What glasses are you wearing when riding?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What glasses are you wearing when riding?

I'm a huge Oakley fanboy. It's almost to the point of being embarrassing. While I'm not a collector or anything, I own 10+ pairs in various tints and styles.

During the day, I use Flak 2.0's with Prizm Black but I'm thinking of switching to Prizm Road.

At night, I alternate between Flak 2.0 with Prizm Low Light and SI M Frame with clear lenses, depending on the weather.

What about you guys? What's protecting your eyes?
    Bourbon: Because no good story ever started with "So, there we were eating salads".

mtbr member
    I have had several models and brands, most of them relatively cheap. I like the alpina triguard the most, but even the "clear" glasses darken off a bit. Therefore they are useless in the dark and almost useless in cloudy weather, making them useless for me 75% of the time here....

So I have 3 of the swisseye F-16 now. The big advantage: the clear glasses are really clear and the glasses for grey weather are yellow instead orange. This literally brightens up your day ;o)) Furthermore the yellow ones dont darken off so I wear the yellow lenses now even when dark, since the headlights dont blind so much. So I am quite happy with those and bought 2 ones used and cheap as spares.

Havent had more expensive ones but I can imagine that a 100 one is better than a 40 one like mine.

mtbr member
    Clear safety glasses (free - from work). Almost all rides are in heavily wooded areas...lots of shade so I don't wear sunglasses. For the occasional ride on a sunny day when there's snow on ground I will wear whatever sunglasses are in my truck at the time.
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...:thumbsup:

mtbr member
    I've got some HI Yellow lenses for my M Frame that do exactly like you say, brighten everything, but they kinda wash everything too. That's why I really like the Low Light lenses. They're almost completely clear, but with just a slight tint shift to provide a deeper contrast.
    Bourbon: Because no good story ever started with "So, there we were eating salads".

I have a pair of off-brand sunglasses (look like Wiley-X) with Rx photochromatic lenses. I tried to use Wiley-X glasses, but with my prescription they just didn't work right (the ones that were far enough from my face to keep from fogging had the lenses slanted back too far). I use those down to 20F then non-prescription Ski Goggles. Tried a pair of glasses inside, but they fogged.

turtles make me hot
    Wiley X Bricks. Clear at night, grey polarized when the sun is out.
    I like turtles

Class Clown
    3m fuel clear lens safety glasses

since 4/10/2009
    I have some Oakley Jawbones with aftermarket Walleva photochromic polarized lenses.

These particular Oakley frames fit my face/head SO NICE. But Oakleys CS (or lack thereof) pissed me off, which is why I bought the aftermarket lenses instead of Oakley ones. I have some nice Spy dark tint glasses that I simply cannot wear when riding, because they slide all over the place. I pretty much only wear them when I drive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    I have some Oakley Jawbones with aftermarket Walleva photochromic polarized lenses.

These particular Oakley frames fit my face/head SO NICE. But Oakleys CS (or lack thereof) pissed me off, which is why I bought the aftermarket lenses instead of Oakley ones. I have some nice Spy dark tint glasses that I simply cannot wear when riding, because they slide all over the place. I pretty much only wear them when I drive.
    Yeah, since the Luxxotica buyout, their CS has gone down the toilet. Because of that, I pretty much shop second hand these days. If you're looking for Oakley quality lenses, check out the Elite line from Revant Optics. Easily on par with OEM Oakley, but not quite able to compare to the Prizm line yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I just wear my Rx eyeglasses which are photochromic and polarized.

CB of the East
    Mostly cheap but well fitting clear safety glasses for commutes with darkness. Some $2 Panama Jack sunglasses a lot of the time and a decent pair of Typhoon Mariner polarized with a hydrophobic coating for most of the summer.

I find that knocking an expensive pair of glasses off my head and scratching the lenses right in my field of view really pisses me off.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Cheap sport polaroid under $50

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Prescription Oakleys. I couldn't see trail obstacles clearly enough otherwise. In the dark, commuting to work, I just wear my normal glasses.

Wierdo
    Dec 2005
    Cheap sunglasses in the summer. Nothing otherwise.