suggestions for hydration backpack for school- Mtbr.com

Mar 2008

suggestions for hydration backpack for school

I'm tired of using my stand along camelbak hydration pack placed under my Jansport backpack when riding to school. I was wondering what good packs are out there that combine both the hydration pack as well as enough room to lug around my school books. Looking for people's opinions/experiences. Thank you!

weirdo
    Unless you need to carry an awful lot of water to school for some reason, you might find a plain `ol water bottle the easiest method. My opinion, anyway.

Mar 2008
    Well, I ride about 11 miles one way. I don't know if, during the dead heat of summer, that the water bottles would be enough..... I could be wrong though. I also wanted to be able to just jump off my bike and not have to worry about removing and storing the bottles.... call me lazy I know. :P

mtbr member
    It's a bit of a ghetto fix, but you could just take your bladder out of your camelbak and put it into your school bag.

Personally, I'd just go with a water bottle.

rbtm member
    Jan 2004
    Camelbak has a neoprene (I think) bag that holds one of their bladders that you can lash to the outside of your current backpack or put it inside.

In fact, here it is:
    http://www.rei.com/product/749987?vcat=REI_SEARCH

I'm with the others though. I'd just use bottles.
    "The mouth of justice contemplates wisdom."

mtbr member
    Camelbak H.A.W.G?

Mar 2008
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I did look at the HAWG and it seemed like a good candidate. I may just break down and get two water bottles and use those. I feel like I drink a lot of water when I'm riding. Maybe I can get bottles and find a new bag that has an external pocket for carrying such a device. Thanks again for all the inputs.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I just put the bladder (or the entire bag) in my Chrome Metropolis. One of the standalone sleeves would be the best way.

Members who have read this thread: 0