Trek 7.5FX good bike for city riding?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Trek 7.5FX good bike for city riding?

I'm looking at getting my first good bike. Up till now I've been riding an older canadian tire special. I like the look of the Trek 7.5FX and was thinking about picking it up. It will be used mostly for riding back and fourth to the gym, and cruising around town. Maybe somthing competitive who knows. My question is am I going with a good bike, is it a good value and can I do any better for the price range?

Ovaries on the Outside
    For commuting I like an upright bike with larger tire clearance, room for full fenders, eyelets, the potential for a rack or two and SS. Looks like it will work...

mtbr member
    I have one and enjoy it thoroughly for city riding and commuting. Also does well on longer road rides.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I ride sometimes with a guy who has that exact bike. I am riding my cross check and he is on the 7.5 FX. The 7.5 FX would be great for light road riding and riding on pathways and gravel roads. It is good bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Aside from having a good bike, you'll need to have a good lock to secure that bike. I'd go lower end since a bike that is parked outside will have chipped paint, scratches, dents, or may get vandalized or stripped. Consider the Trek 7.1 as a commuter. I ride a 1980's Trek 720 now and it's great for my commute and errands. With fenders, panniers, and quick releases secured, this bike does it all.

Members who have read this thread: 0