Suggest a bike!

Printable View

• 06-18-2014
    hondachevy
    Suggest a bike!
    Looking for a flat-bar bike with an aluminum frame, solid fork, disk brakes, a triple in front, some fatter, mixed use tires.

Is there such a thing out there?

It will be my wives bike, but I will use it more then her.

Any input welcomed!
  • 06-18-2014
    BigVaz
    I think you might've just described a fatbike... lol
  • 06-18-2014
    Straz85
    There will certainly be something that suits those needs. You can get a hybrid/CX style bike with disc brakes, aluminum frame and carbon fork. The trick will be finding one with a triple. Usually bikes with triples are on the lower end and tend to have rim brakes. If she/you can live with either a compact double or rim brakes, there's a ton of choices out there. Let me tell you, for a couple years I really wanted a road bike with disc brakes, and now that I have one with disc brakes and another with canti brakes and good pads, I really couldn't care less.

Some of the Trek FX series bikes fit all your needs and come with 32mm tires, you could likely go a bit larger: FX - Trek Bicycle

My recommendation would be get one with a double chainring and get a little bigger cassette.
  • 06-18-2014
    formula4speed
    If you're okay with steel you could look at the Surly Ogre. It should clear 2.4 inch tires if you like high volume.
  • 06-18-2014
    hondachevy
    "I think you might've just described a fatbike... lol"

I can't see that ending well, for me... LOL
  • 06-18-2014
    Whacked
    Diamondback Insight, Haanjo. Fuji Absolute. Trek FX,... tons of options those just being bikes I have seriously considered over the last couple months