Semi's Promoting Bike Safety in Utah-
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: mtbxplorer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Semi's Promoting Bike Safety in Utah

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jhmeathead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Wow check out the two responses on that page. Drivers here in Ogden usually give me decent room with only the occasional a$$hat yelling something out their window. Ive spoken with the owner of city cycle who said he moved up here because it was one of the most cycle friendly states he has been to especially compared to florida were he is from. Plus awesome trails.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Straz85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    It's nice that they're looking at this from both perspectives. I feel like most cycling safety campaigns sponsored by LEOs attack the problem from more of a "save cyclists from themselves" angle. They act like they're doing cyclists a favor by "cracking down on bicycles running red lights and stop signs". I can tell you this much, 99% of the close calls I have are due to a driver doing something illegal and not from me breaking a law.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: newfangled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    ^ yup. Around here 99% of accidents involve only motor vehicles. Pedestrians or cyclists are involved in the other 1%, and are at fault or partially at fault 1/2 the time.

    So a billboard warning cyclists to stop breaking the law could reduce collisions by at most 0.25%. Same thing for all the boring anti-jaywalking campaigns.

    In comparison, about 1.3% of Americans are named Michael. A billboard that says "Michael! Stop driving like an idiot!" could potentially reduce collisions by an astounding 0.7%! But for some reason no one will fund those...

    Nice to see that Utah isn't ignoring the elephant in the room. Love the comments on the article, though.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2012, 03:00 PM
  2. Bike safety - One Got Fat
    By dirt farmer in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 01:26 PM
  3. Shamelessly promoting mine-
    By KyleH in forum Felt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
  4. Bike Safety Video
    By mtbxplorer in forum Commuting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 07:16 PM
  5. Bike safety...
    By wvmtb in forum Families and Riding with Kids
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 09:58 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.