BikeYoke REVIVE - Info, Tipps, Tricks, Troubleshooting - Page 3- Mtbr.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    The steps you describe sound correct and this should solve the "sponginess".
    Here is a video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGHbunAKrm4

Since you have also sent me an e-mail, I will now go an reply to that one, as I don't think it makes sense to write everyting twice. I just didnīt want to leave oyur post here unanswered.
    BikeYoke staff member - www.bikeyoke.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Thanks for your response Sacki. I also got your email, and per your request, I have sent short videos illustrating the issue and performing the reset function. I wanted to make sure everyone on this thread knows Sacki responded VERY quickly, and concisely, and we're working through the issue. I don't know the final resolution, but if it's something usable for the forum I will post it here.

Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
    Sep 2010
    .......I didnīt want to leave oyur post here unanswered.[/QUOTE]

Classic Ironic German humor, in a seatpost forum. We love you Sacki.
    Buy American, save lives. (Tough for cyclists)

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I felt it is appropriate to let everyone know that I am VERY impressed with how BikeYoke and their US service arm, BTI, handled my issue with the Revive. There is always a mixed bag of responses and attention to detail within the bike industry, so when someone does a great job, they deserve recognition.

They set up my return ticket with very thorough information, and I shipped the post out.
    They received my post, let me know it was in-house and in the queue. They performed the service on it, which I'm assuming was something that failed that shouldn't have, because it was covered under warranty, and shipped it back with a very short turnaround. They told me when it was shipped back out to me, with the tracking link, and it came right on time for me to have it for this long weekend.

THEY NAILED IT!! Very smooth, no surpises, and very responsive. They won my business for dropper posts, and I will make sure to let everyone know how well that went. I have had the complete opposite response on dropper posts in the past, so this was a refreshing change. Cheers to you Sacki, Pete, and Kane!

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    As for replacing old lower stanchion bushing #41 and lower stanchion bushing washer #42 with new lower bushing (IGUS) #57 - what was the reason to apply that new type of bushing?
    I'm asking cause "old" washer is metall, new one is plastic.. You know .. We like metall.. )

https://www.bikeyoke.de/en/revive-service-kit.html

OK

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    The reason is simple:
    We teamed up with IGUS and make a custom mold for this bushing.
    This allows more precise tolerances and easier assembly.
    The metal washer did not have any function besides keeping the teflon glide ring in place, so no woerries about making this things from IGUS material.

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Is it possible to buy a "REVIVE upper tube" #11 ? I don't see it in Spare parts...
    OK

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    This is possible, but you'd have to go through one of our service centers. We do not have all spares in our webshop, especially, if the might be compatibility isses.
    But we can get you any part you need, if neccessary.
    If you shoot me an e-mail, I can get you sorted. Please also send me a photo of the lower tube with the serial number, so I can check if the tubes are compatible or if you also need a new REVIVE unit.

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Oh, no no, mine is fine. I was just asking out of curiosity after not seeing it among lot of other spare parts.
    Compatibility issues? I guees all uppers are the same for - 30.9, 160 Revive...

P.S. Well, I got some tiny scratch, so maybe in far far future I'll want to swap upper tube.
    P.P.S. I can easily do it by myself, so I just need spare part, not service center.
    P.P.P.S By the way, where is that serial number placed on upper tube?
    OK

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    No serial number on the upper tube. It is on the lower tube.

Not all upper tubes are same. If I remember correctly, we made a change on the RESET unit housing (#19 on the explosion drawing) in 2018 and this also require a change in the upper tube machining.
    Besides this, all other internal parts are compatible with each other from day 1 until now.

Giant Reign Advanced 1

Last edited by ka81ua; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:12 PM.
    OK

mtbr member
    Well, at the end (thankfully) of my first lap at my local this morning before work I sat on my seat and it rotated under my butt. I didn't realize I had a new-fangled RotationPost! Well, following the youtube lower tube service video, I just pulled it apart for the first time (MY first time, supposedly my LBS serviced it once) to find things kind of dirty inside, and to my surprise the inner circlip at the cartridge sealhead seems to have disintegrated. It was in several pieces. I guess this allowed the guiding pins to drop out and then the post to spin. Glad I was only a few minutes away from my car as riding around on a spinning seat is amazingly strange! I guess it's time to order a service kit. This might be an argument against storing my bike upright. I wonder if water inside my frame is flowing "up" the seattube and into my post.

