Bike Yoke Devine (160mm) vs. Revive (160mm)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Bike Yoke Devine (160mm) vs. Revive (160mm)

Trying to decide between the 160mm Versions of these.

I understand the main differences. The new Devine is supposed to be --
    -lighter weight
    -adjustable travel
    -less smooth
    -purge itself automatically with every use (No Allen key required).

Looking to see if anyone has any real life experience with the 160 mm version of the Devine. Maintenance issues? Build quality problems? Lots of information about the Revive. Not so much on the Devine.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I think the way you connect it is different as well. Devine needs the shifter cable stop (end) at the dropper. The revive has its own barrel/compression connector for the dropper side. If your remote needs the cable stop the Devine may not work for you or you will have to hack a cable with two stops. I think the bikeyoke remote that comes with the Devine uses a pinch bolt at the remote end so you can use that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrawec View Post
    I think the way you connect it is different as well. Devine needs the shifter cable stop (end) at the dropper. The revive has its own barrel/compression connector for the dropper side. If your remote needs the cable stop the Devine may not work for you or you will have to hack a cable with two stops. I think the bikeyoke remote that comes with the Devine uses a pinch bolt at the remote end so you can use that one.
    I recently replaced a 160 Revive with a 185 Divine, and I am using them with the same cable and Wolftooth lever. I didn't do anything to the cable or lever other than a slight adjustment of length. They attach the same at the dropper end. There has been a slight change to the design, but it seems like an update to how it's manufactured more than anything. These posts are much more similar than they are different, and I believe all the functional differences are buried within.

There is a feel and smoothness difference, maybe it is more noticeable because I am coming from a very smooth operating and well broken in Revive but it was more noticeable than I anticipated. I expect that the Divine will break in and smooth out a bit, and it's only noticeable in comparison because the Revive is so smooth. The Divine is still a very nice operating post. I am not sure if I wish I had just got another Revive yet, I wanted to try out the Divine and I will give it some time to see how I feel about it after a month or two of regular riding, which might be a while at this point.

mtbr member
    Another observation I forgot to mention, in the Divine's favor- it is easier to activate under load, there is little difference in the force needed at the lever from fully loaded to off the saddle. The Revive requires significantly more force to activate if you don't take some weight off. This also make the Divine easier to modulate when dropping from seated.