mtbr member

Streetview Commuter

A regular bicycle commuter from Germany was caught on Streetview last August and went online now.

The commuter, who is currently a name known to all, can be seen hauling a trailer with two kids in it through the town of Steenbergen in The Netherlands. As he is always concerned about his and others safety, he can be seen riding with his headlight on even in broad daylight.

Some pics:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yvm8rA5zVigPkIjt2

Wierdo
    Dec 2005
    ^^ Well done Dutchman!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    ^^ Well done Dutchman!
    Thanks but I think it was more luck than skill, just happened to be behind the google car that day but still funny to see myself there

mtbr member
    I like how the LED headlights are bright enough to act as daytime running lights. Nice to have that documented. I can't say I would recognize you, though!

mtbr member
    Hi BrianMC, yes I always have the lights on. It is a light from busch and muller with 80lux. 3 years ago it was the brightest light available. By now they have a 100lux lamp but i am happy with mine and will probably take the.same one if I have to.

If I could be recognized they would have had to blur my face anyway so its fine for me as it is now

CB of the East
    Nice! I saw what I thought was a streetview car on one of my commutes. I checked that section of road every few months for a year but I never showed up. How long did it take between seeing the car and seeing the pictures?

mtbr member
    Ive seen the car mid august this year and the pics are online for max 3 weeks, so I guess it took them 5 months? Not bad actually, considering they have to go through every picture and blur out everything inappropriate.

Mostly the streetview cars are white, with the maps logo on the side and the camera on top, which can not be overseen, its pretty big.

Does it match the car that you saw?

CB of the East
    I didn't notice it until the last second and it was on a rural road so I didn't get a good view. It had a big thing on the top and I though it must be a streetview Camera. It was a few years ago now.

mtbr member
    Maybe they were not recording or you were too far away. I have the feeling I wasnt that far away from the car as it looks, but still you can see me only when you use maximum zoom.

A picture of how the car usually looks:
    https://www.pcbdaily.com/wp-content/...-steetview.jpg

pretty obvious I would say...

Moderator Moderator
    Very cool, Dutchman! I was doing some streetview research at work on a place I had inspected, and apparently the guy was not too happy when the car took a wrong turn through his property. The streetview shows him throwing a handful of wrenches and screwdrivers right at the car - and then abruptly turning around! It did not even blur his face.

Wierdo
    Dec 2005
    They have SW that blurs the faces out (they don't do through them manually).

Dutchman, you should have sprinted to keep up with the car. It would have been a memorable record for you and I'm sure your kids would have enjoyed the ride!