Bike Yoke Revive 125 or 2021 Fox Transfer Factory 150- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30

    Bike Yoke Revive 125 or 2021 Fox Transfer Factory 150

    Quick question for the experts. I just picked up my DV9 with a 160 Bike Yoke on order with it. It's just oh so barely too big for my setup and I need to go with the 125. Question is, i have the opportunity (if it is one) or the option to possibly swap to the 150 Fox Transfer (if it also fits right) Factory version with the Kashima coating since a new dropper needs to be ordered/swapped out.

    So, 125 Bike Yoke Review or
    150 Fox Transfer Factory version

    I would keep the Bike Yoke dropper lever. Two reasons I lean towards the Fox is that i could get the extra travel and the Kashima coat would match my 34 Factory SC Fork.

    Reason I lean towards the Bike Yoke - 125 travel seems fine for me and the reputation of the Bike Yoke is rock solid.

    Thoughts!? Does it make sense to go with the Fox Factory 150 at an even no-cost swap? or stick with the Bike Yoke Revive 125.

    Thanks for your help and guidance.

    Bike Yoke Revive 125 or 2021 Fox Transfer Factory 150-20200708_182126.jpg

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    56
    Is it the new fox transfer version, if not the minimum saddle height will be higher than on the bikeyoke.

    You might also consider the bikeyoke divine which can be adjusted in travel.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    272
    Is it too long when slammed or can you not slam it due to seat tube interference. If itís close and interference is the problem you can rotate the action mech on the bottom of the post to gain more clearance. It worked for me on a pivot frame

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30
    it would be the new factory transfer 2021 as stated, yes. since we heard the extra wasted space at the seat was reduced, both length and insertion are reduced for 2021 so we are thinking the 150 may fit.

    the 160 revive didn't fit because we couldn't get the seat low enough for my taste, it was seriously only about a quarter inch off but i wanted more room to adjust.

    quality wise, is the bike yoke or the 2021 fox transfer a better overall dropper? reliability and maintenance? if the bike yoke is better in that regard, i may still with the 125. i would only really want to move to the fox if it is indeed a better dropper even though i prefer the looks, the performance and maintenance free aspect is more important to me than the extra 25mm.

    thx

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2
    I have had my 2021 Fox Transfer for three weeks and the clamp head has failed. Bolts tightened to 45 inch pounds and i weigh 180lbs. Clamp head came loose two other times causing saddle to fall off. The clamp head is to weak for my riding style. I am sending this dropper back for a refund.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bike Yoke Revive 125 or 2021 Fox Transfer Factory 150-img_20200711_151946.jpg  

    Bike Yoke Revive 125 or 2021 Fox Transfer Factory 150-img_20200711_140002.jpg  


  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,356
    I have not used the Fox but I have a lot of miles on a 125mm Revive. Best post I have owned and I had several. I would not hesitate to buy another.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 006_007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,245
    Quote Originally Posted by jsunv View Post
    it would be the new factory transfer 2021 as stated, yes. since we heard the extra wasted space at the seat was reduced, both length and insertion are reduced for 2021 so we are thinking the 150 may fit.

    the 160 revive didn't fit because we couldn't get the seat low enough for my taste, it was seriously only about a quarter inch off but i wanted more room to adjust.

    quality wise, is the bike yoke or the 2021 fox transfer a better overall dropper? reliability and maintenance? if the bike yoke is better in that regard, i may still with the 125. i would only really want to move to the fox if it is indeed a better dropper even though i prefer the looks, the performance and maintenance free aspect is more important to me than the extra 25mm.

    thx
    If all you are looking for is 1/4" less why not disassemble the 160mm revive that you currently own and add a 1/4" spacer to reduce its stroke? I am certain I have seen someone do something along those lines before.

  8. #8
    Proudly Plus-Sized
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by bigperm67 View Post
    I have had my 2021 Fox Transfer for three weeks and the clamp head has failed. Bolts tightened to 45 inch pounds and i weigh 180lbs. Clamp head came loose two other times causing saddle to fall off. The clamp head is to weak for my riding style. I am sending this dropper back for a refund.
    Bike Yoke Revive dropper clamp might not fail, but it sure will creak like it.
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  9. #9
    Chump
    Reputation: Original Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    55
    My 2021 Transfer failed in exactly the same way after about 5 rides. I just got it back via the LBS from warranty replacement today, but that clamp doesn't looks like it's gotten any beefier than it was a month ago. I'm going to install it, but I'm not feeling optimistic. Mine came on my new bike, so unfortunately I can't return just the post, though the LBS will handle the warranty replacements.

