Selling my 2013 Allez for a 2006 Giant OCR?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Selling my 2013 Allez for a 2006 Giant OCR?

I currently have a 2013 Specialized Allez Sport with the Sora groupset. I'm looking at picking up a 2006 Giant OCR that has a carbon frame, and ultegra groupset for $500. The Giant OCR has about 5,000 miles on it and seems well maintained. Would this be an upgrade for me or a downgrade? The MSRP on the Giant was $1,600 new.

I'd rather be on my bike
    10 year old carbon frame and an original 10 year old Ultegra groupset? If you like your bike and it fits you well, why not spend that money and upgrade your drivetrain? Shimano Ultegra 6700 10 Speed Groupset Builder | Chain Reaction Cycles
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    10 year old carbon frame and an original 10 year old Ultegra groupset? If you like your bike and it fits you well, why not spend that money and upgrade your drivetrain? Shimano Ultegra 6700 10 Speed Groupset Builder | Chain Reaction Cycles
    To be honest I'm not a big fan of my current bike as it was not well taken care of by the previous owner and it is surprisingly ugly for such a newer Allez, I'd rate it a 5/10. My roommate however has a 2014 Allez Sport and that thing is waaay better than my bike. I was just hoping that this bike would be an upgrade mechanically and aesthetically since I could probably sell my current bike for somewhat close to the same price I would buy this for. I just figured the lighter frame and better wheelset alone would be worth it.

guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Central Cal Rider View Post
    ...it is surprisingly ugly for such a newer Allez
    Sigh....I ride a 2013 Allez sport Comp. I feel like I need to treat it to a wash and wax when I get home while whispering sweet assurances to her. "He didn't mean it." "It's inner beauty that counts"

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleebs View Post
    Sigh....I ride a 2013 Allez sport Comp. I feel like I need to treat it to a wash and wax when I get home while whispering sweet assurances to her. "He didn't mean it." "It's inner beauty that counts"
    Haha I didn't mean all the 2013 Allez Sports are ugly, mine has just seen rough times unfortunately. It's the silver one and unfortunately every bolt is rusted, the bar tape is destroyed (going to redo it soon), the frame is fairly beat up. Every time people ask the year and I tell them, they always go "Really? It looks a lot older." -_-'

Plus I think someone may have switched the front derailleur for a cheaper one, it has three different speeds even though it's a compact... I'm not sure if it's some sort of setting but it's weird having to shift twice to go up or down one ring haha.