Wont Stop Raining!!!!- Mtbr.com
    I Have Cookies

Wont Stop Raining!!!!

As I continue to Commute to work I was realizing somthing.......It has rained for almost 3 weeks straight!!! I have lived here for most of my life and I don't remember having so much rain in a year?!? I just wanted to share my MISERY That is all........
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say.” – Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

Bedwards Of The West
    Where are you? ...so I can make sure I don't ever go there
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

I Have Cookies
    I'm in Hilo Hawaii......our rain is legendary. There's songs about it........BTW It's sunny now!
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say.” – Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

Bedwards Of The West
    You live in Hawaii..you are forbidden from whining about anything, ever.

I have been to Hilo actually. Spent a week on Kawai also...I think it rained every single day on Kawai in the afternoon, like clockwork. But it's still warm enough to go play!
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

I Have Cookies
    well the amount of rain that we have had in these last weeks has everything soo soggy..........

____
    Kimo

The Brutally Handsome
    We been having a lot more rain than usual here in Oregon as well. You do know it's an el niño year, right?

No-Brakes Cougar
    Yeah I was going to say, you do live in Hilo right? And if I am not mistaken, this is the rainy season right? I was there this time last year and we were on a tour of the Lyman House while it was raining buckets. These German tourists asked the tour guide when it was going to stop raining! She looked at them and replied simply "when ever it wants to." Like it was something you can turn on and off (it did clear up later in the day and we drove down to 'Ahanalui Pool beach hot springs!) . But seriously, if it seems excessive for Hilo then that's kind of scary. We stopped at this shop in Honomu and the hippie guy behind the counter started randomly going on and on about global warming and how it's getting down into the 60s (zOMG!) on the big island.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010

I Have Cookies
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary the No-Trash Cougar
    Yeah I was going to say, you do live in Hilo. But seriously, if it seems excessive for Hilo then that's kind of scary.
    that's what I was getting at..........

____
    Kimo

No-Brakes Cougar
    Quote Originally Posted by ae111black
    that's what I was getting at..........
    I know, it just sounded funny at first "I live in Hilo and it's raining constantly!" J/K
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010

I Have Cookies
    Yah kinda like someone in Seattle or Portland saying the same thing.....Btw my ride home was kinda "ironic" the sky looked decent enough so I decided to take one of my long detours home and after about a mile it started dumping really hard out of the blue I had to cut short my ride and I swear there was 4" of water on the road..... I felt like busting out my tight jeans and tt pad.....lol

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I live in Humboldt county and it rains alot here to during the winter months. And some one said el niño hmmmmm might want to get my bike fitted with pontoons

Ovaries on the Outside
    Sizzle! Oregon has been dry this year! It will only get worse.

OP- can't you jump around to the other side of the island and have less rain? I was in Hawaii (like everyone else) a couple years back and I thought that was the story

I Have Cookies
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth

OP- can't you jump around to the other side of the island and have less rain?
    LOL Thats funny.......I live in Pahoa and work in Hilo. Going over to Kona "the dry side" would be ludacris! thats gonna be an hour and a half commute each way by car!!! I'll survive the rain.

____
    Kimo

I Have Cookies
    Still RAINING!!!! 27" so far this month! If I was in the midwest this place would be a desaster area..........

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    that is an insane amount of rain

I Have Cookies
    yah we are just "lucky" that there's awesome drainage here!!!

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    ae111black - If I was in the midwest this place would be a desaster area

The mid west is a disaster area chicago, st louis, detroit.

Members who have read this thread: 0