busted Fox Transfer- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2019

busted Fox Transfer

So my Fox Transfer dropper post broke yesterday (pic below). This is my first dropper post and I was starting to get the hang of using it, when I would remember to do so. Is this a repairable item, or did this metal failure spell the end and mean that I need to start trying to figure out what a replacement might be. Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails busted Fox Transfer-20200419_181109.jpg  

mtbr member
    Yikes! Call Fox up and see what they say (ridefox.com). Maybe you will get a discount or even a replacement if it is a warranty thing. Otherwise there are several highly rated dropper posts that are in the $200 range. I have a 3+year old Transfer and it works perfectly and haven't done anything to maintain it. My Bike Yoke Revive on my other bike is great too--I can flip a lever to restore it to perfection in seconds (I have to do this about twice a year).

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Unfortunately, I bought the bike from someone else, so a warranty claim probably won't fly, but it might be worth contacting Fox to see about a discount, if the Transfer model is the way to go. Does anyone have recommendations about reliable replacements?

mtbr member
    Do a google search for "dropper post reviews". A lot of people seem to like the One Up (latest model) and PNW Components is another popular brand. If your current bike has a good remote that is compatible you can save some dough. (PNW's loam lever and WolfTooth's ReMote are considered by many to be the best levers).

Since your picture shows your Transfer sticking several inches above the seat tube, consider getting a post with more drop assuming you can get the post inserted deeper into the frame (some posts are better than others in that regard). PNW's posts can be adjusted very easily for the amount of drop which is pretty convenient if you occasionally lend out your bike or order a post that is a little too tall.