wtf- Mtbr.com

Thread: wtf

mtbr member

wtf

What is up with all these lifted trucks, BMWs and oversized SUVs? Half of all the tools who drive these lifted F-150s aren't even using it for utility purposes, instead hauling their ****ty girlfriend beside them.

All these delusional females with those stupid sunglasses and the make-up also need to get a clue.

And WTF is with the black tinted windows, the laid back seating, the hand caressing over the steering wheel? Maybe I'm not hip with "gangsta" wanna-be culture, but it's worse than the hipster fixie ********. At least they're riding a bike.

Cagers absolutely astound me. Go ahead, rev your big, large engine. Your hram is so big. Women just love to be ejaculated on by you. You are so powerful. You have so much money.

I have nothing. And that is why I need to destroy you, along with me. lol

People are pathetic, conforming animals, who will do anything for power.

Have a nice day.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Wow

Dude you need to be given a gun pronto!!!

~Disc~Golf~
    Honestly... ahh I give up

AZ
    banned
    Wow ........just wow ..........

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid_Mountain
    What is up with all these lifted trucks, BMWs and oversized SUVs? Half of all the tools who drive these lifted F-150s aren't even using it for utility purposes, instead hauling their ****ty girlfriend beside them.

All these delusional females with those stupid sunglasses and the make-up also need to get a clue.

And WTF is with the black tinted windows, the laid back seating, the hand caressing over the steering wheel? Maybe I'm not hip with "gangsta" wanna-be culture, but it's worse than the hipster fixie ********. At least they're riding a bike.

Cagers absolutely astound me. Go ahead, rev your big, large engine. Your hram is so big. Women just love to be ejaculated on by you. You are so powerful. You have so much money.

Have a nice day.
    And your smugness is much better

banned
    Have you had your Lithium levels checked lately?

One What?
    Wish I had a big hram...

smell the saddle...
    I find it amusing when big trucks/fast cars rev their engines beside me or speed up faster when they see me. If that's the only thing they can do to scare me, I am impressed.

People are intimidated by what they can't do or can’t understand.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yup, Some dick in a lifted Dodge Ram, missed two of us bikers on his shoulder check today, and entered the intersection....guy beside me wasn't paying attention, so he locked up front and rear to stop in time....I was able to give him the finger......

He looked apologetic, then hammered the big desiel, kicked in the power chip, and blew smoke as he accelerated on his way to work...

Yee haa.

Moderator Moderator

Sometimes we need a good dose of the Dalai Lama

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
    Dalai Lama

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.
    Dalai Lama

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
    Dalai Lama

In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.
    Dalai Lama

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer
    Dalai Lama

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.
    Dalai Lama

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
    Dalai Lama

Dalai Lama

Yeah that works, yeah really well, well if you can take the beatings.

Check out all the beatings the Tibetians have taken, or for that matter Ghandi's indians...

Yes it works, trouble is....it only takes once getting beaten by a truck and you are out of the game.

More clearly behave such that the offending driver will be less likely to repeat the error next time....at that changes driver to driver....it is a tough balancing act.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott
    Yeah that works, yeah really well, well if you can take the beatings.

Check out all the beatings the Tibetians have taken, or for that matter Ghandi's indians...

Yes it works, trouble is....it only takes once getting beaten by a truck and you are out of the game.

More clearly behave such that the offending driver will be less likely to repeat the error next time....at that changes driver to driver....it is a tough balancing act.

Not all Buddists practice complete nonviolence , some find it perfectly acceptable to defend themselves against violence . The truck however almost alway's prevails .

Bedwards Of The West
    Have you guys seen my Kick-A Jeep?
    Lifted, tinted, big engine, women love it, big hram.
    This was before the roof rack, tire carrier, and front bumper were installed. Hram factor increased by 3 after those mods.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wtf-picture1.jpg  

You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Have a nice day.
    At times I feel just like you, appauled at the stupid **** people do to "look cool" and get laid as well as the people who buy into it, but most of the time, I realize that by worrying about them, I am just taking away from the enjoyment of being me, and enjoying the activities that make me me. Have a beer and relax. People like us getting worked up is part of the attention these people are trying to get.

Fat-tired Roadie
    A guy I worked for had a lifted and brushguarded XTerra. I think he was planning a live axle for it too. I thought it was pretty cool.

I'd have a primer black spec. Miata and an AWD wagon if I could afford to choose my car and buy new(ish.) Lifted full-sized SUVs seem a bit silly to me, but not having to kneel in the snow and mess with chains is awesome.

