush.. good new for arthritic / prone to numbness hands.

I have had the devils own time finding Grips I don't hate.. Ergon GA2 (didn't like it) OURY my hands are too big / grips too small didn't like it, few other grips I don't remember that I all hated..

about a year a go I put Deity Knuckledusters on my Trance.. it was immediate love.. much better than what I have before.. recently I became aware of Deity's new Supracush grip..and it is the absolute SHIT....as soon as a felt it on the bars... i knew this was going to be some good stuff...

I have raynauds syndrome and my hands go numb pretty quickly riding bikes usually... the new Deity grips haven't had any issue with this so far.. very comfortable... liking the grips like the company.. I guess I'm a fan boy::

My handlebar Deity Highside 50mm , grips Supracush and Pedals also Deity TMAC...

blah blah blah.. my favorite grips ever so far..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Deity supracush.. good new for arthritic / prone to numbness hands.-20200518_160807.jpg  

Last edited by atarione; 05-19-2020 at 06:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Those look legit, would like to feel a pair.
    I used to use their square waffle grips that bulged in the middle, they were damn good. Big fan of sensus lite's last couple seasons running but would like a bit more circumference. I find it's a fine between a bit of sponge and a vague feel, how spongy are they?

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WHALENARD; 05-19-2020 at 06:28 AM.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

EAT MORE GRIME
    used to use ODI rogue...now supracush

they're legit. got a pair, rode 4 hours, hands felt great, forearms felt great
    got another pair for the other bike, rode that one 4 hours....same deal... hands are the last thing I'm thinking about now

these grips are pretty good.
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    Those look legit, would like to feel a pair.
    I used to use their square waffle grips that bulged in the middle, they were damn good. Big fan of sensus lite's last couple seasons running but would like a bit more circumference. I find it's a fine between a bit of sponge and a vague feel, how spongy are they?

they didn't feel spongy to me.. just bit thick 34mm OD and cushiony..To me nothing felt vague with these grips the bike control / feel was good.. just my hands that tend to get numb didn't really at all with these... I got a pair for my wife as well on here Liv Intrigue, she likes them also..

very legit grips imho.

EAT MORE GRIME
    ^ditto

they do not feel initially different or squishy or vague,
    they feel like my regular grips to be honest...so rode with these
    not really sure what would happen. uneventful is a way to describe it.

hands don't go numb anymore, no need to shake them out,
    no need to 'clamp my forearm and release' to get rid of the
    occasional arm pump. I'm pretty happy with them

never using ODI again but will miss my colored clamps
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Think I'll pick up a pair, thanks boys.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I have Raynauds too, but that's not from vibrations or position, it's from cold and foam grips help a tiny bit, since they don't transmit heat as well, but it's a cold problem, not a grip problem. The fingers go white and blood does not flow to the extremities (my toes/feet do it too).

If your hands are going numb in warm conditions, it shouldn't be Raynauds.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    I have Raynauds too, but that's not from vibrations or position, it's from cold and foam grips help a tiny bit, since they don't transmit heat as well, but it's a cold problem, not a grip problem. The fingers go white and blood does not flow to the extremities (my toes/feet do it too).

If your hands are going numb in warm conditions, it shouldn't be Raynauds.

In my case I apparently hit the jackpot because i inherited ?? primary Raynaud's from my mom, but I also seem to have secondary Raynaud's that can indeed be triggered by vibration.. So I have been told, anything that makes my hands vibrate (running a orbital sander say) very much at all, make my hands go numb and white... cold does it as well certainly..

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    would rather have the wolfstooth new thick foam grip

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by atarione View Post
    In my case I apparently hit the jackpot because i inherited ?? primary Raynaud's from my mom, but I also seem to have secondary Raynaud's that can indeed be triggered by vibration.. So I have been told, anything that makes my hands vibrate (running a orbital sander say) very much at all, make my hands go numb and white... cold does it as well certainly..
    Should be your finger tips, then working down from the tips. It sounds more like you have a nerve issue, which is very common with cyclists and grips. I don't have that one, but I do have Raynauds. The primary effect is: "arteries to your fingers and toes go into vasospasm when exposed to cold or stress, narrowing your vessels and temporarily limiting blood supply." Fingers go numb because they are cold. The arteries basically shut off blood, being "fooled" that your body is too cold and they need to do so to preserve the core. The effect of body parts going numb is related to nerves (I've studied a lot in Ergonomics).

If you aren't experiencing the white finger tips and your hands are going numb, you might want to see a doctor, it may not be Raynauds. If you've been diagnosed, then please disregard.
    Last edited by Jayem; 05-21-2020 at 09:30 AM.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    yep and yep. about a month in, lots of hard riding through BC jank and chunder. best grips i've ever tried, they designed a serious winner here. love the single clamp, love the 3mm bolt (now common on many grips, which is a big improvement) and the feel and comfort is outstanding. weird side benefit- i lean my bike against things, including my truck. the bar end is soft and not marking. love em!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Any of you using these ever have ESI chunky to compare to?
    Had ODI Rogue, tried Ergons and now on Chunkys.

Have a large hand so need a large dia grip.
    Ripley LS v3
    OG Ripley v2 handed down to son

EAT MORE GRIME
    i'v used ESI

ESI fall/rip apart at the slightest thing like bumping a tree.
    useless if you ride the hairy edge a lot imho

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I gave up with lock-ons. The plastic sleeve touching the bar and thin rubber/padding makes them miserable. I switched to push-on grips and love every minute of it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Fajita Dave View Post
    I gave up with lock-ons. The plastic sleeve touching the bar and thin rubber/padding makes them miserable. I switched to push-on grips and love every minute of it.
    So what does that mean? you consider these push on and using them? Some context would go a long way.
    Ripley LS v3

Keep on Rockin...
    How are the ends holding up?

