What do you think..

Printable View

• 08-26-2019
    Mr Pig
    What do you think..
  • 08-27-2019
    Klurejr
    That is pretty cool! If I lived in a big city where space was premium and I needed a cargo bike to get groceries... perfect!
  • 08-27-2019
    chazpat
    So now ebikes don't even need riders?
  • 08-27-2019
    cyclingdutchman
    I have seen this before, I think it was in the commuting thread linked already.

It doesnt show if/how the mechanism is locked in both positions. I wouldnt want to ride it when it isnt locked at all.

Other than that it looks like a smart concept, parks in a normal space and hauls big stuff when necessary. Would like to try it out.
  • 08-28-2019
    scottzg
    I like the idea, but also think it's stupid.

-long tail bikes are rad, but despite doing 4/5ths of my traveling by bike, i have no need for a cargo bike. I own a car for hauling stuff

-ebike is an awesome first/last mile solution, but so far they only exist as a way for folks to use bike infrastructure who would be better served by a moped

-folding is a fantastic idea, but i didn't see any details on how it's actually implemented...? Details matter.

-my 44lb tandem is difficult to carry and park... for a normal size human is this just an incompetent motorcycle?

Seems like a potentially awesome tool for a world that we don't quite live in.
  • 08-28-2019
    Mr Pig
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclingdutchman View Post
    It doesn't show if/how the mechanism is locked in both positions. I wouldn't want to ride it when it isnt locked at all.

That isn't a hard thing to do. In fact the beauty of the design is that there is nothing technologically difficult about it. It's a simple, clever and totally practical idea.

It's not a do it all bike and it doesn't have to be. The best way to look at it is as a cargo bike you can fold for easy parking, storage or to make maneuvering easier when it's not carrying a load.
  • 08-29-2019
    jrm
    sketchy light construction for something deemed a cargo bike...and doesnt seem to hold any more than a pair of panniers and or a portuer rack..class II meh..
  • 08-29-2019
    mtbxplorer
    ^^ I thought it looked kinda wimpy too.
  • 11-09-2019
    Tristan Wolf
    I see various cargo bikes and e-bikes here in Vienna. Mostly good solution here, but not sure is it that good idea in les bike-friendly cities, or places with harsher climate or terrain configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk