Titec H Bar- Mtbr.com

Thread: Titec H Bar

Did I catch a niner+?

New question here. Titec H Bar

I am curious if you commuters have swapped out your drop bars for something more along the lines of the Titec H Bar or a similar one (that being the Jones). I am finding I do not like the "attack" position of the drop bars very much, and my bars are very narrow at that I do not have the exact width but I am guessing 20 something.

So any insight on the H Bars? Do your brake levers fit fine or did you need new lines?

pink

Frt Range, CO
    I have the Titec H bars on my commuter and love 'em. I originally thought I'd use them on my MTB, I didn't like them in that application, I prefer a more standard bar on my MTB.

I'm running Shimano brake levers, Avids aren't as nice because the allen bolt used to tighten the lever interferes with some of the hand positions (the bolt is right on my hand's pressure point).

I really like the variety of hand positions, into the wind I reach towards the front "bull horns" and have a nice aero posture. When I'm navigating dicey roads/sidewalks/curbs I use the regular grip position. I padded the flat section on each side of the stem and use that position mostly, it's similar to a road bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jul 2007
    I have been running a set of H-bars on my commuter (Niner MCR) for about 6 months and while I like them better than the flat bars, I am still looking around for a better solution. I do like having multiple hand positions and as Pursuiter said, the bull horns are nice for sections where you want a little more aerodynamic profile and just need to crank (no shifting or braking needed).

I am running XT hydraulic disc and X9 twist shifters and while they work fine, it does get a little crowded. I did need to run a new hydraulic line for the rear brakes and I believe that I had to install new cables as well. I am running a much lower rise (6 degree 135 mm) stem than pursuiter and I have my bars set a little more flat than what he is running (I believe his is the correct installation but I am more comfortable with them flat).

Ovaries on the Outside
    I never really thought of the titec as a commuter bar... I've had several alt bars on my commuters and most offer a further reach for an "aero" position. My road bike has bull horns, which offers the same positioning. For road and fast commuting, having a handlebar that lets you get over the front wheel and pump is really important, so I'm not sure if you can beat a drop bar...

Nice bike, pursuiter. What is it?

weirdo
    I like it too. You have a dyno hub that isn`t hooked up to anything?

I`m very happy with cyclocross drops on my commuter, but can`t bring myself to switch out the flat bars on my mtb. I bought an Origin 8 Gary, but the bar end shifters I have don`t fit and STI is uncomfortable for me. Maybe one of these days I`ll try it with thumb shifters.
    Recalculating....

Ovaries on the Outside
    You could probably make something work with the Paul's Comp, assuming you have the bar ends already.

Did I catch a niner+?
    Thanks for the info guys I took a set of flat bars from my '99 Trek 800 and my Ergon grips w/ magnesium bar ends this seems to work out a lot better then drop bars, I just do not like this sets angle of attack. They are very narrow for someone like me.

pink

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar
    I like it too. You have a dyno hub that isn`t hooked up to anything?
    I'm working on a DIY LED headlight...any day now It's only about 0.002HP drag with no load so I don't really notice.

Members who have read this thread: 0