    I found another rider with the 2021 Transfer in a Facebook group who had the same failure on his 2021 Transfer.

    I love the action of the Transfer and I'm sure Fox will do right by all this in the long run, but to the OP, I would suggest that you stay away from them for the moment.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Goose View Post
    My 2021 Transfer failed in exactly the same way after about 5 rides. I just got it back via the LBS from warranty replacement today, but that clamp doesn't looks like it's gotten any beefier than it was a month ago. I'm going to install it, but I'm not feeling optimistic. Mine came on my new bike, so unfortunately I can't return just the post, though the LBS will handle the warranty replacements.

    I found another rider with the 2021 Transfer in a Facebook group who had the same failure on his 2021 Transfer.

    I love the action of the Transfer and I'm sure Fox will do right by all this in the long run, but to the OP, I would suggest that you stay away from them for the moment.
    Did you contact Fox about it? I just sent an email to the address provided on their contacts page for Mountain Bike, US Service ([email protected], https://www.ridefox.com/contact.php), regarding the exact seat rail clamp failure you and others have described.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bike Yoke Revive 125 or 2021 Fox Transfer Factory 150-img_5935.jpg  


  11. #11
    Chump
    Reputation: Original Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Rider View Post
    Did you contact Fox about it? I just sent an email to the address provided on their contacts page for Mountain Bike, US Service ([email protected], https://www.ridefox.com/contact.php), regarding the exact seat rail clamp failure you and others have described.
    My LBS did the warranty replacement with Fox on my behalf. Fox eventually got me a replacement clamp, but they were slow about it and initially sent back the clamp for oval rails instead of round rails, so the whole thing took even longer to get settled.

    Since the replacement clamp was exactly the same as the one the broke so easily, I wound up deciding to sell the 2021 model on eBay and bought an older 2019 model on sale for nearly the same price. I may have lost a little on the whole transaction after eBay seller fees, but at least now I don't have to be worried that my post is going to fail.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Rider View Post
    Did you contact Fox about it? I just sent an email to the address provided on their contacts page for Mountain Bike, US Service ([email protected], https://www.ridefox.com/contact.php), regarding the exact seat rail clamp failure you and others have described.
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Goose View Post
    My LBS did the warranty replacement with Fox on my behalf. Fox eventually got me a replacement clamp, but they were slow about it and initially sent back the clamp for oval rails instead of round rails, so the whole thing took even longer to get settled.

    Since the replacement clamp was exactly the same as the one the broke so easily, I wound up deciding to sell the 2021 model on eBay and bought an older 2019 model on sale for nearly the same price. I may have lost a little on the whole transaction after eBay seller fees, but at least now I don't have to be worried that my post is going to fail.
    I just sent that email this morning, and I was replied to this evening with a response from David E., Service Writer Supervisor saying "I have an updated top clamp I can send you, what's your address?".

    I'm surprised they responded that fast and there's supposedly an actual replacement available. I was about to sell this seatpost as well, with the warranty replacement top clamp I just got from my LBS, but this changes things currently.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Rider View Post
    I just sent that email this morning, and I was replied to this evening with a response from David E., Service Writer Supervisor saying "I have an updated top clamp I can send you, what's your address?".

    I'm surprised they responded that fast and there's supposedly an actual replacement available. I was about to sell this seatpost as well, with the warranty replacement top clamp I just got from my LBS, but this changes things currently.
    Thanks for sharing this - I emailed them and also received a very quick response and shipping notification. Hoping this solves the structural and saddle tilt issues - does anyone know yet?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by apache99 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this - I emailed them and also received a very quick response and shipping notification. Hoping this solves the structural and saddle tilt issues - does anyone know yet?
    Update - replacement top clamp received and installed, which appears to have resolved the issues - thanks Fox for the quick response!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2
    Do you have a picture of the new top clamp?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by bigperm67 View Post
    Do you have a picture of the new top clamp?
    There are some photos in this thread: https://forums.mtbr.com/components/2...m-1143675.html

Similar Threads

  1. Bike Yoke Revive - Triggy-Wolftooth-PNW Remotes
    By lardo5150 in forum Components
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2019, 10:10 AM
  2. Ripley V2 and Bike Yoke Revive
    By mblittle in forum Ibis
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-09-2019, 02:17 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-28-2019, 08:32 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2019, 04:16 PM
  5. Bike Yoke Revive Early Review
    By dthomp325 in forum Components
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-14-2017, 06:04 AM

Members who have read this thread: 93

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.