Video: Winter Solstice Morning Commute 2009- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Video: Winter Solstice Morning Commute 2009

If your idea of a good time is watching a video of someone commuting to work on a cold, dark, snowy morning while listening to 5 of Canadian folk rock hero Bruce Cockburn's greatest hits. I have the video for you.

Hahaha....I just noticed this is my first post and I joined way back in 2004.
    Last edited by Keski; 12-23-2009 at 11:10 PM.

weirdo
    Welcome, Keski. Don`t have much to say very often?
    Pretty cool video, but kind of on the long side.
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar
    Welcome, Keski. Don`t have much to say very often?
    Pretty cool video, but kind of on the long side.

Thanks rodar,

I'm the strong, silent type. Yeah it is long, it's my full commute from door to door. My artistic vision damit. Usually I have a 5 minute or so highlights clip to go along with it, so people can watch either. Just didn't feel like doing it yet. I post the highlights clip on youtube with a link to the full commute. Since I can only put 10min videos on youtube.

It's got double the views already than I expected it would. I think people stick around for the music.

weirdo
    Well, no offense but while a little bit of snow commute is really cool to watch, aything longer kind of falls under the ol "you had to be there" category. It looks like some nice bike trails around there- they look like fun both in the winter and the summer clips. Where are you?
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    I watched the whole thing and some of your other rides as well. Good stuff
    pretty good music also, its nice to see and hear something different kudos to you.
    Cheers and happy holidays.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar
    Well, no offense but while a little bit of snow commute is really cool to watch, aything longer kind of falls under the ol "you had to be there" category. It looks like some nice bike trails around there- they look like fun both in the winter and the summer clips. Where are you?
    I get what you're saying rodar. The market for a 25min video of me riding my bike is a small market indeed. That said, this one seems to have struck a chord with viewers. It's gotten 500 views in 3 days. My most popular videos usually take 3 months or more to get there or never do.

I just finished cutting it down to fit a chosen song about 5mins long. Takes forever to decide what to cut out. I'll upload it on youtube with a link to the full vid. Hopefully I'll get a few more views from that.

Yeah, my commute route is a lot of fun. I like when people to remind me of that. It's easy to take for granted. I live in a small city called Thunder Bay in North Western Ontario.

Merry Christmas

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryallrider
    I watched the whole thing and some of your other rides as well. Good stuff
    pretty good music also, its nice to see and hear something different kudos to you.
    Cheers and happy holidays.
    Thank's tryallrider,

I appreciate it. Happy holidays to you and your loved ones.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Looks like you are really hauling balls. Do you have studs?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    Looks like you are really hauling balls. Do you have studs?
    Yeah I was trying to pour it on a little on the straights to try and make it more exciting to watch, but I was definately taking it easy in the corners. I only had one take and didn't want to ruin it by going down...lol

I was using studs on that bike. Schwalbe Ice Spiker with 304 studs up front and Schwalbe Snow Stud with 108 studs (I think) in the back. They weren't required that day. Not particularly icy.

Thanks for watching.

mtbr member
    Awesome! I always wonder what it might be like to commute in snow (or even rain, for that matter). Here in the desert, I mostly just put on a second jersey and some knee and foot covers, and call it good.
    Just Ride!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mt bk
    Awesome! I always wonder what it might be like to commute in snow (or even rain, for that matter). Here in the desert, I mostly just put on a second jersey and some knee and foot covers, and call it good.
    Promise me you'll never take that for granted....lol

mtbr member
    I dunno, Just remember me next summer when you're crusing in 80 F weather, and I'm riding to work when its over 100 F by 9:00 am.
    Just Ride!

Members who have read this thread: 0