Broken Dropper Post- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2017

Upset Broken Dropper Post

I received a Fox Transfer in the mail a couple days ago, opened the box, and found this. See attached photos.

The dropper is "supposedly" brand new. I found the piece that is missing, floating around in the box. I can't seem to find it right now, but I believe other posts have it too. It's just a small, integrated routing hole the cable wire protrudes through.

I contacted the merchant, but as of now, they are extremely reluctant to help me. They basically said I'm SOL, an answer I am not happy with. I can either (1) initiate a chargeback on my CC, or (2) bite the bullet and use it as-is.

Aside from the broken cable stop/routing piece at the end, the dropper functions as it should.

Will this lack of a cable stop/routing hole be a problem? In theory, the nipple could become more easily dislodged from the dropper with it missing. But I'm biting at straws here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Broken Dropper Post-img_3251.jpg  

Broken Dropper Post-img_3250.jpg  

damned rocks...
    You can't use as it is. You need the cable stop at the end of the house for the mechanism to work properly.
    Better initiate the chargeback and get a new one from a more reputable seller.

since 4/10/2009
    You received a broken product. Either they sent you a broken product, or it broke in transit. A good merchant will take care of you either way (and take it up with the shipper, as the shipper requires, if it's the correct course of action). Poor merchants are why credit cards give you the ability to dispute charges.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Chargebacks can be very messy and take time. I would contact Fox and demand a top of line replacement, shipped 2-3 days.

Post name of retailer on MTBR is an option, too. But may burn bridge.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    So was it just a shipping box with the post in it or was the post inside the product box inside of a box or just the product box?
    The reason I ask this is that if was brand new, mostly likely it would have been securely packed in the product box and damage should not have occurred. Was there any obvious damage to the box or boxes?
    EXODUX Jeff

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Hurricane Jeff, it was the latter, which is why I was baffled that it was damaged. It was inside the original fox box, inside of another box. However, upon opening the fox box, I could clearly see signs of damage to the box at the end where the bottom of the post sits. There were dozens of little punctures at the end, indicating that it may've repeatedly stabbed the cardboard and broke off.

mtbr member
    dis you use your CC directly or paypal? Is the seller an authorized fox dealer?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I would contact the seller once more, send pictures if need be. If you still get the run around, contact your CC company and get a refund. Like someone said, thats why there are protections using your CC because of sellers like this.
    EXODUX Jeff

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    If the seller does nothing, and CC puts it on you to work out refund with seller, then go to Fox. I would only commence charge back process as a last resort.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    If you get no help from the seller or shipper, JB Weld and double or single strap joint.
    http://cdn.yourarticlelibrary.com/wp...mage014-20.jpg
    Almost = Didn't