BikeYoke REVIVE - Info, Tipps, Tricks, Troubleshooting-img_20200602_171450.jpg

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Just did a service yesterday. Inside is clean as in the new.
    That rusted circlip is .. strange. )
    OK

damned rocks...
    My Revive is already over three years old, last month out of boredom I did a full service because I think it had lost oil and was making me use the revive function more than normal. Bellow is a photo I took, as you can see my circlip is as new, not a spec of rust, and I ride all year around, even when it's raining and occasionally under a downpour.

As ka81ua mentioned, that amount of corrosion is strange.

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglo View Post
    a full service
    by the way, on your pic I see only one service kit (the one with pins https://www.bikeyoke.de/en/revive-service-kit.html ), but while Full Servicing you should swap almost all the o-rings ( https://www.bikeyoke.de/en/revive-o-ring-kit.html )..
    OK

damned rocks...
    You are right.
    But as I said, I did it out of boredom .
    So I hadn't the complete kit with me at the time and my intention was just to change and make sure the oil level was right.
    If after the service the seatpost was still showing the same symptoms, then I would get the full kit and would do everything again. But after the service I haven't use the revive function even a single time. So it was probably just the oil level as I suspected.

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    There are 2 issues that interesting to discuss:

1) some vertical "line". Actualy, it's not one line - it's two vertical scuffs, and from aside it looks like there's a one scuff-line )
    I still don't get the reason, so maybe someone knows something ))
    p.s. yes, it's in the place where one of pins. no, pins were alright. those two scuffs actualy laying on right and left sides from pin, not on pin itself. i don't remember (didn't notice) when it started to appear. dropper works fine.

2) 2 weeks ago I changed pins for new ones (just cause I can )) ). well, 2 weeks later ... they are damaged! They (all 6) are slightly arched in the middles. And of course some scuffs apeeared on pins in the middles.
    p.s. yes, I already bought another one service kit with new pins. can't figure out the reason. (

OK

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Also noticed bended pins in mine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I am pretty sure the pins are bent to help reduce rotational play.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    I'm looking at either the Revive, Divine or the Fox 2021.

Reading reviews online, the Divine seems to not have a "machined" head, meaning the post and the head are one piece or better integrated than on the Revive?
    Last edited by GavinFromLA; 1 Week Ago at 10:56 AM.

EAT MORE GRIME
    can confirm pins are pre-bent from factory
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

Proudly Plus-Sized
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinFromLA View Post
    I'm looking at either the Revive, Divine or the Fox 2021.

Reading reviews online, the Divine seems to not have a "machined" head, meaning the post and the head are one piece or better integrated than on the Divine?
    I donít quite understand your question, but I have one of the new Revives with the machined 1-piece upper tube, and redesigned seat clamp. Not sure if thatís also on the Divine.
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    new Revives

machined 1-piece upper tube

redesigned seat clamp
    could you, please, post real photos?
    Thanx.
    OK

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    OK, a lot has happened in the past two weeks, since I was here last time, sorry I didn't see, yet.

Let me try to explain a few things:

1. Broken C-Clip:
    Water inside the frame is the main reason for troubles on our posts. Modern frames tend to have many openings for cables through which water can get inside the frame. Once the water is in the frame, it is not easy to get it out, especially if the frame design does not have proper draining holes. Water inside the frame will eventually evaporate and so you have moist/huid climate inside the frame. This can cause corrosion not only on/in the post, but also on any frame bearings or the BB. This is a big issue of modern frame designs.
    Putting the bike upside down while water is inside the frame can make things even worse (for example ot clean the downtube) because it can cause the water not only get to the bottom of the post (you can see on the picture from solamnbunant, that dirty water must have gotten to the bottom of the post, hence the dirty foot part), but also inside th post. Of course this can then also cause corrosion on the pins and the bushings and other parts inside the post. Not even mentioning the dirt, which will be flushed inside the post with the dirty/contaminated water and causes excessive wear.
    If the post is used regularly, then you won't probably feel a lot of difference in the beginning, besides maybe the post being a little more sticky. But if the post stays wet for weeks or months without use, the parts can corrode. That is why it is important to keep the frame dry and it is wise to make sure the post is freshly serviced/greased, dry and clean, before it goes out of use for a longer period of time.
    Water getting inside the post through the wiper is highly unlikely, the moisture comes from inside the frame.