My favorite thing about douchemobiles is the days when I drive a 14' or 24' box truck.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    try this

No-Brakes Cougar
    A little rant never hurt anyone. Sometimes you just need to blow off steam and I'd rather somebody do it on the internet than go out and physically hurt someone (tempting as it may be). In my experience, pick-up truck drivers in general (especially Dodge Rams) are a-holes. Not all of them mind you because you can be a jerk in any kind of vehicle. It's just that I wonder sometimes if people in large vehicles aren't just being bullies simply because they can. And here we go on another bimmer rant, but I really wonder about certain people who drive BMWs. If you like them, that's great but owning a car that is both a luxury and a performance vehicle does not make you special. I often get them trying to challenge me while I'm driving. No thanks, I just let them fly past. I drive a Mustang GT, I don't need to prove anything to anybody.

Whoops, looks like I started ranting too. Feels good....
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 Ė May 16, 2010

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy
    Have you guys seen my Kick-A Jeep?
    Lifted, tinted, big engine, women love it, big hram.
    This was before the roof rack, tire carrier, and front bumper were installed. Hram factor increased by 3 after those mods.
    I see a new vanity plate in your future

Bedwards Of The West
    ^^

Another big hram bonus: I can fit my 29er upright in the back using an old yakima crossbar...I just have to remove the front wheel and seatpost. So I can compensate all the way to the trailhead, and then get on a bike that's bigger than everyone eles's too.

Moderator Moderator
    ^^Nice! - Darn if all my bikes have to "lay flat" in my Subie, but the li'l x-bike can do it with the wheels on.

Saw a motorcycle a couple nights ago with a fork mount bike rack & MTB & wheel somehow attached the the side of it - cool!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Rant away my friends, rant away. What the hell, I will join the rantfest. The 3/4 ton 4x4 pickups, white work vans, and Volvos that feel obligated to drive in the left lane and dictate pace for everyone else on the highway should be banned from the nations highways.

It is funny how people make snap judgments about you based on the vehicle you drive. When I am driving my full size 4x4 pickup (no lift kit) I am pegged as some variation of an uneducated redneck. When I am driving my German made sports car (not a BMW) I either pegged as an arrogant a$$ (which is probably correct) or some sort of anti-environment self absorbed douche and of course when I am biking to work I am a granola eating tree hugger.

Fat-tired Roadie
    WA state recently passed legislation making the left lane a passing-only lane as long as the traffic's not too heavy.

Along with the no cell phones law, it's a law we shouldn't need but kinda do.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

Hail Satin!
    The last 2 times I've been hit by cars. 1 of them was kinda my fault. And the other wasn't even close. The one that was my fault was z cop. He was staring at an unbelievable beautyful woman jogging. And we kinda sideswiped eachother. I know he was looking at her because well I was also. And the other time was some berkenstock wearing prius driving mother of 2 (her kids has horrible names like Bethany and Cooper) and she just flat hit me from behind. But it was still kinda my fault, because I didn't triple check that she could see me. I'm not ragging on you with this. But we are on bicycles. Yes we have rights. Yes we have laws. Yes we are not at fault most of the time. But the bottom line is still that WE are responsible for our safety. I know these douches were messing with you on purpose. They went after you. I have this happen from time to time on my bike or motorcycle. That's why I always carry one of those cheap point and click digital camers for license plates. Give the #s to the cops and chances are they will have a "talk" with them.
    In the great Ford vs Chevy debate, I choose Porsche.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I hate cats. What's with their big hram, huh?

I got nothin'
    Lately the only threat on my life was by a douche bag in a Prius. I thought Prius owners were supposed to be peaceful hippies man. For many I think the Prius is the latest means of showing their smugness. Of course I live in a more affluent area with lots of self labeled liberals.

Can't we all just get along ? ......and leave the nut jobs on bikes alone.
    I ride at ludicrous speed

mtbr member
    This is why I date a guy who drives a bone-stock Tacoma. He has nothing to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary the No-Trash Cougar
    In my experience, pick-up truck drivers in general (especially Dodge Rams) are a-holes.
    You've noticed that trend too? I thought it was just me...

