• 10-22-2012
    JasonRider
    seat position while using aerobars
    Hello everyone,
    I was told that I want to have my seat as forward as possible while using aerobars to be able to push on the paddles for efficiently. Any comments? If so, I am thinking about getting the raceface turbine seatpost to be able adjust as my current setup doesn't allow much adjustability.

Thanks,

• 10-22-2012
    JasonRider
    btw i turned around my seatpost to get closer to the front, but then the seat angle was too much, that's the reason if I need to be closer, I'll need a new post.
  • 10-23-2012
    rodar y rodar
    I`m not sure about correct positioning of the aero bars, but unless you plan on them being your "primary" bars on that bike, remember that you still need to be comfortable and efficient when you`re using the flat bars. For that reason, you might be better off just to leave the rest of your fit as it is.

And now I`m subscribed. Probably won`t put aeros on my bike, but I am curious about them, so interrested to hear what the smart guys say :D
  • 10-23-2012
    jrm
    If you want to be over the crank
    using a set back post, position the seat so that its position negates any set back , mimicking a straight post. Just remember that you want to be able to move back and forth so yo use different muscles.
  • 10-23-2012
    jeffscott
    The Legacy of the Aerobar: Analysis of Fitting & Positioning

Have at it

Lots of good pictures that show saddle leg position.