2. Oil loss:
    When we started production we used a u-cup inside the sealhead as a shaft seal. After testing, we switched to an o-ring seal (sealhead remained identical) due to better friction values, while still excellent sealing function. However, it turned out, that o-ring tolerances (although we get tose specific o-ring from Japan) can cause the seal to weep small amounts of oil. Over time, the oil level will become lower and lower to a point where it is too low and you need to reset more often. We went back to u-cup as I can not recall ever have a single issue with a leaking u-cup. Post with o-ring instead of u-cup have only been produced for a couple of months.

3. The shape of the pins is perfectly fine as it is seen on the pictures above.
    Since many, including big companies, start to copy the shit out of our posts, I would like you to understand, that I would like to not disclose any more of our post design publicly.

4. DIVINE does not have a machined upper tube unit. Not sure, where this information comes from, but it is not correct.

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sacki View Post
    3. The shape of the pins is perfectly fine as it is seen on the pictures above.
    Since many, including big companies, start to copy the shit out of our posts, I would like you to understand, that I would like to not disclose any more of our post design publicly.
    On my photos (if we're talking bout them) it's not obvious, in reality - there's a real arch in the middle. It's hard (almost impossible) to see it on my photos..

Could you please tell me, can I get Upper Tube somehow? How much? ))

P.S. After 2.5 (since Sunday, 01. April 2018 #403224) years of using your dropper all the time everywhere - it's still just da best. Period. ))
    OK

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I know what you mean. The pins are perfectly fine. ;-)

It is possible to get upper tubes, and any other spare part, but for some parts we'd have to check compatibility before, that's why thos eparts are not in the webshop to buy straight away.
    If you upper tube is not compatible, we'd also have to include new reset assembly parts.
    Not a big deal but need to check case by case.
    I just saw your serial number and a 1709... is very close to the production date of the running change we made, so to be on the safe side, we should also include the reset assembly just in case. You can also send a picture to me (via mail), then I can definitely tell you, if you need or not.

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    I know what you mean. The pins are perfectly fine. ;-)

It is possible to get upper tubes, and any other spare part, but for some parts we'd have to check compatibility before, that's why thos eparts are not in the webshop to buy straight away.
    If you upper tube is not compatible, we'd also have to include new reset assembly parts.
    Not a big deal but need to check case by case.
    I just saw your serial number and a 1709... is very close to the production date of the running change we made, so to be on the safe side, we should also include the reset assembly just in case. You can also send a picture to me (via mail), then I can definitely tell you, if you need or not.
    what kind of pictures should I take?

my post is 30.9 / 160
    Order 403224 04/01/2018
    Product REV160309TB
    OK

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Sorry, of course. My bad...
    I meant pictures of the part #19 on the explosion drawing, so I can identify the version.

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Sorry, of course. My bad...
    I meant pictures of the part #19 on the explosion drawing, so I can identify the version.
    Revive seal head? The part inside cartridge?

Uhm... Okey... I'll try (although I wouldn't like tofully disassemble internals , cause dropper is working fine and I use it everyday.. ) ..
    Without that picture there's no any possibility to decide? )
    OK

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Ok, I ended up getting the Divine yesterday.

The question was referring to review at the link below which states:

"The Revive features some more CNC machined parts and thus looks more premium. The Divine on the other hand features the same clamping mechanism, screws and overall design. Both posts get full points in terms of quality and design"

1) What I am asking if the Divine, due to it being newer, was built in hind sight of the issue with the machined head of the Revive causing problems. Hence maybe it is "3D printed" like a lot of German small bike parts and not machined and maybe structurally stronger and lighter?

