what fender for lefty? which one for CX?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012

what fender for lefty? which one for CX?

I bought SKS fenders (off road style plastic) for my Flash 29er but it doesn't really really fit the lefty without a bunch of modification. Is there another one that works well for a lefty fork?

Also i bought a smaller SKS fender for the rear of my Felt CX bike but I can't find one that will fit the front fork. On this bike as well I am looking for flexible plastic off road style as opposed to the harder fenders that mount by the hubs.

thank you!
    Epic Flash Boris F65X + road bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Mudrunner DLX Front - Quick Release Fenders - Fenders - Products - Axiom Performance Gear

I have been trying this out on my Unit. So far it is much better than I had expected. It mounts only at the crown of the fork so it might work on both bikes in question.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Sorry the contrast between the black VW and the black fender is poor, but this is what the fender looks like mounted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what fender for lefty? which one for CX?-img_20150125_125549510.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I presume that the CX bike has a carbon fork--they're typically hard to find an easy fit for. SKS used to make one that bridged the gap between the front and back of the fork with a thin sheet that bolted to the crown mount, and the fender (in two pieces, front and back) snapped on. I don't know if you can still find it, as it isn't on their website anymore.

As for the lefty, they're a pita to mount a fender to. You're pretty much stuck with half fenders that mount in the steer tube.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Does either fork have a bolt hole through the fork crown? If so, PDW Sodapop fenders are a cheapish option. Failing that the Axiom I mentioned earlier, and others, mount in the steerer tube without bolts. Best of luck.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Old thread but I just got an SKS Shockblade 2 mounted on my Bad Habit 1 with a Lefty. Pretty painless.