• 09-25-2011
    Slurry
    Waterproof Shoe covers for normal shoes?
    Anyone got any recommendations for waterproof shoe covers that will fit over normal sneakers? I've only ever found cycling specific/compatible shoe covers for clipless pedal shoes, and have been forced to switch my commuter to clipless pedals for the 9 months of rain in my city.

Clipless pedals are nice for my work/school commute (where I can store a pair of normal shoes), but mean I'm forced to bring a pair of shoes with me for any other trip i make. I grew tired of walking around in mountain-bike shoes a while ago.
  • 09-25-2011
    woodway
    Showers Pass makes covers that work with regular shoes.
  • 09-25-2011
    Slurry
    Quote:

Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    Showers Pass makes covers that work with regular shoes.

happen to know the model name?
  • 09-26-2011
    woodway
  • 09-26-2011
    Tom93R1
  • 09-26-2011
    TwoHeadsBrewing
    Is there a reason that normal covers won't work for non-clipless shoes? I have some Garneau booties that slip on to whatever shoe I happen to be wearing.

• 09-26-2011
    jl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurry View Post
    I grew tired of walking around in mountain-bike shoes a while ago.

How about some splats?

MUSA Splats (pair)
  • 09-26-2011
    mtbxplorer
    1 Attachment(s)
    NEOS overshoes are a little clunky, but probably the driest option for over regular shoes, probably fine for shorter commutes:
    Non-Insulated
  • 10-11-2011
    rep
    How about "rubbers"? I do not mean condoms, I mean the over-shoes made of rubber that you put over dress shoes. Check the web under "rubber slip on overshoes" and you will find lots. I think I got mine at K-mart.