2) People are now mentioning a one piece upper tube unit that is machined, on the newer Revives. How do you know if a post on say Backcountry is the newer design (if it exists).

3) All I want to know is if the Divine I purchased, in full knowledge of there being issues for some people with the Revive, will have less chance of these issues because it was designed with the benefit of hind sight. Specifically the issue with the seat clamp snapping off.

@Sacki, as an owner of an engineering company and having worked in Germany for many years, what sometimes helps in dealing with customers in US is transparency and a timeline. People totally want to support your company that is obvious and if there is an issue, they understand it is all part of building a successful business and as you can see will work with you through it. What I would suggest though is a post where you say for example:

Jan 2019: First reports of issue come in.
    Mar 2019: We work on the issue and decided x to fix it.
    Jun 2019: We ship the first updated Revive post with new design.
    Sept 2019: We switch to 3D printed/forged for new Divine post due to xyz.

https://awesome-mtb.com/bikeyoke-rev...ne-comparison/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BikeYoke REVIVE - Info, Tipps, Tricks, Troubleshooting-dsc05788_web.jpg  

Proudly Plus-Sized

"The Revive features some more CNC machined parts and thus looks more premium. The Divine on the other hand features the same clamping mechanism, screws and overall design. Both posts get full points in terms of quality and design"

1) What I am asking if the Divine, due to it being newer, was built in hind sight of the issue with the machined head of the Revive causing problems. Hence maybe it is "3D printed" like a lot of German small bike parts and not machined and maybe structurally stronger and lighter?

2) People are now mentioning a one piece upper tube unit that is machined, on the newer Revives. How do you know if a post on say Backcountry is the newer design (if it exists).

3) All I want to know is if the Divine I purchased, in full knowledge of there being issues for some people with the Revive, will have less chance of these issues because it was designed with the benefit of hind sight. Specifically the issue with the seat clamp snapping off.

@Sacki, as an owner of an engineering company and having worked in Germany for many years, what sometimes helps in dealing with customers in US is transparency and a timeline. People totally want to support your company that is obvious and if there is an issue, they understand it is all part of building a successful business and as you can see will work with you through it. What I would suggest though is a post where you say for example:

My *new* post looks like the one on the left with the machined 1-piece head, which is different from the forged head of the one that was a lemon and was replaced by Sacki.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Ok @blaklabl, I'm getting close to the info!

The Revive originally had a non-machined forged head. The issue was highlighted and it was replaced with a machined 1-piece head.

The Divine has the forged head, and so would have the old Revive design and thus, maybe prone to the issue of snapping?

@Sacki, I'm just looking for the best of the two posts to purchase that has been built specifically to avoid the snapping issue, even if it is a *very* small number that fail.

Looking at the posts in the review, you can clearly see that the seat post clamp is machined due to visible grooves (first and second image). However the Revive on Backcountry (third image) is clearly forged to my eyes and thus is older and does may snap. The Divine has the forged head and is new, so it may or may not snap.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BikeYoke REVIVE - Info, Tipps, Tricks, Troubleshooting-machined.jpg  

BikeYoke REVIVE - Info, Tipps, Tricks, Troubleshooting-machined-2.jpg  

BikeYoke REVIVE - Info, Tipps, Tricks, Troubleshooting-non-machined.jpg  

Proudly Plus-Sized

The Revive originally had a non-machined forged head. The issue was highlighted and it was replaced with a machined 1-piece head.

The Divine has the forged head, and so would have the old Revive design and thus, maybe prone to the issue of snapping?

@Sacki, I'm just looking for the best of the two posts to purchase that has been built specifically to avoid the snapping issue, even if it is a *very* small number that fail.

Looking at the posts in the review, you can clearly see that the seat post clamp is machined due to visible grooves (first and second image). However the Revive on Backcountry (third image) is clearly forged to my eyes and thus is older and does may snap. The Divine has the forged head and is new, so it may or may not snap.

Well youíll be happy to know that the seat clamp, while also improved and revised, still kept the original design feature of a creaking that WILL NOT GO AWAY.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Well youíll be happy to know that the seat clamp, while also improved and revised, still kept the original design feature of a creaking that WILL NOT GO AWAY.
    I just cancelled my order, I had a look at the Bike Yoke site and it seems that all the posts there have the old forged design, from the images at least. So I think that there is a bit too much opaqueness around what you might end up with. I'll definitely check out Bike Yoke again, but will buy the new 2021 fox instead.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017

Wow, OK.

1) You are mixing a lot of things here. The REVIVE with the new head design cab be seen on the picture on the left. This is the new CNC "machined" head, the upper tube unit is made of one single piece by 3D forging and then the head is machined afterwards. There has never been an issue with a "machined" REVIVE head, unless you are referring to something else, when referring to "machined".
    While the outer appearence is basically same, the DIVINE has a complete different head and upper tube design because of different internals. DIVINE has been on the market since 2018, used from several OE companies and we just started offering them aftermarket in late summer last year. Zero DIVINE posts have had an issue with a structural failure since marlet entry.

2) I don't know, you would probably have to ask them, but I am not sure if they even know the difference. This new upper tube is a running change, that has been implemented into production step by step, so far without notice, just as we have not mentioned other small updates before that.

3)We would not be selling the DIVINE if we would'nt trust in the design and if we knew there were some problems we should work on. Again: There have been zero (0) reported cases of a structurally failed DIVINE in two years.

I can understand, that people want the newest stuff and would not lik to buy anything outdated, if someting new is about to come out. I totally get that. That is why we will not officially announce anything before we know that most of the old stock is already sold out.
    The REVIVE has also received other updates before this "one piece" upper tube and we did not announce: Upper clamps (twice redesigned), bolts (twice redesigned), foot part (once redesigned), wiper (once redesigned). Those are all changes that we do in running production, because we get new technical options or because we have the ability to invest in new moulds or other reasons. We always kept improving and we always will. If you want to wait for the latest updated, then you will wait forever, because another update is sure to come.
    The redesign of the upper tube was not only because of some structurally failed posts , but because something else is about to come together with the new design, which made this design necessary.
    When talking about structurally failed post, we are still talking about only roughly 60-70 units out of roughly 45,000-50,000 produced posts until today - with most of those posts something at least being curious. Be it that the saddle clamps were installed in reverse, or the saddles were slammed all the way back over the limits, or other curiosities.
    Only a very small number of posts failed, where we have no idea what could have happened (if the customer's information was all honest, what I never question).
    The last customer here, who reported a failure in this forum had his upper and lower clamps installed in reverse. You can even see it on the picture in this thread. yet, we did replace withotu any additional cost for the customer.
    I show you something else we have to deal with daily. This just came in yesterday:

The customer is claiming a broken upper clamp. Now have a look at the bolts and nut he was using.
    I am not saying our product is 100% bomb-proof, but it is far away from being likely to fail, if you treat it as it is supposed to be treated. Occasional failures without explanation are unfortunately hard to avoid and can happen, but we are talking about very very very small numbers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BikeYoke REVIVE - Info, Tipps, Tricks, Troubleshooting-anmerkung-2020-06-22-092105.jpg  

BikeYoke REVIVE - Info, Tipps, Tricks, Troubleshooting-anmerkung-2020-06-22-0912105.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2017

No, the DIVINE DOES NOT have the forged head of the REVIVE. It has a different head design, because of different internals and is not prone to fail. Also the REVIVE is not "prone" to fail.
    The REVIVES that are on sale now - even if not the latest 3D forged one piece upper tube - have another, updated head design than the ones which you are referring to, when speaking of "failed" ones. In late 2019, we have introduced another running change in the head design and we have not heard of a single case that has failed of these ones. We are costantly making small changes, if we think we can improve things easily.

This what today happens, is what made (and makes) it complicated for me trying to offering forum support, because we sometimes tell too much and people start to wonder adn worry about things that sometimes do not deserve this much attention.
    I understand, that you are just trying to figure out things, but in you last two comments there were so many false or at least confusing information, which makes it hard for other customers to know, what is right or wrong. Not everyone is following this thread from the beginning to the end. If they only read your post, they get a wring impression, and possibly even false information.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I just cancelled my order, I had a look at the Bike Yoke site and it seems that all the posts there have the old forged design, from the images at least. So I think that there is a bit too much opaqueness around what you might end up with. I'll definitely check out Bike Yoke again, but will buy the new 2021 fox instead.
    Because we do not update the pictures, before the redesign is not officially released.
    Also, the DIVINE will not receive a machined upper head or a one oiece upper tube design.

Also I don't believe that webshops do always update their pictures, if the manufacturer decides to make minor changes. We as any other manufacturer - do make small running changes without notice and that is perfectly normal and fine. If you think a XY fork or frame or shock - just because it is the same model year - is always the exact same product then I am afraid I have to disappoint you. If a manufcturer would always make public notcice about detail changes, he could also well stop trying to sell "old" stock, once the notice is made.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Sacki, you said it yourself "because we sometimes tell too much and people start to wonder and worry about things that sometimes do not deserve this much attention."

You need to be totally transparent. From the above post there are now it seems 3 different Revive posts, with in your own words, one having the latest improved machined single piece design. When someone is willing to shell out $400+ for something in a crowded market and in light of failures that are in public review comments on Amazon etc *and* without any clear identifiable versioning, you end up with people like me wondering what version they are going to get. People will try to work out what versions are available and are sensible to do so. If they are mixed up, then that is a symptom of the lack of clarity.

Other companies do revs, so you have Revive 2018, 2019, 2020, with each clearly identifiable, if not by year, at least by SKU. What we have here is not a lot of clarity.

Like the only place I see the improved single tube version is as a replacement or in a single review. Like is this version even released or available for purchase? This is what lack of transparency causes, people question the brand. At this end of the market, it is not about money, it is about having *the* best. If there is some elusive machined lastest version that is the best, but you might get some other version that isn't, people will return it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Because we do not update the pictures, before the redesign is not officially released.
    Also, the DIVINE will not receive a machined upper head or a one oiece upper tube design.

Also I don't believe that webshops do always update their pictures, if the manufacturer decides to make minor changes. We as any other manufacturer - do make small running changes without notice and that is perfectly normal and fine. If you think a XY fork or frame or shock - just because it is the same model year - is always the exact same product then I am afraid I have to disappoint you. If a manufcturer would always make public notcice about detail changes, he could also well stop trying to sell "old" stock, once the notice is made.
    Ok Sacki, reading between the lines, the machined head is not out yet, but is on the way. You have me as a customer when that arrives. People will work with you on it, but you need to be clear. You can't have reviews out there circulating with an improved version that is a differentiator (the reviewer clearly states it is more high end feel) and not being clear that this version is not yet out. People will always forgive improvements and see that as totally natural evolution of a brand, but less forgiving if they feel they are not being dealt with transparently. As I said before, you're at the top end of the market, so that also comes with responsibility.

Proudly Plus-Sized
    I want to be fair to Sacki in this; the post I received does have the most current and updated seat clamp hardware. It was silent for a couple rides and then started creaking. We corresponded today and he gave me a few more ideas of how to rectify it, which I will try when I get around to putting it back in my bike. Right now Iím not in a wrenching mood (hot garage in AZ summer) and want to just ride when I get the chance, so Iím rolling with a straight post for now. Iím hoping I can use some of the tips to address it and it will work better than ever.

Thanks all, and thanks to Sacki for always jumping in to help.

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Ok Sacki, reading between the lines, the machined head is not out yet, but is on the way. You have me as a customer when that arrives. People will work with you on it, but you need to be clear. You can't have reviews out there circulating with an improved version that is a differentiator (the reviewer clearly states it is more high end feel) and not being clear that this version is not yet out. People will always forgive improvements and see that as totally natural evolution of a brand, but less forgiving if they feel they are not being dealt with transparently. As I said before, you're at the top end of the market, so that also comes with responsibility.
    Need, must, transparent,...
    Are you serious writing all your latest posts here ?!..
    OK

