Winter sucks!!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Winter sucks!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Winter sucks!!

Nuff said

mtbr member
    Winter is needed to thin the herd.
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

mtbr member
    Winter riding rulez!

Empty MUPs, bikestands, lockerrooms, showers, love it

Rules 5 and 9 apply here

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I never go to places that supply locker rooms and showers.....most trails I ride don't even have a portapotty

turtles make me hot
    I love winter fat biking. The one thing I didn't care for was the other day we had an early winter storm that just happened to be the day my truck needed one of it's tires looked at. I left it at the tire shop and rode my folder to the train to go to work, thinking I might get out early enough to beat the storm.
    I did not. I had to ride my 20" wheel folding bike in two inches of snow to make it back to my truck. No fun with smooth pavement tires.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    After a full week of the weather network promising snow that never came, I took my road bike to work Thursday morning, and the snow finally came before my ride home.

Oddly, traction wasn't so bad, even though all the motorists were running into each other. The biggest issue was pedals.....I forgot how bad road cleats jam with the tiniest amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingdutchman
    Empty MUPs
    Not quite yet. Dog walkers and stealth joggers in black suits without any reflective piping (WHERE DO YOU EVEN BUY A RUNNING KIT LIKE THAT??? ARE THEY CUSTOM?!)

But we've had some sloppy rain-snow mix today, and with a deep freeze tomorrow things might get icy enough that I'll have the trails to myself, at last.
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

CB of the East
    Winter Sucks: I was just saying those exact words on Friday when I was trying to shovel snow off the leaves that were frozen to the driveway. Because the last 3 weeks before that the leaves were too too wet or frozen to rake. And before that they were on the trees.

Actually, once winter gets here I don't mind it. Fatbiking, ice riding and all that are fine. But this month early stuff after a month of pre-winter is a bit of a pain in the arse.

CB of the East
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    The biggest issue was pedals.....I forgot how bad road cleats jam with the tiniest amount of snow.
    What are these road cleats you talk of? I run time ATACs on everything from the fatbike to the TT bike.

mtbr member
    Big plastic SPD-SLs.

Oddly for someone who grew up on mountain bike clipless, I never liked the feel of small cleats on all-day road rides, even with absurdly stiff-soled road shoes.

The all-day road rides have long since stopped, but I still have the road shoes lying around, so feel compelled to use them.

CB of the East
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    Big plastic SPD-SLs.
    I use to hear people talking about their cleats wearing out. I could never figure out how these occasional cyclists wore out cleats when I have some with 10,000+ miles on them. Then I saw a pair of road cleats half worn off. Now I get it. Winter sucks but it is better with Time cleats. Flats work well in winter too.