Stop and Frisk Risk- Mtbr.com
    Moderator Moderator

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I've generally found those leather clad Aussie cops to be pretty smug, rude, arrogant and condescending compared to those in the uk, usa and Canada. I have had a few run ins with them over minor motoring violations (check out the kevin bloody wilson local cop song if you don't believe me).
    I'll bet that wiped the smug grin off his face haha - given the attitude of them I wouldn't have warned him either, but the again I wouldn't ride around with a snake. Oh and I won't be making anymore YMCA jokes at aussie cops again

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJon View Post
    I've generally found those leather clad Aussie cops to be pretty smug, rude, arrogant and condescending compared to those in the uk, usa and Canada. ... Oh and I won't be making anymore YMCA jokes at aussie cops again

mtbr member
    I think it would have been funnier if the cyclist had said: You really don't want to put your hands in there!" Because that would be a warning and like a red flag to a bull for an over zealous cop. In fact, that would be a decent defense as to why he did not warn them! Doing so may have made them more eager to search.

As a teen, I ran into my share of smug, rude, arrogant, and abusive small town cops. They can be a whole different experience from big city, state and provincial police. My favorite, was a campus cop who called to have my MG towed on my last day on campus on what was supposed to be a 5 minute bank stop heading out of town. Unfortunately for him, I realized it was no "touch and go" stop, so was in danger of bing towed, so I moved the car into a recently vacated spot while my wife held our place in line, This took maybe a minute. The cop got stuck with the towing charge and was he pisssed! He all but assaulted me attempting to get me to do something he could arrest me for, and I did not understand his problem with all the yelling and gesticulating. My wife was not mesmerized by this spectacle of a 6' 6" 250 pound man having a temper tantrum and she guided us to the car. When we were exiting the parking lot we broke out laughing that his overly eager actions cost him dearly.

Nice to know that sometimes what goes around, comes around. My Karma was very good that day and his, sad to say, was not.