Scarey Commute?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Scarey Commute?

Moderator Moderator

Scarey Commute?

Keep an eye out for Halloween decorations and post 'em up! Here's an elaborate boneyard I saw on my trip:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scarey Commute?-pa012314-640x480-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Looks like the Grim Reaper has been working out.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

since 4/10/2009
    sigh...just one house with decorations on my commute. I'm not bothering to put mine up, either. I have been entirely unable to get excited about any holiday since I've been in TX. I associate Halloween with cold nights by the bonfire, hot chocolate, mountains of leaves to jump into, and pumpkins that are preserved more than 2 days by that colder weather.

I can't get excited about it when I'm sweating in shorts and a t-shirt in mid-October.

even when I've made friends down here who host a killer Halloween party every year.

Finally by Thanksgiving, it's getting cool on a consistent basis, but Christmas weather just isn't cold enough here, either. I need to be bundled up by then, and around here I can even go without a jacket some days.

I can't wait to finish my degree and move back north.

mtbr member
    ^ Cold belongs in refrigerators and snow (pardon the four letter word) belongs on postcards, television, and vacation spots to be left behind after a couple of days after the novelty wears off. But that's just me
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by junior1210 View Post
    ^ Cold belongs in refrigerators and snow (pardon the four letter word) belongs on postcards, television, and vacation spots to be left behind after a couple of days after the novelty wears off. But that's just me
    of course someone from AZ would say that. :-)

the best winter I've lived through was the one I spent in Michigan where there were 2ft of snow on the ground for 2-3mo. Temps regularly got down to -20F. I still bike commuted (much less often, but I still rode). I won't be getting that much in Indy, but I'll be close enough to spend a weekend snowshoeing or XC skiing.

I love me real seasons. I've been so depressed that I've only seen one wimpy winter the 4 1/2 years I've been in TX.

Moderator Moderator
    Looks like the Grim Reaper has been working out.

You're right, he's bulked up, but I hope doping is not involved.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Biking in general is just a way to stay in shape for the snow season

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by space View Post
    Biking in general is just a way to stay in shape for the snow season
    Is snow season code for staying inside a warm and cozy place of comfort and snuggling with the significant other? Wink wink nudge nudge Say No More!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Is snow season code for staying inside a warm and cozy place of comfort and snuggling with the significant other? Wink wink nudge nudge Say No More!
    No snow season is when you strap a pair of sticks to your feet and go sliding on snow

Bicycle Radical
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    I love me real seasons. I've been so depressed that I've only seen one wimpy winter the 4 1/2 years I've been in TX.
    Being from Ontario Canada and having moved to Virginia, I sympathize with you completely. The winters here are way too wimpy for my tastes.

Bring on the cold!
    Free people must travel the road to productive social relations at the speed of a bicycle.- Ivan Illich

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post

You're right, he's bulked up, but I hope doping is not involved.
    +1 my good man, gave me a good chuckle.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wschruba View Post
    +1 my good woman, gave me a good chuckle.
    fixed it for ya!

mtbr member

Breaking News: Grim Reaper Under Investigation From USADA

Spokesman from USADA has just announced that after numerous pictures and conjecture being submitted that the agency has found no choice but to instigate a full investigation into doping allegations of the 'Angel of Death'. If the allegations are confirmed it is possible that the USADA could recommend that Azriel a.k.a. Grim Reaper be stripped of any titles and offices. While the Reaper was unavailable for comment, statements from other angelic beings were more forthcoming. "I can't believe that it's true." was the word from Gabriel. Archangel Micheal said " As much as I respect the guy and his power, if the charges are true then he must be cast down...er that is he should answer for his actions." Lucifer was heard to say " I knew it all along, nobody can snatch souls all day and night every day since creation and NOT be on something."

It has to be noted that problems have been cropping up in the investigations. It seems every time a prosecutor gets named, he dies soon after of natural causes. Still the USADA persists.

mtbr member
    Not many people have decorated houses along my route. There is one house with halloween lights on every morning I'll have to take a picture of
    "Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter."

Members who have read this thread: 0