2020 Shimano Saint

Printable View

• 04-09-2019
    Verbl Kint
    2020 Shimano Saint
    The current iteration of the venerable Shimano Saint, the M820 series, has been around since 2012. One of the racers it was tested on was a fast up-and-coming athlete by the name of Aaron Gwin. It's still a rocksolid groupset and is a staple of many DH World Cup teams and riders.

In the past couple of years, the only new releases to come out with the Saint badge on it has been pedals. This is significant as SRAM and a host of others (i.e. TRP) have been very aggressive with new stuff coming out or proto'd on the racing circuit.

Saint has also not been seen as much on the EWS, which was still not around when the M820 officially debut in June 2012. Back in the day, the Saint had 3-4 year release cycles.

Are we due to see a new series by the time June arrives? Or at least some new brakes, perhaps?
  • 04-09-2019
    farfromovin
    Iím almost afraid that Shimano will ruin the Saint brake with a redesign. Iím rooting theyíll modernize it while increasing modulation/brute force/heat capacity but have a bad feeling... just like when they went from m785 to m8000...
  • 04-09-2019
    Mudguard
    I like the fact it's been in production for so long. Everything else seems to change so rapidly. Maybe it's the only current part on my bike!!
  • 04-10-2019
    RS VR6
    Its mainly a DH group. Maybe there isn't really a need for too much change. I mean SRAM reduced the amount of cogs in the back from 10 to 7. I guess Shimano can do something similar. There isn't much need for wide gearing. Lol...maybe some lighter cranks? This seems like a case of...if it ain't broke.