Printable View

• 05-22-2014
    JUNGLEKID5
    spcialized awol
  • 05-25-2014
    bugshield
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5 View Post

Not me. I ordered one in the fall and got tired of waiting by spring. I'm happy with what I got but also think the AWOL would have been a great bike.
  • 05-25-2014
    life behind bars
    Same thing here, got tired of the wait, was looking to use it as a Commuter/Adventure bike.
  • 05-27-2014
    JUNGLEKID5
    Hummm
  • 06-27-2014
    Fredwitrave
    1 Attachment(s)
    This is mine:

Attachment 904250

and I like it a lot!!! I've done over 500 miles on the awol including a 2 day trip of total of 180 miles. I only changed the saddle to a Brooks so far.

One thing: I'm not so happy with the quality of the paint job.

Still: great bike!
  • 06-27-2014
    JUNGLEKID5
    whats up with the paint
  • 06-28-2014
    Fredwitrave
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5 View Post
    whats up with the paint

Well, maybe I'm to picky (let me know if you think so :-)) but after 500 miles the cables have worn off some of the paint right up to the 'naked' steel.

Attachment 904354

I've never had that so fast with other bikes. It's not a big deal but it gives me kind of a bad impression.

Anyway: as I said before: love the bike!

PS: I bought the Awol (less expensive), maybe the frame of the Awol COMP is better?
  • 06-28-2014
    TenSpeed
    Some of these would have prevented that. It was the first thing I did on my TriCross when I bought it. Took the test ride, bought it, took it home, and put those on. Didn't ride it before they were put on. I used clear, but you get the idea.

• 06-28-2014
    Fredwitrave
    True ...
  • 06-28-2014
    TenSpeed
    The cables will do some damage, as you can see, in less than 500 miles. I have seen a few bikes that have been to hell and back from cable rub, and they are still fairly new.
  • 07-03-2014
    indigo_falconm40
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post

Did u spray clear coat or are u talking about the black ^ on the frame?
  • 07-03-2014
    TenSpeed
    That's not my bike, just a picture I found online. I am talking about the black. They make inexpensive frame protectors like that that are easily installed. I had found some clear protectors on either Jenson or PricePoint that worked very well.
  • 07-04-2014
    lextek
    How'd I miss this bike? I've been looking for an all arounder, commuter. Narrowed it down to Salsa Fargo and Surly Straggler. The AWOL looks like a version of the Fargo.
  • 07-04-2014
    JUNGLEKID5
    I am liking this bike a lot
  • 07-27-2014
    H3LlIoN
    Just bought one. I walked in the store looking for a new trail bike. I've never ridden 700c or drop bars...all the other bikes I've tried were trying to kill me. I took this for a spin on a whim and ended up loving it so very much. It's an awesome bike, lots of fun to ride. I too noticed that cable rub was going to be an issue, although mine hasn't worn yet. I made a mental note to find some chafe protection. So far, I've added a rear rack and swapped out the saddle to a 155 instead of the narrower stocker. I'm also waiting on a set of panniers to show up @ the LBS. Super stoked to get out and do some camping trips with this bad boy.
  • 07-28-2014
    JUNGLEKID5
    Awsome
  • 08-03-2014
    JUNGLEKID5
    I want to ride this bike all winter