A big limiter in the grips I use is if their ends can withstand some trauma. I love the feel of Ergons but if I catch the end on a tree as I pass by they tear like tissue paper.

Also, how are they with bare handed riding? A big reason I gave up on Oury's was those big flat blocks get slick with even the slightest amount of sweat. A finer, sharper grip pattern seems to work better for bare handers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    So what does that mean? you consider these push on and using them? Some context would go a long way.
    Lock on grips have a plastic sleeve inside that the grip material is glued to. That's what makes the lock-on work so you can clamp it to the bar with that one screw. Since there is a stiff plastic sleeve the rubber needs to be thinner to maintain a small enough diameter which results in a lot of vibration and impact being transfered into your hands.

A push-on grip is just the rubber, silicone or foam that the grip is made of. For the same diameter grip the material will be much thicker and absorb a lot more vibration and impact without that stiff plastic sleeve. They come with an adhesive coating on the inside. Soak them in alcohol and push them onto your bars. When the alcohol dries the adhesive sets.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Lock on grips have a plastic sleeve inside that the grip material is glued to. That's what makes the lock-on work so you can clamp it to the bar with that one screw. Since there is a stiff plastic sleeve the rubber needs to be thinner to maintain a small enough diameter which results in a lot of vibration and impact being transfered into your hands.

A push-on grip is just the rubber, silicone or foam that the grip is made of. For the same diameter grip the material will be much thicker and absorb a lot more vibration and impact without that stiff plastic sleeve. They come with an adhesive coating on the inside. Soak them in alcohol and push them onto your bars. When the alcohol dries the adhesive sets.
    I know the difference, you just random shit in the middle of discussion about a specific grip with no context.
    Ripley LS v3

EAT MORE GRIME
    end toughness ? some...I've bumped some trees and OK but I haven't skidded across a rock face which an ODI would laugh at..would expect supracush to get a tear in this scenario

tougher than a silicone foam grip oh hell yes
    tougher than and ODI end clamp and cap, no, but haven't ripped them yet

bare handed ? I always wear gloves on any bike ride, 100%. but I'd expect these to be slippy if I didn't wear gloves and it was 100deg out and my hands were soup.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    end toughness ? some...I've bumped some trees and OK but I haven't skidded across a rock face which an ODI would laugh at..would expect supracush to get a tear in this scenario

tougher than a silicone foam grip oh hell yes
    tougher than and ODI end clamp and cap, no, but haven't ripped them yet

bare handed ? I always wear gloves on any bike ride, 100%. but I'd expect these to be slippy if I didn't wear gloves and it was 100deg out and my hands were soup.....
    the end toughness.. is ok... (mine are pretty new) assuming they are ~similar to the Knuckledusters I had before in this regard... despite some tree bumping / dumping the bike over into rocks... the end of my Knuckledusters were a bit scuffed up but no tears.

I almost always wear gloves, I did ride around a bit with the supracush grips bare handed and I don't think slipping is going to be an issue seems really grippy and hands felt secure.

Keep on Rockin...
    Blacks look out of stock almost everywhere. Anyone know where blacks can be had?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    I know the difference, you just random shit in the middle of discussion about a specific grip with no context.
    The context is any lock-on is miserable compared to the extra cushion you get from a push-on. I didn't need to spell it out anymore in my first post because I make posts way to long all the time.

Admittedly I haven't tried to supracush. I might give it a shot. I've tried quite a few lock-ons for the convenience but get arm pump and hand pain on long downhills with all of them. I have zero hand pain or arm pump on the same descents with push-on silicon and foam grips.

Elitest thrill junkie
    The context is any lock-on is miserable compared to the extra cushion you get from a push-on. I didn't need to spell it out anymore in my first post because I make posts way to long all the time.

Admittedly I haven't tried to supracush. I might give it a shot. I've tried quite a few lock-ons for the convenience but get arm pump and hand pain on long downhills with all of them. I have zero hand pain or arm pump on the same descents with push-on silicon and foam grips.
    This is why I like the Oury grips, they have those big soft blocks that provide some real cushion, even in lock-ons. I have some RF lock-ons right now and yeah, they suffer from that basic issue of the rubber being too thin. Grip has to be just the right diameter and provide just the right amount of cushion for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    Blacks look out of stock almost everywhere. Anyone know where blacks can be had?
    Looks like Universal Cycles has some.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    This is why I like the Oury grips, they have those big soft blocks that provide some real cushion, even in lock-ons. I have some RF lock-ons right now and yeah, they suffer from that basic issue of the rubber being too thin. Grip has to be just the right diameter and provide just the right amount of cushion for me.
    They always looked super chunky to me so I stayed away from them. I never bothered to look at the actual diameter though. I'm with you on the grip diameter. If it's to large my right hand starts to ache.

Keep on Rockin...
    For over 15 years Oury's were my favorite. After a few years on the Lock On flavor the hard outer lock ring bothered my hands that hang over the edge. The newer Oury's with the single inner lock ring feel very different and not nearly as nice as the older versions. I do have a brandy new pair of push on Oury's ready to go.

I'm actually debating on whether to use those push ons or try the Dietys.

EAT MORE GRIME
    used ODI rogue on all my bikes till these

when I first grabbed these I felt zero in grip size change.

side by side they look identical, I'd need calipers to check
    which is bigger honestly

to be honest not having to deal with hand/pump issues has really extended my fun while extending my rides...never realized how much even a short few minutes on a ride dealing with some grip issue which can be 'shaken/pressure-pointed' away takes away from the overall fun times.

still, in a way the jury is still out on these because they don't 'stand out' and feel different very much...I can only notice lack of hand/pump problems...it's weird they seem to be working but super stealth about it