• 11-29-2012
    Captain Duderino
    Snowy slushy winter commuting clipless BOOTS
    I'm okay with futzing around with booties for 45-30F dry-light precip days, but when there's an hour or more that I'm spending in BDC-ankle deep slush or axle deep snow, booties and carefully placed rain shells just do not cut it, and really are a crappy extra step between the bike rack and the desk. I want, no, need a hybrid of my regular spd clipless shoe and a Sorel Glacier. Waterproof as an ortlieb bag, flexible down to the shoe part, two or three ski boot buckles at the shoe, drawstring to hold just above the calf below the knee, easy in, easy out... Shimano's mw-81 and Sidi's gtx are fine for winters in SoCal and Florida, but come on, they are a joke for anybody riding north of Texas year round, every day, sometimes for eight hours a day. I'm sure there are plenty of hardcore winter leisure and commuting riders from Canada and elswhere who do just fine with what's already availiable, but wouldn't it be nice? This is a petition for a new product. Please sign it so that the companies whom we trust for clipless shoes may consider adding clipless BOOTs to their product lines.
  • 11-29-2012
    jeffscott
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Duderino View Post
    I'm okay with futzing around with booties for 45-30F dry-light precip days, but when there's an hour or more that I'm spending in BDC-ankle deep slush or axle deep snow, booties and carefully placed rain shells just do not cut it, and really are a crappy extra step between the bike rack and the desk. I want, no, need a hybrid of my regular spd clipless shoe and a Sorel Glacier. Waterproof as an ortlieb bag, flexible down to the shoe part, two or three ski boot buckles at the shoe, drawstring to hold just above the calf below the knee, easy in, easy out... Shimano's mw-81 and Sidi's gtx are fine for winters in SoCal and Florida, but come on, they are a joke for anybody riding north of Texas year round, every day, sometimes for eight hours a day. I'm sure there are plenty of hardcore winter leisure and commuting riders from Canada and elswhere who do just fine with what's already availiable, but wouldn't it be nice? This is a petition for a new product. Please sign it so that the companies whom we trust for clipless shoes may consider adding clipless BOOTs to their product lines.

Yup I ride a shimano MW 81 down to -36 C and through a long cold salty slushy winter as well....

They work fine are water proof and very warm...

Nope pain in the ass if you ask me....no signy from me.
  • 11-29-2012
    CommuterBoy
    I'm in

• 12-12-2012
    (807) Recordings
    -17 riding here in Dresden, Snow, in Sidi Dragons.
    Using these for shoe heaters and they rule!
    If only I had them for hands also.

Schuhheizung