No-Brakes Cougar
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive
    You've noticed that trend too? I thought it was just me...
    Nothing against Dodge Ram owners in general, but yeah it's sort of like Prius owners. Not all of them are a-holes, just most. I don't get it. It's not really people in small or even mid-size trucks, just the giant Rams. FoMoCo vs Mopar? Big truck vs hippie/liberal/enviormentalist/f4g on a bike?
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 Ė May 16, 2010

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary the No-Trash Cougar
    A little rant never hurt anyone. Sometimes you just need to blow off steam and I'd rather somebody do it on the internet than go out and physically hurt someone (tempting as it may be). .... And here we go on another bimmer rant,..., I don't need to prove anything to anybody. Whoops, looks like I started ranting too. Feels good....
    Yeah it is a release. Deep breaths now. In with the good air, out with the bad. Maybe assume the lotus position...

I have always liked superior handling and braking cars over raw accelleration and speed and we need long distance runners. So I have found that many of these drivers who have hassled me haven't a clue where their car's handling limits really are. So with 0.9 G or so of cornering, I have left them in my dust on ramps and in other situations. Wassa matta? Doncha know howta drive that wundercar? Got beat by an 2 ton 200 hp AWD Mercury Montego? Pathetic! Oh yeah, it has Goodyear Formula 1's in summer and Dunlop Ice Radials in winter (18"/50/245). It is even funnier to see Audi's or 4WD SUV's contend with 4 season tires as I steamroller on down the road. It gets better mileage than my first car, an MGB with less than half the engine, and half the mass. The Merc doesn't need premium, either!

Of course later, as I am on cruise at a reasonable pace, they blow by like a bats-out-of- hell. (If they didn't leave the road or fill their pants.) Yeah I can go fast too but there's often a trooper with laser staked out up ahead.... Have a nice day! They have this great self-destruct ego behind the wheel.
    Last edited by BrianMc; 05-22-2010 at 08:34 PM.

mtbr member
    oh yeah well I saw this cadi up on 49's yesterday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wtf-damn.jpg  

'10 Rockhopper SL Comp 29er

mtbr member
    Just what we need. Bigfoot for the Country Club Set.

Single Speed Junkie
    Think he is compensating for something?

IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
    wtf does hram mean?
    What mountain bike forum do pirates use? .....

MTB-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    The guys with big trucks only bother me because many of them pass me dangerously close to try and make a point. But it kind of makes sense how somebody willing to dedicate so much of their income to feed a pseudo-monster truck would not understand the joys of cycling.

My biggest concern on the road is middle-aged women on cell phones simply because they don't seem to pay attention. Every near accident I've had has been a result of them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crux
    Think he is compensating for something?
    wasnt his but i wanted someone to sand next to it so show how big it was
    '10 Rockhopper SL Comp 29er

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts

Have a nice day.
    Wow, you must live here in the SF/San Jose area too! I wholeheartedly agree with your post. But rather than money, itís usually credit card debt and not real money that they are flaunting.
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.

Pimpmobile
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer
    Dalai Lama

Dalai Lama

Dalai Lama

Dalai Lama

"Gunga galunga... Gunga gungula galunga"
    "Fear not the ob-stackles in your path"

Bedwards Of The West
    Quote Originally Posted by nattybohfiend
    The guys with big trucks only bother me because many of them pass me dangerously close to try and make a point.

I doubt they're trying to make any point. When the truck barely fits in the lane (combined with the fact that there's a pretty good chance they don't have a real concept of how big the truck actually is) it is going to be closer to you when it passes. Taking things like that personally is your fault.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nattybohfiend
    The guys with big trucks only bother me because many of them pass me dangerously close to try and make a point. But it kind of makes sense how somebody willing to dedicate so much of their income to feed a pseudo-monster truck would not understand the joys of cycling.

My biggest concern on the road is middle-aged women on cell phones simply because they don't seem to pay attention. Every near accident I've had has been a result of them.
    I agree about the mom's on the cell phones. Most my commute is on deserted 4 lane roads. The first one I am on is near two schools, and it is the worst in the morning. A couple of weeks ago, I was taking up a whole lane (I usually do this to avoid being doored, the streets are not high traffic anymore, and I can easily be passed in the other lane) with flashing bike lights in broad daylight, and a car coming from the other direction took a left right in front of me. I had to lock the brakes up and almost do an endo to avoid smashing through the passenger side window. As I looked into the car passing inches in front of me, a 10 year olds face in the passenger side stared back with the same look of terror that was on my face. It was like looking into a mirror that converted your face back to it's youth. The sad thing is that the kid, who was probably playing his gameboy, noticed me, yet right beyond him in the driver's seat was a clueless mom on her cell phone jibber jabering away. I wasn't really mad, I understand that as a cyclist, even though it isn't the law, it really is up to me to watch out for my own safety and to be aware at all times.

Members who have read this thread: 0