Whatever happened to ph4tcharlie?- Mtbr.com
    crap magnet

Whatever happened to ph4tcharlie?

You know, the guy (or possibly gal) that stated the long running "How was your commute today" thread. His last post was when he started that thread and then he just up and disappeared. Yet here we are, three years later, and that thread carries on with thousands of replies. I'm just curious - maybe his fate is common knowlege among the long time forum users (I'm pretty new around here.) If so, clue me in.
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

Moderator Moderator
    Nobody knows, but I suspect he's with the other Charlie, you know, the one from the MTA song:

Did he ever return?
    No he never returned
    And his fate is still unlearn'd
    He may ride forever
    'neath the streets of Boston
    He's the man who never returned.

crap magnet
    I should really learn to play banjo.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3VMSGrY-IlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ Nice! I played it twice.

CB of the East
    Deja Vu
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Wow. I just noticed that the OP of this wildly successful thread, ph4tcharlie, did not make any more posts after starting this thread in 2009. Based on his 9 posts on MTBR, it appears he enjoys commuting, guns, chinese stars/numchucks, and riding the wrong way on the sidewalk. I wonder what became of him? ph4tcharlie are you out there?

crap magnet
    Cross my heart, I did a forum search for "ph4tcharlie" before posting my query - nothing!
    -Mark Twain

CB of the East
    I remembered the post and searched for it and it came right up with this one. A little +rep and we'll be even.

I have thought the same thing before where is Charlie. I of course think the worst. "How was your commute today?" "I died."

crap magnet
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    I remembered the post and searched for it and it came right up with this one. A little +rep and we'll be even.

I have thought the same thing before where is Charlie. I of course think the worst. "How was your commute today?" "I died."
    That was my thinking too when I started the thread. I read through a couple of his other posts and he mentioned his commute through some rough San Diego neighborhoods at midnight.
    -Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hi all...

Wow... I just happened to google my screen name today and saw this thread.

The news is I'm alive and well, and thank you for the concern. Unfortunately I had stopped riding for a little bit (I considered it to be temporary - now several years later). I still have my bikes and my commuter, but haven't taken any of them out for more than a few trips around the block in a couple years.

CB of the East
    I just saw a ghost. Thanks for one of the most popular threads on MTBR, responsible for wasting countless hours of employer's time. Or is that just me.

mtbr member
    Some people make me smile when they enter the room. Never had this happen with the mere posting before. Glad you are still cycling ph4tcharlie!

BrianMc

Moderator Moderator
    This must be a sign...a sign that charlie wants to re-commence bikecommuting or at least biking...You were called to google your screenname for some less than random reason! Great to hear from you and hope you visit again.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    You're right about wanting to start biking again... I just moved to a place that is only 2 miles from work... I guess its time to start tuning up the bikes once the dust settles.

Members who have read this thread: 2