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Let me explain something again:
    ALL REVIVES, that we have delivered from our factory to distributors from late May on already are equipped with the new upper tube unit. We have been doing this, so that our distributors and dealers in the US don't have to worry about any more old stock, once the press release is going to happen around end of July.
    Distributors have been informed, so they know, what is going to happen in about one month from now. Our posts have a very fast turnraround, because we produce on demand and not just blow out as much as we can like other companies - especially now, the posts are selling very quickly through the stock. that means, and I said it before, many customers already got this new version of the REVIVE without even knowing it.
    I think we do more than others to try to make no one upset, when something new is coming out. We do really care about customers, dealers and distributors.
    But now, I am not going to discuss any more here about future products, sorry. I think, this is more than what you can expect on information on what was not due to be released yet in the first place.
    And I will also stop posting spy shots or peek views of something that is about to come in the near future, as I used to do in the past. I've learned my lesson here.

On one thing I do totally agree with you: The review of the REVIVE vs. DIVINE should not have been published by Awesome MTB, yet. My mistake and it won't happen again.

For further technical questions or assistance I am - of course - happy to help.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ka81ua View Post
    Revive seal head? The part inside cartridge?

Uhm... Okey... I'll try (although I wouldn't like tofully disassemble internals , cause dropper is working fine and I use it everyday.. ) ..
    Without that picture there's no any possibility to decide? )
    Shoot me an e-mail, we will get this sorted.
    [email protected]

Cheers
    Sacki

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    [email protected]

Cheers
    Sacki
    I did it 20/06. ))

Not a problem, will send again.

Thank you, Sacki!!
    OK

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Oh, then you are the one who is already talking to Flo. He already replied to you, right?
    He was just checking with our service center and was waiting for reply and then was about to reply to you today.
    So please, everybody, may I ask for a favor:
    If possible, please pick only ONE channel to get in touch with us!
    We have customers, who contact us through facebook, instagram and e-mail at the same time and then even send the e-mail to any address they can find.
    That means everyone of us who received a message feels obligated to reply, not knowing, that the same inquiry was sent to someone else of us.
    I know you don't mean it, but it is a lot of trouble for us.
    It is double and triple work for us, and can become frustrating. We do usually reply quite quickly, and if we should not have replied within two working days, you can send a little reminder.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    BikeYoke REVIVE - Info, Tipps, Tricks, Troubleshooting-93f9dc0e-f124-4a46-8d23-6a6c07ed0ff5.jpg
    This happened on my last ride. So glad I didnít get impaled.

Is this repairable?

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jworx View Post

Is this repairable?
    This is replaceable.
    )
    OK

Proudly Plus-Sized
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	93F9DC0E-F124-4A46-8D23-6A6C07ED0FF5.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	259.2 KB 
ID:	1343999

Is this repairable?
    #71-ish

Glad you're ok. Scary stuff, especially considering where that piece of equipment resides.

Anyone know at what level a recall is issued? Is it strict number of failures, or % of total produced? Eventually someone is going to get seriously injured on that old style bonded/forged head when it fails - not sure which would be more expensive, the litigation or a recall?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    #71-ish

Glad you're ok. Scary stuff, especially considering where that piece of equipment resides.

Anyone know at what level a recall is issued? Is it strict number of failures, or % of total produced? Eventually someone is going to get seriously injured on that old style bonded/forged head when it fails - not sure which would be more expensive, the litigation or a recall?

Thanks! It definitely could have ended badly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    #71-ish

Recalls are voluntary at cpsc.gov unless they get enough consumer complaints.

Usually Specialized recalls are like "The firm has received two reports involving (blank). No injuries have been reported."

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	93F9DC0E-F124-4A46-8D23-6A6C07ED0FF5.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	259.2 KB 
ID:	1343999

Is this repairable?
    You too? Hope it missed you. Cost me about $900 in medical bills and 6 weeks off the bike. I did get a refund on my post though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BIke N Gear View Post
    You too? Hope it missed you. Cost me about $900 in medical bills and 6 weeks off the bike. I did get a refund on my post though.
    Ouch! I hope everything is all healed up now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    I just dropped in to see if anyone had issues with creaking from the rails... The pics of the snapped post heads have me worried. Iím over 200lbs and have a 185 that came on my Guerrilla Gravity I got back at the end of February. I definitely have the old style head. I really donít want it to rape me or tear open my sack... Surely, there will be some kind of recall on this?

