Woman Falls Off Cliff While Texting- Mtbr.com
    Moderator Moderator

Woman Falls Off Cliff While Texting

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    True dat,
    It always freaks me out to see people in the (highway) lane next to me, driving at 60mph, and not looking up.
    It's pronounced "so pro and cool."
    It was an impulse decision.

mtbr member
    ^ And slowing in the left lane so they are alongside and no longer passing as you approach a semi, and they are wandering into you. I may install air horns.

BrianMc

mtbr member
    When I was younger and harsher I would have described them as natural selection thinning the herd , now I just shake my head and keep a close watch on the mirror and try to have an escape route handy.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    karma for littering...

No Stranger to danger....
    Its called NATURAL SELECTION........
    The world has to have ways of thinning out the idiots and getting them out of the gene pool.
    same as people that have ear phones/buds in and walk in front of trains at train crossings and cars without looking, these people need to be eliminated from breeding if there is going to be any hope for the human race....
    Harsh but true......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....:cool:

Ex-Clydesdale
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rY0WxgSXdEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    '94 RSBikes Stampede (commuter), '05 Prophet, '09 Scattante XRL Team, '10 Slice 4
    Retired: 97 C-DaleSuper-V, 05 C-Dale R5000

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Its called NATURAL SELECTION........
    The world has to have ways of thinning out the idiots and getting them out of the gene pool.
    same as people that have ear phones/buds in and walk in front of trains at train crossings and cars without looking, these people need to be eliminated from breeding if there is going to be any hope for the human race....
    Harsh but true......
    They used to call that sending everyone off to war and seeing who returns.

Why do I feel there is no hope left for humanity? Oh yes because they pass laws to protect these idiots.

Something I've seen a few months back: Women riding a moped, tshirt, sandles, shorts, and texting.

Natural selection needs to hurry up and kill off these idiots before they start breeding more.

Idiocracy anyone?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Alright, first article was an accident, could happen to anyone, although the question should be: Does she normally get that close to the edge to flick her cig's out, or was she not paying attention and got too close because she was texting? Either case, she slipped on wet grass and fell.

Other articles, "shakes head in shame", and lmao at the lady at the pier.

This does however explain why Britain has started putting padding around their street lamps.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    Rookies.
    No a rookie would have been the woman in Dallas who tripped into the fountain at the mall. The woman falling off the cliff was a fool (for littering her cig butts), the woman falling off the pier was stupid, but the guy driving was just suicidal.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

mtbr member
    FWIW, I have sent text messages while driving an open cab back hoe through south central los angeles.

EDIT/// And I'm white.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    My only question: What were you doing driving a back hoe through south central LA? lol

But the laws are not meant for the smart and capable and the normal times, they are meant for the times when **** happens and for stupid people who can't figure out that matches are flammable without a warning label.

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    Rookies.
    roflol at this. +rep 4 being funny. Or maybe it wasn't meant to be funny, and I just have a weird sense of humor.

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by dl1030 View Post
    karma for littering...
    Big one against her. As a smoker who already feels the weight of the world against my hobby, seeing a brother/sister butt sucker pitch one gets under my skin as much as seeing one of those mega idiot cyclists F`-ing up in traffic. Come on, lady- we don`t need no more of that

Quote Originally Posted by midnightlost View Post
    Something I've seen a few months back: Women riding a moped, tshirt, sandles, shorts, and texting.
    Driving around in Guadalajara one rainy night with my mother in the backseat (her first time out of the US): a guy on a motor scooter "filtered" past us while we were stopped at a red light. Had his wife or GF on the seat behind him and a toddler standing on the "floorboard" between his knees. No helmets for anybody, of course. Thought my mom was going to crap her pants! We passed them when the light turned green, and at the next light they filtered by us again. That time the guy was talking on his phone- my mom rolled down the window and read him the riot act in English with the guy looking at her like SHE was crazy, probably not the slightest idea what that old lady was ranting about
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    My only question: What were you doing driving a back hoe through south central LA? lol
    I had to get the back hoe from the rental shop to the job site! Concrete skatepark construction, I've ended up some odd places, here is the watts park,

And here is my van by the watts towers for proof!

