Tall guy cold weather gear- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Tall guy cold weather gear

I am 6'6" and need some gear to keep warm when I commute into work (so I don't complain when the temps get down to a chilling 47F). What works for tall guys to keep warm?

If I buy tights or leg warmers, will I look like I am wearing man capris? Or do they stretch long enough or maybe come in tall sizes somewhere? Same goes for arm warmers, where can I get a set that is long enough?

Bedwards Of The West
    I'm 6'2", almost 6'3", and I have Pearl Izumi leg warmers. You can wear them lower or higher to compensate for where you want the bottom to line up. I don't have any issues with them sliding around, but I do try to keep the tops under the edge of my cycling shorts so it sort of holds it in place. I'm not sure, but I think they (pearl izumi) make 'tall' or 'long' sizes. I also have some pricepoint ones and they are pretty short, even for me. Wouldn't reccomend those. Check out Pearl Izumi though.

I also use black wind/waterproof socks...and I put them on first, before I slip the leg warmers on, so the sock is tucked up under the leg warmer. You can't tell where the sock stops and the legwarmer starts. Totally eliminates any man capri action.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    check out walmart's "dri star" clothing by Starter. It is SUPER CHEAP and works very well for the money, i got my long sleeve wicking shirts that keep me warm @ $5/each and a wicking hooded jacket for $11. and shipping wasn't high like all other shops either...
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    check out walmart's "dri star" clothing by Starter. It is SUPER CHEAP and works very well for the money, i got my long sleeve wicking shirts that keep me warm @ $5/each and a wicking hooded jacket for $11. and shipping wasn't high like all other shops either...
    I like Walmart's prices, but I find their clothing is very much suited to the "wide" crowd. It's cut very wide and short for the given size, like it's made for overweight people. It fits terrible for someone who's tall and thin.

Members who have read this thread: 0