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by mmisinco View Post
    I just dropped in to see if anyone had issues with creaking from the rails... The pics of the snapped post heads have me worried. Iím over 200lbs and have a 185 that came on my Guerrilla Gravity I got back at the end of February. I definitely have the old style head. I really donít want it to rape me or tear open my sack... Surely, there will be some kind of recall on this?
    I'd be requesting a replacement to the improved design if I were you, maybe from GG if it came stock. It isn't difficult to imagine a really serious injury coming from this failure.

Proudly Plus-Sized
    Quote Originally Posted by mmisinco View Post
    To be clear, I have the new machined 1-piece upper and new seat clamp hardware, and it still creaks from the seat clamp. I am going to try some additional things to quiet it down per Sacki, but I think the seat clamp just creaks no matter what. Itís really finicky. Or Iím just over sensitive to noises.

damned rocks...
    To be clear, I have the new machined 1-piece upper and new seat clamp hardware, and it still creaks from the seat clamp. I am going to try some additional things to quiet it down per Sacki, but I think the seat clamp just creaks no matter what. Itís really finicky. Or Iím just over sensitive to noises.
    My seat clamp creaked for a time, don't know why, probably some random combination of variables. I decided to apply a thin coat of anti seize copper paste on the interface between the seat clamp and the the seatpost head, tight everything to torque specs and no more creaks since then.
    Funny thing is, it didn't creaked at first, only after I swapped the saddle and washed everything before reassembling it, it started creaking, go figures.

Proudly Plus-Sized
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglo View Post
    My seat clamp creaked for a time, don't know why, probably some random combination of variables. I decided to apply a thin coat of anti seize copper paste on the interface between the seat clamp and the the seatpost head, tight everything to torque specs and no more creaks since then.
    Funny thing is, it didn't creaked at first, only after I swapped the saddle and washed everything before reassembling it, it started creaking, go figures.
    Thanks for that, same here. Started out great, creaked like crazy (among other issues, determined I had a lemon) and then the brand new one did the same thing after a couple rides.

Are you talking about the copper colored anti-seize paste you would use on Ti bolts?

damned rocks...
    (...)
    Are you talking about the copper colored anti-seize paste you would use on Ti bolts?
    Yes, I suppose it's the same thing.
    Google "Motorex copper anti seize paste", I'm using that. I'm also using that on my seat tube.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    0.1-0.2 mm brass shim should help.

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Quote Originally Posted by accordnick View Post
    0.1-0.2 mm brass shim should help.
    Shim? How does it look like?
    OK

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ka81ua View Post
    Shim? How does it look like?
    Obviously, like a brass shim. ) Let me find it for you:

https://forums.mtbr.com/components/b...l#post13744688

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by richwales View Post
    For anyone interested I have reduced the travel on my 160mm bikeyoke by 20mm. It now tops out at 140mm and allows me to use the bikeyoke in my new frame (which had less insertion depth than previous). A friend of mine fabricated a spacer and it was a relatively straightforward procedure to fit. Itís an interference fit so doesnít move on the shaft and works perfectly. If anyone is interested in more details drop me a PM. Cheers
    Dude, make me one please!!!! Sent you a PM

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    For anyone interested I have reduced the travel on my 160mm bikeyoke by 20mm. It now tops out at 140mm and allows me to use the bikeyoke in my new frame (which had less insertion depth than previous). A friend of mine fabricated a spacer and it was a relatively straightforward procedure to fit. Itís an interference fit so doesnít move on the shaft and works perfectly. If anyone is interested in more details drop me a PM. Cheers
    Dude I need this! PM sent!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    PM sent! I need one

Giant Reign Advanced 1
    [email protected]

Cheers
    Sacki
    Today I wrote you an e-mail, could you please send what are my next steps (I mean paying for lower and upper tubes)..

Thank you!
    OK

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I just want to confirm here in the forum so everyone knows:
    Today I replied to your e-mail and in this e-mail I explained to you what are your next steps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123