Quote Originally Posted by sauprankul View Post
    roflol at this. +rep 4 being funny. Or maybe it wasn't meant to be funny, and I just have a weird sense of humor.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Nice Jack, although I'm surprised they didn't transport it on a truck. Nice looking skate parks there.

I have to say Rodar that that takes the cake.

WTB 29 allmountain wheels
    Nov 2012
    Near my house, a delivery driver was texting while on a bridge at 60 or so mph in a box truck, hit a cyclist and knocked him off the bridge to his death. The city's solution? Cyclists can no longer ride on the bridge. While I agree that the bridge is unsafe to ride on, why is texting while driving still legal!!!??? Stop doing it!

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ATown17 View Post
    Near my house, a delivery driver was texting while on a bridge at 60 or so mph in a box truck, hit a cyclist and knocked him off the bridge to his death. The city's solution? Cyclists can no longer ride on the bridge. While I agree that the bridge is unsafe to ride on, why is texting while driving still legal!!!??? Stop doing it!
    O RLY?? Texting and driving is LEGAL?
    Jk, but the city was right to not allow bikers anymore. You can't take away the danger, but you can always take people away from the danger. You can't make sure nobody texts and drives, but you can make sure there is nobody is harms way when it happens.

mtbr member
    ^ Provided there is another safer bridge or a sidewalk so cyclists can walk the bike across, That may be a decent solution. If not, not.

BrianMc

Nov 2012
    I did not question that it was legal. I questioned WHY it is. You might also note that I agree that the bridge is unsafe to ride on. My problem with the resolution is that the city addressed only half of it and the half that they addressed only solves the problem in that one area. At the foot of the bridge, there is a road with a bike lane where it is still legal to text and drive and easy to injur or kill anyone who happens to be there when someone drifts out of their lane as a result. Using your logic, the city should not allow cyclists on any road where motor vehicles are driven.

Bedwards Of The West
    This thread got funny. I answered the phone on my bike the other day... it was in my cargo pocket and I felt it vibrating...that was a first. It was my wife. It did not feel dangerous or stupid, but I guess I'd feel differently if I had crashed.

Texting is out of the question ov course...
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

Nov 2012
    It started out funnier but I think I derailed it a bit. Sorry about that. A friend of mine answers his phone often while riding because he often rides with music from it. I am looking forward to the day that it causes him to crash. It can't be long now haha.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Wish I was coordinated enough to pull my phone out of my pocket and talk on it while riding, lol. I have to stop just to pull my phone out of my pocket.

mtbr member
    The phone has never been a problem for me since while I ride I turn it off. When I'm enjoying pedaling I don't want to be pestered with real life.

weirdo
    Wish I was coordinated enough to pull my phone out of my pocket and talk on it while riding, lol.
    Me, too. Maybe one of thes days I`ll ride laps around my kitchen and wait for it to ring so I can try snatching the receiver on the fly!
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by junior1210 View Post
    The phone has never been a problem for me since while I ride I turn it off. When I'm enjoying pedaling I don't want to be pestered with real life.
    That's kind of why I go out into the wilderness. I always have my phone and gps just in case but never bring music or anything else with me. Just me and the wilderness.

I have lived in Houston for the past five months and traffic here is nuts but I am simply amazed at how many people here think it's a good idea to text and drive on the highway in and out of rush hour traffic. If I was to say that I wasn't worried that someone would rear end me or change lanes into me I would be lying.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

No Stranger to danger....
    Can anybody please explain to me why women always seem to have their phones on vibrate mode?
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....:cool:

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    Me, too. Maybe one of thes days I`ll ride laps around my kitchen and wait for it to ring so I can try snatching the receiver on the fly!
    If I had a kitchen big enough to do that it would recreate the whole notion of eat on the fly.

Tones, think vibrator

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Tones, think vibrator
    Ruined it...

Members who have read this thread: 0