Unavailability rant- Mtbr.com
    weirdo

Upset Unavailability rant

Email from CBO:
    "Sorry dude, we don`t have any now, but we`ll get them to you just as soon as those no-longer available products shows up!"

So, why the F*k did you let me go through the trouble of putting them in my "cart", then entering my address and CC number? Why do you STILL have them listed on your website as "Available- ships in 5 - 8 business days" even after you just sent your warehouse guy to get them for me and he came back and said they weren`t there???

Since the products I ordered are out of production (replaced by "improved" models that won`t work for me), nobody else still lists them for sale, so I would not have evil thoughts about CBO for not carrying them either. WHY don`t they just take them off their website? Or, if they insist on leaving them up there, why not just tell me they`re not available as soon as I click on the online catalogue link for those products, like half of Universal Cycles` supposedly for sale products? I HATE that! And I know it isn`t just CBO, though they seem especially prone to it. Over the summer I ordered the same tires three times before somebody who advertized them finally had a pair to actually send me, each time letting me go through the motions, then recieve an order confirmation, then FINALLY get an order un-confirmation. GRRRR
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Sucks. What where the things in question?

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Cambria has done this to me on five (5!!!) occasions before. Why in the f*ck do they show something as “being in stock” and letting you put it in the cart—yes, I know the frustration you are dealing with. They “have” some pretty rare stuff “in stock” at any given time. But when you want to actually buy it, you find out via email/voicemail from them 5 to 7 days later that, “Sorry man, we don’t actually have it”. Whatever. I am still waiting on the “status” of a green anodised Raceface Atlas 165mm crankset (for a 68/73mm BB), after having been informed 5 days ago via email that they “aren’t certain 100% that the item is in stock”. Amateurs??? Should little asscrack hometown shops be trying to do “big”*business online?
    Don’t frail and blow if you’re going to Braille and Flow.

No Stranger to danger....
    They do it on purpose to get more/your money locked up, hoping you will just spend it on something else in the store, one of the oldest dodgiest tricks in the book, and very poor form.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....:cool:

weirdo
    Yeah it does suck, but I feel much better now that my opinion has been confirmed and I know the suckiness isn`t just my imagination

@Wschruba: In this case, a VDO MC1.0 (wired) altimeter and additional "second bike" mount.

@Leupold: That kind of annoying monkey buisness irks the crap outa me, but I actually prefer to deal with "asscrack hometown shops" as opposed to mega corps. Harris, Yellow Jersey, Calhoun and others have been awesome for me and they`re all much more rinky-dink than Cambria.

@Tone`s: That would be devious as well as irritating, but it would make sense. Fortunately though, those "Just kidding!" offers usually never charge my card at all. On the one occasion I remember that I actually was charged (part of that Big Apple fiasco I eluded to in the first post), the charges had already been reversed by the time I received my monthly credit card bill. I honestly don`t know why they do it.
    Recalculating....

since 4/10/2009
    pisses me off, too. the stocking systems are out there that can update your website to say whether a product is available, or on backorder, or whatever. any decent web shop should be using a system like that so the customer knows what he's getting into when hitting the submit button.

I've called mail order houses before on issues like this and gone up to management on it, even when they didn't charge my card, because they wasted my time.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    pisses me off, too. the stocking systems are out there that can update your website to say whether a product is available, or on backorder, or whatever. any decent web shop should be using a system like that so the customer knows what he's getting into when hitting the submit button.

I've called mail order houses before on issues like this and gone up to management on it, even when they didn't charge my card, because they wasted my time.
    Those systems rely on the employees using it correctly. In-person sales and other "repurposing" that do not get entered screw up things quickly.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Members who have read this thread: 0