Sizes for replacement Hex Pin Security Bolts? (accesory/component theft prevention)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Idea! Sizes for replacement Hex Pin Security Bolts? (accesory/component theft prevention)

Hey all,

I've been looking into Pinheads for my daily / commuter bike, but they're expensive and ridiculous.

So I've decided on replacing my seatpost clamp bolt, seatpost/saddle clamp bolt, fender attachment bolts, rear cargo rack attachment bolts, etc, etc.

I'll be using countersunk Hex Pin bolts for preventative measures (I know it's not 100% perfect, but it's better than the current, where a thief can remove everything with a simple pocket-sized bike tool).
    http://www.securityfasteners.net/Sec...ine-Screw.html

So essentially, does anyone know a source to find the sizes for common bicycle bolts so I can order these new Hex Pin bolts?

I'll be happy to take some photos, post results, and share the information that I uncover.

Thanks much, appreciate it

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Those are torx security bolts, not hex/allen security bolts. Don't want you buying the wrong tools for them.

As far as the thread pitch and diameter goes, most hardware stores have some kind device as part of their display that helps you determine the diameter and thread pitch for screws and nuts.

Members who have read this thread: 0